Official "Invincible" TV Series Thread (NO COMIC SPOILERS)

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Just finished the first season

Cool show but this is blatantly the story of Kal-el coming to earth mixed with Goku's earth arrival and a splash of the saiyans...

Better domestic indie modern retelling of superman meets kakrot.

Art Barr

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Immortal was top dog on the OG guardians team but overall a distant second to Nolan. He never liked Nolan because of that.

Now, there's another Viltrumite who will eventually become stronger than Immortal and make him redundant... again.

nikka is wearing Vegeta colors for a reason :mjlol:

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
Boys = svu with super villains

It is in no way seeing the actual arguable best single story arc in a domestic indie comic.

Miss me with that garth vertigo bullshyt.

Art Barr
Yeah Invincible is definitely a better comic book series than the Boys. Honestly The Boys show is better than the comic Garth was going so extreme with the satire and violence the story falters.

Last edited:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
So i read on reddit he's one of the strongest beings in the universe yet Machinehead hired him like he's another grunt. It's like The Penguin hiring Black Adam to deal with some drug dealers

Facts

The story there apparently is that kirkman decided while he was writing that story that he just wanted to have more of a rogue gallery for Invincible because he had been focusing too much on mark, nolan and mark's friends, so he created some villains that were supposed to be throwaway villains.

Along the way he decided he liked battle beast enough to give him a bigger role later. He didn't originally plan for battlebeast to become as big a deal as he eventually became. Explains why such a big time character is just a grunt when we meet him.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Yeah Invincible is definitely a better comic book series than the Boys. Honestly The Boys show is better than the comic Garth was going so extreme with the satire and violence the story falters.

I completely disagree. Its true that the comic is quite crude, but the storytelling is much better in the comics than in the show. The boys are completely second fiddle to the seven to the point that you have no reason to give a damn about any of them. They removed motivation from all the boys except for hughie and the butcher has been completely defanged so far.

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
I completely disagree. Its true that the comic is quite crude, but the storytelling is much better in the comics than in the show. The boys are completely second fiddle to the seven to the point that you have no reason to give a damn about any of them. They removed motivation from all the boys except for hughie and the butcher has been completely defanged so far.
My one criticism on The Boys TV show is really the fact that they don't have superpowers.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County

From what I've heard butcher SHOULD be defanged :picard:

Invincible has been better just from a TV show to TV show standpoint tho for sure.

My one criticism on The Boys TV show is really the fact that they don't have superpowers.

Well, they do, but it was granted via compound V

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
From what I've heard butcher SHOULD be defanged :picard:

Invincible has been better just from a TV show to TV show standpoint tho for sure.

Well, they do, but it was granted via compound V
I meant the Boys (Butcher, Hughie, MM, Frenchie) not having the powers like the comics yet. I think they’ll get them in this season 3.