Official JOKER Thread (SPOILERS)

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Homie, any movie in this era that stars a person the incel community can ID with on any level will be considered problematic. The message can be understood by one or most but that community will take the wrong lesson from it.

Look how many boneheads think fight club is saying Tyler durden is someone worth idolizing. The movie is saying he isn’t but that’s the problem with art being subjective. So that community was always going to take the wrong lessons from this movie and there’s nothing wrong with a critic, or anyone for that matter, pointing that out. Especially if the movie doesn’t give easy answers or neat and tidy solutions. That’s art tho

Well so far she is the only one saying it but I agree with you that the incel/alt right community is always going to find "messaging" in some form of entertainment especially when a main character is white..

They did the same shyt with The Matrix many years ago.. but why should we, people who are looking deeper into the art... care about what the incel community likes? It's not going to detract from my enjoyment in film or TV or whatever medium we're discussing.

That said, I do pay some attention to it because you have to pay attention to how your enemy is moving. :manny:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Well so far she is the only one saying it but I agree with you that the incel/alt right community is always going to find "messaging" in some form of entertainment especially when a main character is white..

They did the same shyt with The Matrix many years ago.. but why should we, people who are looking deeper into the art... care about what the incel community likes? It's not going to detract from my enjoyment in film or TV or whatever medium we're discussing.

That said, I do pay some attention to it because you have to pay attention to how your enemy is moving. :manny:
I wouldn’t say we should care but when you’re a critic you gotta be aware. No movie is released in a vacuum. To play ignorant to the world around you is false as hell.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I wouldn’t say we should care but when you’re a critic you gotta be aware. No movie is released in a vacuum. To play ignorant to the world around you is false as hell.

I don't disagree with you there.. I think there will be more reviews that feel like hers. This ain't gonna be no 100% positive movie and I think it actually works out better that way because when you have some people calling it a "masterpiece" and then other people saying it's "dangerous" or whatever.. I think it's going to attract more people to be like "okay, I need to see this."

Because honestly, I thought this would be a hit.. Now I'm thinking it will be an even bigger hit because of the conversation from both sides. :manny:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I don't disagree with you there.. I think there will be more reviews that feel like hers. This ain't gonna be no 100% positive movie and I think it actually works out better that way because when you have some people calling it a "masterpiece" and then other people saying it's "dangerous" or whatever.. I think it's going to attract more people to be like "okay, I need to see this."

Because honestly, I thought this would be a hit.. Now I'm thinking it will be an even bigger hit because of the conversation from both sides. :manny:
See I don’t believe pointing out a movies larger social implications means it’s not a good movie or means you won’t give it a good review. It CAN but the two aren’t wedded in my head. But that’s also how reviews work. People, especially on this fukking board, get way too attached to reviews and the tomato score rather than understanding the shyt is subjective and reducing a movie to a numerical value is asinine. You can give a positive review but point out flaws. You can give a flawed review but point out positives. It’s not a consumer review; it’s an art designed to tell the reader how that reviewer personally felt and their reaction. That’s it. And more than often, those reactions align with their taste. I’ve watched plenty of critically acclaimed movies that just don’t vibe with my taste or i wasn’t in the mood for at the moment.

I watched house of the devil years ago and hated it. Straight up hated it. Watched it earlier this year and loved it. Timing is everything and always will be. There’s more nuance involved than the internet wants to believe because this is not the place for nuance; something is either the dopest thing ever or its wack. And that’s so damn backwards

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
People are going to get ridiculous. I really hope social media dont get too crazy as we get closer to the release of this movie. shyt like that may discourage some actors from even making this type of movie due to silly backlash.

Has the run time for this movie been released yet? Feels like its going to be a quick movie based off the scenes they've shown.
2 hr I think

Jacaveli The Don

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#NarcissistGang
People are going to get ridiculous. I really hope social media dont get too crazy as we get closer to the release of this movie. shyt like that may discourage some actors from even making this type of movie due to silly backlash.

Has the run time for this movie been released yet? Feels like its going to be a quick movie based off the scenes they've shown.

Off yourself

1504092155-littlefinger.gif

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Homie, any movie in this era that stars a person the incel community can ID with on any level will be considered problematic. The message can be understood by one or most but that community will take the wrong lesson from it.

Look how many boneheads think fight club is saying Tyler durden is someone worth idolizing. The movie is saying he isn’t but that’s the problem with art being subjective. So that community was always going to take the wrong lessons from this movie and there’s nothing wrong with a critic, or anyone for that matter, pointing that out. Especially if the movie doesn’t give easy answers or neat and tidy solutions. That’s art tho

Those types of dudes also think Rick on Rick & Morty is the good guy of that show.
There will always be creepy socially backwards people who find a connection with a screwed up character in pop culture. The world can't change just because those weirdos exist.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Those types of dudes also think Rick on Rick & Morty is the good guy of that show.
There will always be creepy socially backwards people who find a connection with a screwed up character in pop culture. The world can't change just because those weirdos exist.
That shyt fascinates me lol. Your entire perspective as a human has to be slanted to see the world that way.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Mickey Mouse ain't going for that shyt:russ:

Let five minutes go by without a joke or pop culture reference

anigif_sub-buzz-20945-1476285606-6.gif

Mannnn I swear if Deadpool or Blade are some PG-13 shyt:stopitslime:

WB is releasing family friendly Shazam, R-rated Joker & Birds Of Prey then family friendly Wonder Woman in a span of a year. Idk why Disney can't do that when they're dropping Billion dollar films left and right. We were suppose to get that in the form of a Doom movie by Noah Hawley for FOX but Disney pulled it after the merger :francis: