Official John Wick (Keanu Reaves) Thread

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
i enjoyed it.
i'm usually not a huge fan of action films for some reason but this was enjoyable

i'm a sucker for dogs so the killing scene and then the ending both broke and warmed a brehs heart :to:

i thought the marilyn manson song was dope and i don't even listen to that kind of music

and the gold coins were really dope too and i enjoyed the world the movie created as well

:wow:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
the song is actually a lot better in the context of the movie

i listened to it in the whip and it freaked me out and made me think of those school shooter dudes :scust:

The Marilyn Manson song? I gotta rewatch it because I honestly didn't notice it. I was just happy you liked it breh.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
:damn:
Damn friends. This was great. I wasn't expecting anything like this. I've never seen so many headshots. No wasted movement or ammo. Such accuracy.:banderas:

Best action movie I've seen since The Raid 2, and the best American action flick in a long time. Good story too. I saw the trailer and thought "a dog? ALL this over a dog?" But in the movie in makes so much sense. The dogs were awesome too! I want a dog so bad.

Anyways, I shyt on American action flicks a lot for not knowing how to direct action. I love that they had the camera far back enough to let the action breathe and show you what's going on. Much respect to Keanu for doing his own stunts, learning the martial arts, tactical shooting, etc. Also, as someone that does Judo and Jiu-Jitsu and has been dying to see it used more in movies, I kept saying, "THIS is how you can effectively show grappling in fight scenes."

Can't complain at all. I bought into the unique underworld they created, with the hotel, the rules, the gold coins, etc. Lots of great cameos (2 guys from the Wire also), good performances all around.

4.5/5. best American action flick in a long time. best Keanu flick since The Matrix, and honestly the fight scenes and shootouts IMO were better, but I like more realistic fighting and less Kung Fu.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Damn friends. This was great. I wasn't expecting anything like this. I've never seen so many headshots. No wasted movement or ammo. Such accuracy.:banderas:

Best action movie I've seen since The Raid 2, and the best American action flick in a long time. Good story too. I saw the trailer and thought "a dog? ALL this over a dog?" But in the movie in makes so much sense. The dogs were awesome too! I want a dog so bad.

Anyways, I shyt on American action flicks a lot for not knowing how to direct action. I love that they had the camera far back enough to let the action breathe and show you what's going on. Much respect to Keanu for doing his own stunts, learning the martial arts, tactical shooting, etc. Also, as someone that does Judo and Jiu-Jitsu and has been dying to see it used more in movies, I kept saying, "THIS is how you can effectively show grappling in fight scenes."

Can't complain at all. I bought into the unique underworld they created, with the hotel, the rules, the gold coins, etc. Lots of great cameos (2 guys from the Wire also), good performances all around.

4.5/5. best American action flick in a long time. best Keanu flick since The Matrix, and honestly the fight scenes and shootouts IMO were better, but I like more realistic fighting and less Kung Fu.
yeah, there was so much jujitsu going on, had me like :banderas:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

I been preaching about the movie for months. I'm glad everyone is on the train with me. Can't wait for the sequel

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu

Breh, when the chick in the hotel bit her jacket to hold it, took his back, and used it like a gi choke (loop choke style) that shyt had me like :mjcry:

She did a crucifix too. Keanu hit some nice Judo throws in the club fight. All around great stuff. I still really want to see a darce/brabo choke in a fight scene one day. That's all I ask.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Breh, when the chick in the hotel bit her jacket to hold it, took his back, and used it like a gi choke (loop choke style) that shyt had me like :mjcry:

She did a crucifix too. Keanu hit some nice Judo throws in the club fight. All around great stuff. I still really want to see a darce/brabo choke in a fight scene one day. That's all I ask.

Let's talk about how dope Ian McShane is in it and how he just made moves effortlessly and had people taken out

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps

there were a few arm bars in there too

I noticed the MMA fighter Tait Fletcher was a random goon in the movie, so I bet he was helping with the jujitsu and stuff

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
there were a few arm bars in there too

I noticed the MMA fighter Tait Fletcher was a random goon in the movie, so I bet he was helping with the jujitsu and stuff
I think so too. I listened to him on the Joe Rogan podcast this past year and apparently he's doing a lot of stunt work. he was one of the Nazis in breaking Bad and also one of the goons in The Equalizer, and I know he's done more than that I think. I couldn't tell if that was him in John Wick, but I saw the mustache and figured maybe it was. That's cool to know it was actually him.