Official John Wick (Keanu Reaves) Thread

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
Saw it last night it was alright to me. The gun play violence kind of reminded me of Replacement Killers. I would be up for a sequel if one came out for it.

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It was cool. Good action, nothing that memorable or intense, but it was entertaining. I liked the villains and I liked the main russian dude especially, which is why I didn't like how John Wick went after him at the end, it didn't really make sense to me that he'd be that mad he killed the sniper who betrayed and tried to kill him. I was hoping they'd do something different for an action movie and have that guy just get away.

The world of the movie with the coins and hotel was cool.

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I DIDN'T UNDERSTAND those sonic coins but it was a good movie.

Although to kill people over a car and a dawggie is a big ass reach IMO

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I DIDN'T UNDERSTAND those sonic coins but it was a good movie.

Although to kill people over a car and a dawggie is a big ass reach IMO

Breh, you do realize it had nothing to do with the dog as much as it was more about what the dog represents. He said it in the movie: the dog represented his chance to not mourn his wife by himself. Dude was broken and that dog was a last gift from his wife and he didn't have to feel so lonely and felt like there could be a part of his wife left for him to grow with

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Breh, you do realize it had nothing to do with the dog as much as it was more about what the dog represents. He said it in the movie: the dog represented his chance to not mourn his wife by himself. Dude was broken and that dog was a last gift from his wife and he didn't have to feel so lonely and felt like there could be a part of his wife left for him to grow with

i get that, but at the end he breaks into the kennel and steals another one.

I thought they would've killed his wife, even though it's cliche as hell it makes sense to me.

Also he got the brotha murked he could'ce atleast been informed and been sorry for what he did. :mjcry:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

I thought they would've killed his wife, even though it's cliche as hell it makes sense to me.

Also he got the brotha murked he could'ce atleast been informed and been sorry for what he did. :mjcry:

He just wanted to have someone to mourn with breh. When you lose someone you care about, it helps to not feel like you're by yourself and seeing as how he wasn't in the most stable mindset, it doesn't surprise me he reacted the way he did. I mean you're a contract killer, some punks break into your nice ass house, steal your car, and kill your dog that your dead wife gave you, you going to react calmly and not use your skills to your advantage?

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
That scene in the beginning with the cop responding to a "noise complaint" :dead:
Dude was like, "I'll leave you to it"
tZOS8.gif

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
It was good but it wasn't that good. I felt at times they should've sat at the table and took a more critical look at the screenplay. It does a lot of stuff I loved (the intricacies of the criminal underworld, the reactions to John Wick re-entering that scene) and it kept exposition to a minimum. The friendship between John and Marcus being caught in the simple moment that he's the only one who showed up at his wife's funeral, and the value of the coins is never explained but you understand their importance because every party/group uses them as currency.

On the other hand you've got a three act movie that quite unnecessarily has a fourth act so it can go through a checklist of characters who still have to die before the movie can end, and absolutely zero development on John and his dog. They cared so little about that shyt they killed the damn dog off before he even got to give him a name. :dead:

What really caught me by surprise though, even more so than it already did in the trailer, is how well the action was shot. Nowadays I'm already happy when there's no shaky cam/quick cut bullshyt fukking up my action, but the action scenes were really thought out. The assault on John's house has some of the best action cinematography I've seen in a while, like the absolute refusal to cut in a one-on-one fight. John was wrestling dudes down for 30 seconds trying to get the upperhand and every time it felt like an actual struggle of two trained killers.

So while it's not perfect, I do think it ended up a perfect vehicle for all parties involved. You have a former stuntman/first time director and B-movie writer who got more props than a lot of established film makers, and allowed Reeves to have a simple but super effective comeback from megaflop 47 Ronin.

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
It was good but it wasn't that good. I felt at times they should've sat at the table and took a more critical look at the screenplay. It does a lot of stuff I loved (the intricacies of the criminal underworld, the reactions to John Wick re-entering that scene) and it kept exposition to a minimum. The friendship between John and Marcus being caught in the simple moment that he's the only one who showed up at his wife's funeral, and the value of the coins is never explained but you understand their importance because every party/group uses them as currency.

On the other hand you've got a three act movie that quite unnecessarily has a fourth act so it can go through a checklist of characters who still have to die before the movie can end, and absolutely zero development on John and his dog. They cared so little about that shyt they killed the damn dog off before he even got to give him a name. :dead:

What really caught me by surprise though, even more so than it already did in the trailer, is how well the action was shot. Nowadays I'm already happy when there's no shaky cam/quick cut bullshyt fukking up my action, but the action scenes were really thought out. The assault on John's house has some of the best action cinematography I've seen in a while, like the absolute refusal to cut in a one-on-one fight. John was wrestling dudes down for 30 seconds trying to get the upperhand and every time it felt like an actual struggle of two trained killers.

So while it's not perfect, I do think it ended up a perfect vehicle for all parties involved. You have a former stuntman/first time director and B-movie writer who got more props than a lot of established film makers, and allowed Reeves to have a simple but super effective comeback from megaflop 47 Ronin.
Spot on...especially with respect to the fight scenes. I thought I was the only one who couldn't stand how you never truly see what is actually going on between combatants in most of these action flicks. Plus like you said, it's wasn't entirely "pretty" in the sense of a choreographed fight, (i.e. the struggle to kill the last assassin in John's house with the knife) that sense of a real scuffle occurring was entertaining to see.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

He got another dog that was a reflection of himself, that was brutal and caged and needed to be unleashed. It was a catharsis moment for him. He was ready to let go.

Bruce Wayne

THE GODDAMN BILLIONAIRE
Daps
Reppin
Gotham City
Lost Count of the Amount of Close Range Headshots this Guy delivered after his Trifle in his House when The Hit was put out on him. I can Understand good old fashioned revenge but :whew: Wick had Ratchets for Days. Story was a Little Lackluster but this Movie was Watchable for the Action.

2.5 out of 5 Stars I say.

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
just saw it today

3 mics

the dog was so freaking cute! like oh my gosh....the movie had a weak plot but that was ok with me going into a keeanu reeves movie. the headshots were probably some of the best i've seen. its just one long ass shooting movie felt like a video game at times. keenu was shooting better than steph curry in the zone then when it comes to killing theon grayjoy he can't hit the side of a barn. :mindblown:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
i enjoyed it.
i'm usually not a huge fan of action films for some reason but this was enjoyable

i'm a sucker for dogs so the killing scene and then the ending both broke and warmed a brehs heart :to:

i thought the marilyn manson song was dope and i don't even listen to that kind of music

and the gold coins were really dope too and i enjoyed the world the movie created as well