Official "Invincible" TV Series Thread (NO COMIC SPOILERS)

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
@hex here too

Need some clear cut rules for comic readers when it comes to those of us who haven't read the comics and are watching for the first time cause this ain't cool.

These negroes don't even have enough regard to at least spoiler what they're saying

He put it in a spoiler tag, officer. Jesus Christ.

So that is robot secret cool

I do have kind of a request/suggestion about spoilers.
If there are comic book spoilers, I suggest putting in a description saying that is a COMIC spoiler rather than a show spoiler? Sometimes people (me included) spoiler tag info from the show that just aired in order to give others at least a week to watch it. The problem is, I saw a "Spoiler" tag last week that was totally out of context, and because of it this thread spoiled Robot's identity for me a week ago.
:mjcry:
If I had known it was a comic spoiler and not just a spoiler from last weeks episode, I would not have clicked on it. So, at least mark comic spoilers as comic spoilers.

I just googled "invincible guardians" and got massively spoiled

what the fukk :dead:
Reminds me of he time I made the mistake of googling "Black Noir powers" during the first season of The Boys :why:.
DON'T do that
:troll:
Early on in the new episode, I’m seeing payoffs coming for a lot of these plot threads and I’m enjoying it so far :ehh:

I think its great that last week the "sewer cyborgs" seemed like "monster of the week" filler, then they came back as part of the plot this week. Though I didn't occur to me until just now that in the show's timeline Cecil just captured that guy ONE DAY EARLIER and already had Cyborg Super Soldiers ready to go.:jbhmm:.

A lot of people are comparing this to Dragon Ball Z. I do see that, but I did not see anyone at all mention the comparisons to AKIRA

FoolhardyUnimportantIrrawaddydolphin-size_restricted.gif

Some things in this show remind me of Akira, and its closest American version...Chronicle.

gldnone913

Integrity and Consistency
Daps
Reppin
VA
Smh that fukking Kaiju was whipping Nolan's ass until Mark stepped in. Rampant spoilers throughout the tread....I'll just say I'm looking forward to the next episode. Immortal going out like a hoe, but he's not really a hoe. Hate to see it

Daps
I do have kind of a request/suggestion about spoilers.
If there are comic book spoilers, I suggest putting in a description saying that is a COMIC spoiler rather than a show spoiler? Sometimes people (me included) spoiler tag info from the show that just aired in order to give others at least a week to watch it. The problem is, I saw a "Spoiler" tag last week that was totally out of context, and because of it this thread spoiled Robot's identity for me a week ago.
:mjcry:
If I had known it was a comic spoiler and not just a spoiler from last weeks episode, I would not have clicked on it. So, at least mark comic spoilers as comic spoilers.

Reminds me of he time I made the mistake of googling "Black Noir powers" during the first season of The Boys :why:.
DON'T do that
:troll:

I agree. @hex ? :jbhmm:

OVER

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
A few other thoughts.

• After the last episode The Guardians Of The Globe deserve their props for being able to do this to Omni Man
    Omni-Man-Invincible-Amazon-Guardians-1.png
  • If Red Rush, Dark Wing, and The Fish Guy would've fought on the outside as support and Green Ghost got in the fight they probably could've won.
  • Atom Eve woke up beat up, maybe it was from a prior unseen fight but I was thinking it was from her sleeping in her treehouse bed, like she has a similar powerset as Scarlet Witch so does she really make things into being or do they just look like another thing while remaining the same. In WandaVision they had a scene where they tested a character's clothing that were transformed to fit the world that was created the clothes originally being Kevlar were still identified as Kevlar. So while it appears she's sleeping on a mattress in reality she's getting rough sleep from sleeping in a hard ass tree.
  • I think Nolan is the best "evil" Superman. While I love Homelander and find him fascinating and terrifying, I feel like he would be polarizing like 75% of people would either dislike him or suspect he's full of shyt especially with HL's politics. While thanks to JK Simmons voice Omni Man gives off this wise, fatherly vibe even knowing he's detached from the same people he saves and that he looks down on others for being weak and he's shown be manipulative in order to keep up his lies. He still gives off the impression of respectability and fairness in battle for you to root for him. Despite knowing what he has done.
  • I like The Mauler Twins they seemed kind of dumb but other than being genius's there is a level integrity with them. When they broke out of their prison they apologized to the guard before assaulting him and even with Robot while initially being grossed out by his appearance they came to be honest and professional and even sympathize with him.
  • Robot just strolled in as a 13 year old version of Rex just to get at Monster girl and admitted it to the team:mjlol: This probably the first episode Rex was in the right, let's also not overlook that Rex put together that Nolan bodied The Guardians either.

