Official JOKER Thread (SPOILERS)

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
I just read a theory that this Joker is the motivation behind the Joker that actually becomes Batman's nemesis....like he created a movement, like Anonymous and someone takes up the mantle, I LOVE that.
:ohhh:

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
I just read a theory that this Joker is the motivation behind the Joker that actually becomes Batman's nemesis....like he created a movement, like Anonymous and someone takes up the mantle, I LOVE that.
so, like gotham :pachaha:
Joaquin Phoenix's Joker is the highest-rated comic book film of ALL TIME as it scores an incredible 9.7 rating on IMDb
By Roxy Simons For Mailonline12:27 03 Sep 2019, updated 12:48 03 Sep 2019

18007630-0-image-a-96_1567505590209.jpg
He's the seventh actor to take on the role of the Clown Prince Of Crime, and has been hailed by reviewers as the 'most deranged version' of the character yet.

And, as of Tuesday, Joaquin Phoenix's Joker is currently the highest-rated comic book film of all time on IMDb, even beating Avengers: Endgame to the top post.

The Todd Phillips directed film, which premiered at the 76th Venice Film Festival on Saturday, has a rating of 9.7 compared to Endgame's score of 8.6.

18007352-7422275-Success_Joaquin_Phoenix_s_Joker_is_the_highest_rated_comic_book_-a-110_1567509213779.jpg

Success: Joaquin Phoenix's Joker is the highest-rated comic book film of ALL TIME as it scored an incredible 9.7 rating on IMDb, as of Tuesday

As the film has yet to officially be released in cinemas this rating could change, given the general public have not been able to watch it and rate it themselves.

Christopher Nolan's second Batman film, which starred the late Heath Ledger as the Joker, has a rating of 94 per cent, while Avengers: Endgame also has the same score.

The highest-rated film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe is currently Black Panther at 96 per cent, while in DC's filmography Wonder Woman has a score of 93 per cent, and Shazam! maintains a strong 91 per cent rating.

18009836-7422275-image-a-3_1567509303228.jpg

18009842-7422275-image-a-4_1567509308373.jpg

Wow! The Todd Phillips directed film, which premiered at the 76th Venice Film Festival on Saturday, has a higher rating compared to Endgame's score of 8.6

JOKER: THE EARLY REVIEWS ARE IN
Phillips' vision of Gotham standing [is a] sharp relief [from] the same city portrayed by Christopher Nolan or Tim Burton

- Jim Vejvoda, IGN

This neo-noir psychological character study is arguably the best Batman-adjacent movie since The Dark Knight

– David Rooney, The Hollywood Reporter

Undeniable style and propulsive charge... a film that looms and leers with nasty inexorability

– Richard Lawson, Vanity Fair

The fact is, everyone is going to be stunned by what Phoenix accomplishes, because it's what many thought impossible — a portrayal that matches and potentially exceeds that of The Dark Knight's Clown Prince of Crime

– Mark Hughes, Forbes

Phoenix never lets us forget that a monster will soon emerge, but he's such a haunting figure that we lament when that transformation occurs. And although the actor skillfully illuminates Arthur's pre-Joker disintegration, he also proves to be a pretty terrific Joker during the film's final stretches

– Tim Grierson, Screen Daily
whats the point of this if the shyt dont come out for another month :dahell: the score is gonna come down.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
so, like gotham :pachaha:

Never watched it lol, looked low budget af.

But I know the creepy looking ginger from Shamless was playing an iteration of the Joker, if that's the angle they took that's pretty cool.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

But I know the creepy looking ginger from Shamless was playing an iteration of the Joker, if that's the angle they took that's pretty cool.
Nah fox put money into it. It has a look but that’s just the cinematography they went for. It started out as a serious cop show and then transformed into a larger than life soap opera with Batman villains on every corner. But they filmed most of it on location in nyc

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
@Waterproof I ain’t even gonna quote that bullshyt but we really posting articles about IMDb ratings of movies that haven't even been actually released yet? The mere fact that media has fallen so incredibly low to write clickbait bullshyt like this is bad enough as it is, but I honestly should neg the shyt out of you for posting that garbage.

:francis:
:mjtf:

Click Bait Wtf you talking about

Ratings are from people seen the shyt, you too grown for this shyt.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
:mjtf:

Click Bait Wtf you talking about

Ratings are from people seen the shyt, you too grown for this shyt.
Anyone can vote on IMDb wants a movie is considered 'out'. This shyt has only had a few screenings at Venice yet got like 9,000 votes on IMDb. You do the math, breh.

And like @MartyMcFly said, who gives a flying fukk about an IMDb rating. They've been completely fukked since the social media era since it is just a lot of hype voting. shyt is even worse than posting a RT score which is already a low denominator.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Anyone can vote on IMDb wants a movie is considered 'out'. This shyt has only had a few screenings at Venice yet got like 9,000 votes on IMDb. You do the math, breh.

And like @MartyMcFly said, who gives a flying fukk about an IMDb rating. They've been completely fukked since the social media era since it is just a lot of hype voting. shyt is even worse than posting a RT score which is already a low denominator.

Yeah the moment it was “news” dark knight was now the greatest movie of all time according to IMDb, that’s when you know the hustle

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps

First of all, all this bytching and screaming for nothing, does it looks like a give a fukk about IMD.

I posted article on the reviews it got from Venice for christ sakes. Y'all really too damn grown for this shyt.

Pissed off Because some damn accolades.

Enjoy the movie and come back and bytch when it drops how movie critic's already wrote the narratives before it dropped and every body following suit

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang

missed out on good fukkery breh. Bodies getting caught every other ep once they got their footing. Plus the iterations of the batman villains were nicely spot on. That cac that played jerome aka basically joker was :wow: