Official JOKER Thread (SPOILERS)

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
What do you call mobilizing a mob through the use of faux outrage to censor people/opinions you don't like? You know who used that tactic? Adolph Hitler and the Nazi party...what were they again?

Blaming Taxi Driver for an insane stalker obsessed with Jodie Foster was stupid back then and equally stupid now...That crazy fukk was always going to do something crazy to impress the woman he was obsessively stalking...Hinckley's demented mind thought of many ways of impressing Foster before settling on assassinating a president...One of those ways was to commit suicide in front of her and another was hijacking an airplane...He settled on assassinating a President because of the historical implications and notoriety...

So should Marty not have made one of the best films of all time because some crazy fukk like this guy wanted to do something crazy and his defense team might use his film as part of his insanity defense? :comeon:

Never mind the fact this crazy fukks motive had nothing in common with Travis Bickle...Travis Bickle attempt to assassinate Palantine was his rejection of a system he sees as hypocritical, self-serving and uncaring...He turned to vigilantism to clean up the city he saw as a cesspool of debauchery and sleaze...He tried to save Jodie Fosters character by killing her pimp...

Breh you went full retard.

Did you compare people with twitter fingers with that of Nazi Germany?? :dahell:

That silly white woman aint doing shyt.

I am sure Jodie Foster a teenager herself playing a teen prostitute would be considered problematic by itself.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
If y’all so worried about crazy cac’s shooting up the theatre, why don’t y’all just support your local hood theater?
Can’t speak for everyone else but there are no “hood” theaters around me. Despite the posturing on this forum, a lot of us more than likely live in the suburbs so our local theaters are just AMCs or Regals

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Am I the only one who thinks all this concerned talk about some nut job deciding to shoot up a movie theater has a bigger chance to trigger/inspire some nut job into the decision to do that than the actual movie does? I mean, it's often attention these folks seek and people are painting a target right for them.

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
Canada
giphy.gif

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Am I the only one who thinks all this concerned talk about some nut job deciding to shoot up a movie theater has a bigger chance to trigger/inspire some nut job into the decision to do that than the actual movie does? I mean, it's often attention these folks seek and people are painting a target right for them.
Usually when those things happen they are unexpected. I doubt any theater gets shot up. I hope not. But it's such a rare occurrence as is I wouldn't pay no mind to it.

Max.

Banned
WOAT
Daps
Was watching Taxi Driver with DeNiro earlier today and couldn't help but wonder what these soft cancel culture fascist fakkits would think of that movie if it dropped today...

Travis Bickle was a incel sociopath who said fukk it and turned into a homicidal vigilante...

I was watching rambo first blood n he literally did the same shyt

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Can’t speak for everyone else but there are no “hood” theaters around me. Despite the posturing on this forum, a lot of us more than likely live in the suburbs so our local theaters are just AMCs or Regals

Not to mention unless you live in a major city hood theaters are more or less extinct. I'm from Kansas City, Missouri and pretty much all the hood theaters closed like 20 years ago. Or got changed into some shyt like The Alamo.

And I like The Alamo but things like Bannister or Blue Ridge (for people that are from the area) are long gone. As is like you said I'll most likely be seeing this at my local AMC.

Fred.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Not to mention unless you live in a major city hood theaters are more or less extinct. I'm from Kansas City, Missouri and pretty much all the hood theaters closed like 20 years ago. Or got changed into some shyt like The Alamo.

And I like The Alamo but things like Bannister or Blue Ridge (for people that are from the area) are long gone. As is like you said I'll most likely be seeing this at my local AMC.

Fred.

Exactly. Mom and pop theaters don’t exists in big cities anymore. The hood theater in my county is one of the last standing and it’s nowhere near me. And even then, the whole area around it is getting a facelift so I’d expect it to be a part of that. There was a meh AMC in the county but they refurbished, remodeled, the whole 9. And even people who live in those areas don’t go to the movies there anymore :russ:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Exactly. Mom and pop theaters don’t exists in big cities anymore. The hood theater in my county is one of the last standing and it’s nowhere near me. And even then, the whole area around it is getting a facelift so I’d expect it to be a part of that. There was a meh AMC in the county but they refurbished, remodeled, the whole 9. And even people who live in those areas don’t go to the movies there anymore :russ:

This happened to large sections of Kansas City. And especially the down town area. They spent like $350 million to renovate it. Now it looks like something you'd see in L.A. or Miami but as someone from the inner city, it's virtually unrecognizable.

Fred.