Official "Invincible" TV Series Thread (NO COMIC SPOILERS)

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Animation looks just as pedestrian as season 1 :why: like, doesn't look it had any improvement after 2+ years of preparation :smh:

:dahell:whats wrong with the animation

It's not horrible but it's just mediocre as fukk. If you watch anime, the style Invincible has is basically something out of the 2000's. Top anime studios make shyt look :whoo: with a third of the budget Amazon can give to the Invincible crew. I expect some top notch shyt for a series that has the potential to be huge if treated correctly, not Cartoon Network/Adult Swim level from 15 years ago

Last edited:

Turk

Young, Gifted, and Black
Daps
Reppin
Southside
Animation looks such as pedestrian as season 1 :why: like, doesn't look it had any improvement after 2+ years of preparation :smh:

It's not horrible but it's just mediocre as fukk. If you watch anime, the style Invincible has is basically something out of the 2000's. Top anime studios make shyt look :whoo: with a third of the budget Amazon can give to the Invincible crew. I expect some top notch shyt for a series that has the potential to be huge if treated correctly, not Cartoon Network/Adult Swim level from 15 years ago

I agree with you. 2+ years for the same basic ass animation? :gucci:

I was expecting more and on top of that the season ain't even that long smh :snoop:

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
Animation looks just as pedestrian as season 1 :why: like, doesn't look it had any improvement after 2+ years of preparation :smh:

when you brehs say this, do you mean the art style, or how the characters move? cuz after watching the Atom Eve show, the characters move fluidly, especially in fight scenes.

and you cant compare anime budget to an american animated show budget. them japanese mufukas aint paying they artist shyt or their voice actors shyt and 90% of them shows have shytty stories. this show has top tier voice actors and people getting paid and not sleeping in they art cubicles, and getting sick from overwork. personally i'd rather them bush the voice actors, and dump more into the artistic side, but the show moves fluidlly and doesnt have a bunch of shots that are being recycled

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
I peeped the new Atom Eve special and the animation felt like a noticeable improvement upon the first season.

Especially that bridge sequence. :whoo:

But this is also coming from someone who wasn’t all that pressed about it in the first place. Something about the style in general takes me back to the 2000s DCAU days. I would be complaining if the shyt looked low-effort bad like Johnny Test, but it’s far from that.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
it’s hard to even muster up any kind of excitement for this with the ridiculous delay(s)…I’m sure it’ll be a good watch when it drops tho…it’s just entirely disappointing how this has been handled and now I’m seeing the new seasons are 4 eps each lol

*edit*

I misread it…the 2nd season will be broken into 2 parts…4 eps with the first ep airing on 11/3 and then the next 4 eps are set to air in “early 2024”

Last edited:

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
when you brehs say this, do you mean the art style, or how the characters move? cuz after watching the Atom Eve show, the characters move fluidly, especially in fight scenes.

and you cant compare anime budget to an american animated show budget. them japanese mufukas aint paying they artist shyt or their voice actors shyt and 90% of them shows have shytty stories. this show has top tier voice actors and people getting paid and not sleeping in they art cubicles, and getting sick from overwork. personally i'd rather them bush the voice actors, and dump more into the artistic side, but the show moves fluidlly and doesnt have a bunch of shots that are being recycled
:what:

Piff Tannen

Superstar
Daps
it’s hard to even muster up any kind of excitement for this with the ridiculous delay(s)…I’m sure it’ll be a good watch when it drops tho…it’s just entirely disappointing how this has been handled and now I’m seeing the new seasons are 4 eps each lol

What :hhh::snoop:

dfresh

Pro
Daps

They used most of the budget for voice actors.