Official JOKER Thread (SPOILERS)

DlAMONDZ

That pu$$y got me grinning
Daps
Reppin
Cali
here’s the real question: if this movie takes off the way it looks like it may, how long before WB gives Phoenix the brinks truck to entice him to play joker for a longer period of time?
As soon as they get the numbers

No way they don't try to connect this with Reeves Batman

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
hope when there’s evidence your hope is merited. Hoping when all the evidence points in the opposite direction isn’t the move, homie. There’s always going to be some constraints there. Ryan was able to make something incredible within those constraints. Nolan and possibly Phillips didn’t have to worry about those restrictions.
Obviously won't go wild. However, my request is simple. Just make it seem grounded and have a visual aesthetic similar to Creed. i.e don't include the Marvel-isms.
Dam not going to lie some of these feedbacks have me absolutely shocked. I think a lot of people’s were overlooking this movie. Jared Leto must be pissed as I bet this was the kind of joker he was after and not the shyt they slapped him with.
Yea coming off an oscar win...this was the type of Joker role Leto probably wanted. Would have never guessed Todd Phillips would help deliver a better Joker than David Ayer a few years ago.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Obviously won't go wild. However, my request is simple. Just make it seem grounded and have a visual aesthetic similar to Creed. i.e don't include the Marvel-isms.

Yea coming off an oscar win...this was the type of Joker role Leto probably wanted. Would have never guessed Todd Phillips would help deliver a better Joker than David Ayer a few years ago.
So your simple request involves the movie being made at another studio lol. Not. Gonna. Happen. It is what it is man.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
giphy.gif

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Joker Producer Says She "Literally Can't Watch" Comic Book Movies

After press screenings and the film's world premiere at the Venice Film Festival earlier today, the buzz surrounding DC Comics' Batman spinoff Joker is starting to get bigger and bigger. Reactions indicate that the movie's unflinching portrayal of violence combined with star Joaquin Phoenix's unique approach as the man who would become the Clown Prince of Crime all create an epic comic book movie unlike anything else in the genre. And that might be by design, as Jokerproducer Emma Tillinger Koskoff admitted that she's not a huge fan of comic book movies in general.

Koskoff spoke with the Associated Press about Joker ahead of its premiere in October, explaining that typical comic book films are not her preference in cinema.

"It’s not my preferred genre, the comic book genre," Koskoff said. "I literally can’t watch those movies. I try but I can’t. I should but I can’t. But I love this movie. Even if I didn’t work on this movie I would love this movie."

Joker does seem unlike most other comic movies with its approach as a character study as opposed to a series of events. Even actor Marc Maron came under fire for his claim that superhero films are made for "nerd childs" last week.

"I have some issues with [comic book movies] and I generally don't like them," Maron said on Conan. "I don't wanna be bullied into seeing those movies. I'm a grown-up, I'm not seven, and I think those movies are for grown, male nerd childs."

After getting boos from the audience on the talk show, Maron said explained that he doesn't enjoy those movies and that their popularity prevents him easier access from films he actually likes.

"Now I gotta go travel 15-20 minutes to a smaller movie theater to see a grown-up movie with other grown-ups where we can all sit together and not understand the ending?" Baron joked.. "That's part of the experience. Where you walk out and you're like, 'I don't know, did the guy die? It's not clear.' That's the kind of movie I enjoy. I'm not gonna be bullied by grown, nerd men. I just don't go see them, I'm not interested. Maybe I overdid it a little bit."
:russ:

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA

What’s sick about this that it perpetrates its own hate cycle. If the movie ends up a big success it justifies their disdain as if the movie was made in response to them.

Plus most incels aren’t mentally ill. They’re just dudes with a-hole personalities. But since everything has to have a medical diagnose....