Official "Invincible" TV Series Thread (NO COMIC SPOILERS)

Cartier Murphy

Apathy’s a Tragedy & Boredom is a Crime
Daps
I loved how Nolan's goal was to reach Mark simply so he could tell Mark he killed the Gaurdians in a way that would make him seem like less of a monster only to violently kill a reincarnated Immortal and show Mark who he really is.
The Mauler Twins really unexpectedly threw a wrench in his plan and bailed Cecil (and by extension humanity I guess) out big time because they threw everything at Nolan and it wasn’t working.

OVER

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
The Mauler Twins really unexpectedly threw a wrench in his plan and bailed Cyril (and by extension humanity I guess) out big time because they threw everything at Nolan and it wasn’t working.
Yeah, The Mauler Twins were impressive this episode. The government need to just pardon them and employ them.

hostsamurai

Demon King Of Salvation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
That was the best 50 minutes of television I've seen all year. The goals of the various groups were simple: find Mark.

But the execution and stakes involved was just brilliant storytelling.

Rexplode is one of my favourite characters after this episode there's a magical quality to his a$$holery that just hit me this episode.

Think about how OP Nolan is and he doesn't even have ice breath or heat vision. :wow:

I don't see how Cecil thinks Mark can kill Nolan unless Cecil is hiding a hyperbaric time chamber to develop his powers and even then Nolan has decades of experience and is a seasoned killer.:picard:

Mark isn't. shyt, Mark was raised as a human so the idea he could muster the will to kill his Dad is crazy.

I don't know why I'm getting Invasion of Pain vibes from this episode.

Last edited:
Daps
That was the best 50 minutes of television I've seen all year so far. The goals of the various groups were simple: find Mark.

But the execution and stakes involved was just brilliant storytelling.

Rexplode is one of my favourite characters after this episode there's a magical quality to his a$$holery that just hit me this episode.

Think about how OP Nolan is and he doesn't even have ice breath or heat vision. :wow:

I don't see how Cecil thinks Mark can kill Nolan unless Cecil is hiding a hyperbaric time chamber to develop his powers and even then Nolan has decades of experience and is a seasoned killer.:picard:

Mark isn't. shyt, Mark was raised as a human so the idea he could muster the will to kill his Dad is crazy.

I don't know why I'm getting Invasion of Pain vibes from this episode.

Mark has the potential to black out and see red and go deep in his bag.

They foreshadowed it in 2 episodes i think.

What Cecil needs to do is be a REAL scumbag and transport Mark's mom there to be the voice of reason.

When Mark starts listening to his mom over his dad, dad is gonna get frustrated and lose it and turn his anger on mom.

If something happens to mom, it's gonna be a Krillin/Android 16 moment for Mark and he's either going SSJ or SSJ2.

hostsamurai

Demon King Of Salvation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London

What Cecil needs to do is be a REAL scumbag and transport Mark's mom there to be the voice of reason.

When Mark starts listening to his mom over his dad, dad is gonna get frustrated and lose it and turn his anger on mom.

If something happens to mom, it's gonna be a Krillin/Android 16 moment for Mark and he's either going SSJ or SSJ2.

I'm on like issue #7 where we meet the guardians in the comics can you ball park the issue where this episode is adapted from?

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
@hex here too

Need some clear cut rules for comic readers when it comes to those of us who haven't read the comics and are watching for the first time cause this ain't cool.

These negroes don't even have enough regard to at least spoiler what they're saying
Wtf did I spoiled. I said this is different from the comic. Even if I did explain what I was talking about, it wouldnt matter. Things are so different by this point in the story that its going to be difficult to spoil anything. The writers are combining multiple storylines, abandoning others and fleshing out the ones that need it.

Case in point, Amber. She was a stupid white girl in the comics. She had an actual personality on the show and has a sense of self respect. She was such a stupid bytch that Mark's friends would laugh at him.

Daps
Wtf did I spoiled. I said this is different from the comic. Even if I did explain what I was talking about, it wouldnt matter. Things are so different by this point in the story that its going to be difficult to spoil anything. The writers are combining multiple storylines, abandoning others and fleshing out the ones that need it.

Case in point, Amber. She was a stupid white girl in the comics. She had an actual personality on the show and has a sense of self respect. She was such a stupid bytch that Mark's friends would laugh at him.

Breh when yall get to talking about comics, then yall starting a whole comic discussion in a thread about the show when yall already got a sense of what's gonna happen when us show watchers don't.

Why don't yall create a comic thread specifically for that so that yall can discuss the comics to your hearts desire?

You don't have to do that in here. You say one thing that you don't think is a spoiler, then someone responds to you and says something he doesn't think is a spoiler. Truth is both of yall pushing spoilers.

No beef just asking for some consideration here

Cartier Murphy

Apathy’s a Tragedy & Boredom is a Crime
Daps

I actually see this happening in the next episode possibly because I think it would’ve happened in this one if Cecil didn’t keep getting fouled up. Because if they got to him first I have no doubts he would’ve dropped her there to explain everything and act as the voice of reason even if it put her in harms way, because sacrifices would have to be made and they’ve demonstrated that Cecil is willing to do what’s necessary even if it comes with a price.

Daps
I actually see this happening in the next episode possibly because I think it would’ve happened in this one if Cecil didn’t keep getting fouled up. Because if they got to him first I have no doubts he would’ve dropped her there to explain everything and act as the voice of reason even if it put her in harms way, because sacrifices would have to be made and they’ve demonstrated that Cecil is willing to do what’s necessary even if it comes with a price.

Cecil a real nikka :wow:

Lex Luthor and Amanda Waller aint got nothing on this dude :whew:

Mans spent 5 months straight reviewing Omni man and Invincible fight footage like ":jbhmm: that one right there gave him some problems"

Then he repurposed, reanimated and resurrected whoever he needed to in order to get the job done

Crazy thing is if the androids or the monster had took Omni man down, then who was gonna stop them after that? :what::merchant:

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Woah, there are 147 issues. :ohhh:

There's no way this is getting a full adaptation at an 8 episode season order. :francis:

Or does the pace speed up later in the run? :patrice:

If they can cover 3 issues an episode the entire run can be covered in 6 seasons.
Probably will try to get rid of filler. So much to cover though