Official "Invincible" TV Series Thread (NO COMIC SPOILERS)

BROWARD

#thankyoukobe
Daps
Reppin
Florida Boy
bro I mentioned this to a friend of mine last night and he said the same thing

I think I must have accidentally had some narration feature turned on from the first episode and never knew it wasn’t default :dead:

that shyt legit ruined the show for me :mjlol:

:mindblown:

I still can’t believe this shyt happened, I was high as hell and it fit into a comic book narrative structure I figured but I absolutely HATED it lmao. I might have to rewatch this shyt now smh

I’m going to have to. I legit hated it (the narration) and was like wtf is going on. Put it on for 5 mins and see what I went through :mjlol:

I texted my boy during the first episode and he’s like I don’t really remember a narrator, he was like it must go away after the first episode :dead:

hit him back today and he was like yeah, I had no fukking idea what you were talking about :skip:

y9v.gif

BROWARD

#thankyoukobe
Daps
Reppin
Florida Boy
Or "Captain Luthor" from the new CW Superman show. This show makes me think Earth would be better off with some of the villains from other Superhero shows to help protect us.

:lolbron: "English [Audio Description]"

GLo5iIk.png

Turn that off
:ufdup:

Not sure if dude was trolling or not :snoop:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Just some examples, and it's not a big spoiler or anything, but it just gives you an idea how different the comic is.

In the comic William isn't gay, in fact he dates Eve at one point. Mark cracks a joke early on about william being gay and I guess they ran with it for the show.

Dude is gay in the comics too. He just "figures it out" when he's in college. There was a good amount of stuff that in the comics happens after the Omni Man confrontation that was showed before in the tv show, William was one of those too.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
Ok finished the show, I initially wasn’t going to watch this seeing as I had read and completed the comics years ago. What changed my mind was people comparing Omni-man to Homelander so I thought I should watch the show for clarity and boy oh boy did they change a few things. The novel is graphic in regards to fight scenes but it never really transferred over to civilians in the way the show showed. Omni-man fight with Mark never really got depicted the way the show showed it when people were just getting trashed by the after affect of the fight. Which brings me to my next point
Nolan’s redemption is going to be a lot harder of a sell than it was in the comics.

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
After turning it on on that audio feature, I can kind of see how you could be "fooled" into thinking its supposed to be there. And I can also see how annoying it gets.

Man worst shyt in the world

Ice Cold

King of Blades
Daps
Ok finished the show, I initially wasn’t going to watch this seeing as I had read and completed the comics years ago. What changed my mind was people comparing Omni-man to Homelander so I thought I should watch the show for clarity and boy oh boy did they change a few things. The novel is graphic in regards to fight scenes but it never really transferred over to civilians in the way the show showed. Omni-man fight with Mark never really got depicted the way the show showed it when people were just getting trashed by the after affect of the fight. Which brings me to my next point
Nolan’s redemption is going to be a lot harder of a sell than it was in the comics.
Agreed

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!

Spoiler told me a little more than I wanted to know. :snoop:
Didn't realize it would be a book spoiler...I should have known, though.

EARFQUAKE

🥰
Supporter
Daps
Glad I went into this show absolutely blind. I'm still going through this thread dapping people up and I'm typing this review up on my phone so I won't get into as much depth as I would like BUT

First Episode
20 seconds in I was already into it based on the animation and dialogue. It reminded me so much of Boondocks that I paused and told my brother he should watch the show.

Soon after I got Young Justice and Sky High vibes. Was a little :patrice:about some of the voice acting but thankfully I liked most of the cast so I was able to get past it.

I actually liked the GG characters like Red Rush, thought he was funny, Green Ghost, black photographer, and the fish dude. I even said I hope humans will be friends with him because he seems lonely and bored with the other fishes.

Didn't really know where the story was going, I sensed some awkward tension with Omniman but couldn't tell if it was just how he was or he was worried about Mark getting his powers or what.

BTW, the fact that some of yall call him Omni-mayn is just downright :mjlol:. Yall are hilarious.

Anyway.

Idk wtf is going on but I'm enjoying it nonetheless.

Then the end happened. And my reaction was just about the same as everyone.

Went like:
Wow did he just try to deck him? Is he testing their reflexes? :lupe:

Is he being serious right now? :wtf:

He squeezing Red Rush's head pretty hard. I don't...I don't think this is a drill. :merchant:

:merchant:
:damn:

And I actually stopped watching to tell my brother NOT to watch Invincible because it's fukked up. I loved Watchmen and how gritty it was for a hero comic/film. But I felt like that was OD.
BUT

I was hooked and curious to see where this would go so I ended up binging the entire series until 2 AM.

Last episode
"You dad. I'd still have you."
That's it. That's all I can say because that right there floored me. Had me at 2AM like :mjcry:

Amber and Mark
I LOVE Amber but she's a terrible person. She's condescending and self absorbed. Had she not known Mark was Invincible her complaints would have been valid...but because SHE KNEW, it made everything she said null and void. Like how do you get mad at a person saving lives?!

And yeah, I see both sides because Mark really was awful at being a boyfriend but he was new to both experiences as a boyfriend and super hero. Btw he was or is TERRIFIED of Amber. So she could have tried hinting to him that he could confide in her whatever issues he had going on or that she would understand that he has things he can't tell her but none of that happened. Their relationship, which I initially enjoyed, suddenly became annoying and obnoxious.

He took her back though so...there's that.

MISC
Dr. Seisman did nothing wrong. He told straight truth bombs about Mount Rushmore.
"They were racists! Slave owners."
:mjlol:

Mauler twins were a genetically cloned nerdy macho duo I didn't know I needed.
"This wasn't made for neurons this dense!"
"Are you calling us stupid?"
"Yes. I'm calling us stupid."

Sooooooo we gotta talk about how this show threw in a lolli like it was OK :comeon:under the guise of Rudy/Robot trying to relate because they're stuck in bodies that aren't truly them. Tell me you're a pedo without telling me you're a pedo :comeon:
And no, they didn't look anywhere near 14. More like nine.
But I digress, I do like those two characters. With that being said, the new GG is ASS. If they are the world's last resort for a W, the world is absolutely fukked.

:bryan:

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
After turning it on on that audio feature, I can kind of see how you could be "fooled" into thinking its supposed to be there. And I can also see how annoying it gets.
man I was high as hell too lol

you feel me on why you think it was supposed to be there? It felt oddly fitting for a comic to screen conversion, I dunno how to explain it ha

can you see how that shyt ruined the show for me?? :dead: