Official "Invincible" TV Series Thread (NO COMIC SPOILERS)

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
when you brehs say this, do you mean the art style, or how the characters move? cuz after watching the Atom Eve show, the characters move fluidly, especially in fight scenes.

and you cant compare anime budget to an american animated show budget. them japanese mufukas aint paying they artist shyt or their voice actors shyt and 90% of them shows have shytty stories. this show has top tier voice actors and people getting paid and not sleeping in they art cubicles, and getting sick from overwork. personally i'd rather them bush the voice actors, and dump more into the artistic side, but the show moves fluidlly and doesnt have a bunch of shots that are being recycled

I mean, most TV has shytty writing or stories. Is that 10% (or whatever % one would like to give it) you are mentioning that ends up being memorable and worth discussing. Anime is pretty much the same.

Invincible's animation is OK. And yes, fluidity of movement is a big part of it. Season 1 had some dope action sequences that you could tell had much more effort put into them than most of an episode. I expected that kind of care for the whole duration of eps, not just action :yeshrug:

I peeped the new Atom Eve special and the animation felt like a noticeable improvement upon the first season.

But this is also coming from someone who wasn’t all that pressed about it in the first place. Something about the style in general takes me back to the 2000s DCAU days. I would be complaining if the shyt looked low-effort bad like Johnny Test, but it’s far from that.

That's my biggest issue with it. I've seen too much top notch animation from other places to be happy with just mid to late 2000s quality from a juggernaut like Amazon.

I mean, Netsflix has anime series that have good animation (they normally lack in other aspects though) so it's not like a it's impossible to pull it off, if Amazon can't make it in house, then give the money to a studio that can like Netflix does :manny: if Studio WIT can make something like Ranking of Kings look like modern version of old Disney animation and work flawlessly, then I'm pretty sure it's possible to improve on what you can do with Invincible.

They used most of the budget for voice actors.
Probably, and I don't like that kind of thing if it means it hurts what could be dope ass animation :francis:

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
If the scientist didn't block her powers from working on living creatures, would she be able to literally turn Omniman's body into Nerf foam?
She'd get blitz'd before any real damage could be done. No spoilers but this what prevents her from being overpowered by the end of the series. Its like Tien's Neo tri beam on Cell, or Piccolo special beam cannon...She gets out scaled by all the big bads to irrelevance, but if she get a proper set up, shyts over.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I enjoyed the Atom Eve special when I first watched it.
But it prompted me to re-watch the entire season from the start.
Then, when I finished the season and it started to re-play the special it was actually really tedious to get through. I think part of it is that the "stakes" are so much lower than where the show left off.

It's like going straight from "Akira in Neo-Chicago" to "random episodic pre-teen cartoon episode".