Daps
A few other thoughts.

• After the last episode The Guardians Of The Globe deserve their props for being able to do this to Omni Man
    Omni-Man-Invincible-Amazon-Guardians-1.png
  • If Red Rush, Dark Wing, and The Fish Guy would've fought on the outside as support and Green Ghost got in the fight they probably could've won.
  • Atom Eve woke up beat up, maybe it was from a prior unseen fight but I was thinking it was from her sleeping in her treehouse bed, like she has a similar powerset as Scarlet Witch so does she really make things into being or do they just look like another thing while remaining the same. In WandaVision they had a scene where they tested a character's clothing that were transformed to fit the world that was created the clothes originally being Kevlar were still identified as Kevlar. So while it appears she's sleeping on a mattress in reality she's getting rough sleep from sleeping in a hard ass tree.
  • I think Nolan is the best "evil" Superman. While I love Homelander and find him fascinating and terrifying, I feel like he would be polarizing like 75% of people would either dislike him or suspect he's full of shyt especially with HL's politics. While thanks to JK Simmons voice Omni Man gives off this wise, fatherly vibe even knowing he's detached from the same people he saves and that he looks down on others for being weak and he's shown be manipulative in order to keep up his lies. He still gives off the impression of respectability and fairness in battle for you to root for him. Despite knowing what he has done.
  • I like The Mauler Twins they seemed kind of dumb but other than being genius's there is a level integrity with them. When they broke out of their prison they apologized to the guard before assaulting him and even with Robot while initially being grossed out by his appearance they came to be honest and professional and even sympathize with him.
  • Robot just strolled in as a 13 year old version of Rex just to get at Monster girl and admitted it to the team:mjlol: This probably the first episode Rex was in the right, let's also not overlook that Rex put together that Nolan bodied The Guardians either.

I watched that episode again last night and Red Rush was doing the right thing at first, staying on the outside and keeping Omni man from being able to tag anybody. He should have kept doing that.

Eventually Omni Man would have been able to catch up with him but more than likely someone would have been on his bumper bashing him on the head before he could take Red Rush out

OVER

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
the only thing is I have to wonder if he allowed them to have a fighting chance in order to sell his story that they were all attacked
shyt, I thought that too a first but I think he really just underestimated them. Before shyt hit the fan he was trying to sell the idea of Damian Darkblood somehow being able to kill The Guardians and injure him.

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Bruh I would advise all bruhs who havent read the comic and are watching the series blind like me and many others, TO NOT GOOGLE shyt ABOUT THIS SERIES OR ITS CHARACTERS!!

I googled some shyt about Robot to get more info on his backstory and spoiled a whole character arc and storyline for myself :damn: :snoop:
Google can definitely be your enemy at the wrong time. I found out what happens to Omni Man by accident :snoop: I just closed the tab before learning anymore.

Daps
Google can definitely be your enemy at the wrong time. I found out what happens to Omni Man by accident :snoop: I just closed the tab before learning anymore.

:mjlol: yall stupid

I refuse to type this show into Google cause I know how the internet works.

I didn't even type in Google to find out when the episodes air cause I knew there would be spoilers:russ:

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
He put it in a spoiler tag, officer. Jesus Christ.
What’s up with people in the film room acting like spoilers aren’t a big deal all of a sudden? It’s not hard to spoiler tag shyt on the initial post. Y’all lucky I’m not a mod I’d start permabanning people from this sub forum for it, people have been banned for much less than that.

Daps
What’s up with people in the film room acting like spoilers aren’t a big deal all of a sudden? It’s not hard to spoiler tag shyt on the initial post. Y’all lucky I’m not a mod I’d start permabanning people from this sub forum for it, people have been banned for much less than that.

Funny thing is dude did NOT even put it in the spoiler tag. I spoilered it when I quoted it so nobody else would get spoiled.

Mr Clean

Superstar
Daps
:mjlol: yall stupid

I refuse to type this show into Google cause I know how the internet works.

I didn't even type in Google to find out when the episodes air cause I knew there would be spoilers:russ:

Man I was playing Red Dead Redemption 2 and there's one level near the beginning of the game where you're doing something with John. I type where's John in this mission in google. fukking google gives me a wall of spoilers with the frequently asked questions which are all spoilers and the first page is all articles that are spoilers :why:

I don't search for shyt no more