Official JOKER Thread (SPOILERS)

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Shocking news from Venice. Excellent looking character film based on one of the most iconic pop culture characters for 70 years strong starring renowned and brilliant character actor... turn out to be great! Who could've seen those signs and predicted this?!
Lets not ignore the Todd phillips of it all :russ:

Only reason i was somewhat skeptical but been pumped all along

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
This will probably make that Morbius movie look soft as hell :pachaha:

here’s the real question: if this movie takes off the way it looks like it may, how long before WB gives Phoenix the brinks truck to entice him to play joker for a longer period of time?

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

Todd was a hook for me tho. Going off his description and trailers, this movie just deals in the same themes he’s been dealing with since old school: deconstructing masculinity, the relationship an individual has with the world around him and how it can shape them, characters who are slightly off their rocker and have entitlement issues, and some dark comedy.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
:mjlol: what happened in here. Complete meltdown by guess who. @Prince-Vegeta you wanna finish him off?

I agree, buddy did meltdown when everything in here was peaceful. :ehh:

For once we agree with something. I’m trynna move on but if yall want to continue to derail the thread. It’s not on me.:hubie:

Glad to hear the reviews are good. Not surprised Phoenix, did a great job and looks forward to this movie like everyone else.

Since we tagging folks @wire28 @jayshiggs @Lootpack @Norrin Radd @BXKingPin82 any positive thing y’all want to say about this film?

Or @The Devil's Advocate do YOU wanna finish him off again?:sas2:

#chill

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam

War Dogs felt like a test run for Phillips to prove he could do something more serious besides comedy and we saw Adam McKay make this jump in recent years too. :manny:

here’s the real question: if this movie takes off the way it looks like it may, how long before WB gives Phoenix the brinks truck to entice him to play joker for a longer period of time?
Doesn't matter, Phoenix won't do another one. That's a guarantee.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
I could definitely see it happening. This doesn’t seem like the type of movie that needs a sequel though.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
War Dogs felt like a test run for Phillips to prove he could do something more serious besides comedy and we saw Adam McKay make this jump in recent years too. :manny:

Doesn't matter, Phoenix won't do another one. That's a guarantee.
Agreed on both. War dogs is underrated. And I know he wouldn’t do it but the question was about them throwing money at him lol. Which they’ll do. No doubt. And every person does have their price, as Jay-Z has shown us the past few weeks

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
It’s started

It doesn't help that a woman from TIME already used words like "problematic" when she probably didn't understand the message. That's a flag for crazy people but you know what it's also a flag for? Trolling..

When someone says "this is my Black Panther" it gets to the point where you're unsure of where the trolling begins and ends and what's real.

Most likely the person who wrote that hasn't see the movie. It's only had a press screening and played in Venice thus far.

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
The desperation :mjlol: .... I doubt any of them really want to come :cape: for you. They realize when it's simply not worth it.

Says the guy that got desperate FIRST...... :heh:

Calling on a guy that admittedly was in prison and used to get raped.:picard:

Unlike you, though, I dont need a :cape:and I ignore yours so I'm Gucci. Are you done with the instigating, escalating, and derailing? We trynna talk about the movie:smugdraper:

#chill

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
It doesn't help that a woman from TIME already used words like "problematic" when she probably didn't understand the message. That's a flag for crazy people but you know what it's also a flag for? Trolling..

When someone says "this is my Black Panther" it gets to the point where you're unsure of where the trolling begins and ends and what's real.

Most likely the person who wrote that hasn't see the movie. It's only had a press screening and played in Venice thus far.
Homie, any movie in this era that stars a person the incel community can ID with on any level will be considered problematic. The message can be understood by one or most but that community will take the wrong lesson from it.

Look how many boneheads think fight club is saying Tyler durden is someone worth idolizing. The movie is saying he isn’t but that’s the problem with art being subjective. So that community was always going to take the wrong lessons from this movie and there’s nothing wrong with a critic, or anyone for that matter, pointing that out. Especially if the movie doesn’t give easy answers or neat and tidy solutions. That’s art tho

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
It’s started

:russ:

People are going to get ridiculous. I really hope social media dont get too crazy as we get closer to the release of this movie. shyt like that may discourage some actors from even making this type of movie due to silly backlash.

Has the run time for this movie been released yet? Feels like its going to be a quick movie based off the scenes they've shown.