Official "Invincible" TV Series Thread (NO COMIC SPOILERS)

The Plug

plug couldnt trust you now u cant trust the plug
Daps
I enjoyed this show but I feel like some of yall are exaggerating how dope it is, the way nikkas hyped up the popeyes chicken sandwich. Ill give this thread props though, yall put me on to the show called "The Boys". I like that show more than this.
The Boys S1 > Invincible S1

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!

I think its easier to recommend "The Boys" and its hard to bring myself to recommend that grown people watch a cartoon.
But I really do believe that Invincible is a better show.

Homelander might be the best acted character between the two shows, though.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County

I think its easier to recommend "The Boys" and its hard to bring myself to recommend that grown people watch a cartoon.

To say The Boys is better is simply poor taste. And I like The Boys.

It's funny because even though Invincible is the cartoon, The Boys is a much more immature show.

The Plug

Daps
That's debatable.

The Boys is more silly, edgy, satirical whereas Invincible is more serious and compelling.
Invincible isn't more serious since half of it is a teenage drama.

To say The Boys is better is simply poor taste. And I like The Boys.

It's funny because even though Invincible is the cartoon, The Boys is a much more immature show.
They're both immature in their own way but it doesn't change my post. The first season of the boys is something you rarely see on TV and Invincible is very good but it's more typical since it wears its influences.

They're both really popular at this point and I wouldn't be surprised if Invincible eclipses Boys in popularity due to the tone, subject matter and recent memes.

CW_1991

Banned
Daps
Invincible isn't more serious since half of it is a teenage drama.

That's honestly a bias and shortsighted statement.

I could just as easily downplay the boys with and equally biased statement.

It's cool if you like one more than the other but, it is debatable which is "better". I personally believe Invincible has far more depth and nuance that compels the viewer than the boys which is more of a roller coaster ride that breaks barriers.

The Plug

Daps
That's honestly a bias and shortsighted statement.

I could just as easily downplay the boys with and equally biased statement.

It's cool if you like one more than the other but, it is debatable which is "better". I personally believe Invincible has far more depth and nuance that compels the viewer than the boys which is more of a roller coaster ride that breaks barriers.
That's not biased nor downplay, it's a fact because invincible (the character) was heavily influenced by Spider-Man who is also a teenage hero and had to manage the lifestyle of being a teenager while fighting crime. All of this is played out in invincible with his friend, school, work outside of superheroes, girlfriend and dating. That's teenage drama and multiple episodes of the 8 episode show are focused on that.

CW_1991

Banned
Daps
That's not biased nor downplay, it's a fact because invincible (the character) was heavily influenced by Spider-Man who is also a teenage hero and had to manage the lifestyle of being a teenager while fighting crime. All of this is played out in invincible with his friend, school, work outside of superheroes, girlfriend and dating. That's teenage drama and multiple episodes of the 8 episode show are focused on that.

All that had implications that were engaging and served the overall plot. What are you really trying to say?

The Plug

Daps
All that had implications that were engaging and served the overall plot. What are you really trying to say?
you can read the post I replied to. That isn't more serious than what was going on in the boys.