Official JOKER Thread (SPOILERS)

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Zazie Beetz Spotted on 'Joker' Set for First Time with Joaquin Phoenix | zazie beetz joaquin phoenix joker set photos 01 - Photo
zazie-beetz-joaquin-phoenix-joker-set-photos-01.jpg

zazie-beetz-joaquin-phoenix-joker-set-photos-06.jpg

zazie-beetz-joaquin-phoenix-joker-set-photos-13.jpg

zazie-beetz-joaquin-phoenix-joker-set-photos-02.jpg

She looks like that actress from the King of Comedy movie.

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
Damn, I didnt know she was in this movie. I must have missed this announcement. That whats up with her getting crazy project since Atlanta (really her, LeKeith and Brian all been coming up). She gonna fukk around and not be able to be on Atlanta no more due to so many offers.:ehh:

Martha

Perfect cause her episodes always suck :blessed:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I'm guessing the timeline is Joker is a grown man puttin in work and Bats is probably like 8 at the time. That's how a lot of stories are done including the Tim Burton joint, he'll be one of the reasons why Bats grows up to fight crime. In the Nolan universe they are closer in age

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I'm guessing the timeline is Joker is a grown man puttin in work and Bats is probably like 8 at the time. That's how a lot of stories are done including the Tim Burton joint, he'll be one of the reasons why Bats grows up to fight crime. In the Nolan universe they are closer in age

If I were you, I wouldn't think of any of that for real. This is Elseworlds so its its own continuity and its a one and done. So there will be no ramifications from it. Worrying about who is what age and how it all lines up in some sort of batman lore will just make you cross-eyed and/or frustrated. Just like Killing Joke was meant to be a single story set in its own continuity, so is this

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
say the bytch ass nikka that was AFRAID to @ me or quote me. :umad:

If my simple post about this movie annoy you... then thats your problem and you're the real estrogen and emotional p*ssy the REAL RDUBB aka Krackdabytch.

Stop whining

Martha

:mjlol: @ anybody being afraid of a 30 + fakkit who stays on the mod's dikk crying about negs.

Go cry about almost killing yourself because @Twitter negged you. You a whole bytch. :hhh:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
"Elseworlds" stories were announced a while ago. With Snyder gone and Whedon fukking up Justice League, there was no reason to continue the DCEU.

Of course Gadot will do Wonder Woman movies and Robbie will do Harley Quinn movies and maybe some shyt will be connected, but this new DC team basically saying we just gonna do movies regardless of timelines, if it's a good idea then we'll run with it.

So Joker is the first attempt at an Elseworlds.
They aren't discontinuing the DCEU though. WB basically said that some movies will be self-contained and some will be part of the DCEU. But even the DCEU movies won't have a mandate to be overtly connected to the wider cinematic universe if the people making the movies don't want to include that as part of their films.
So WW, the Harley/Birds of Prey movie, Aquaman, Shazam etc. are all still DCEU movies.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
The "DCEU" will continue; just not in the way people are expecting. The movies will still be in the same universe, but they've moved on from attempting the serial "everything is one big story" style Marvel.

Which I think is a good move. Marvel's style has only worked for them thus far, and even they haven't been able to replicate it to that level of success if their TV side is anything to go by. DC looks to be taking their TV approach to film: everything is in the same universe, but unless it's a crossover, everyone does their own thing with little concern for what anyone else is doing.

I will say they're going to need a separate branding for this Elseworlds stuff. Just so people know.
They should use "Black Label" since that is the line the comics are using for self-contained stories like the current Batman: Damned book.