Official "Invincible" TV Series Thread (NO COMIC SPOILERS)

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
watched the whole first season and it had some pretty good moments. one thing that didn't make sense though:
omni man said his purpose was to come to the planet to weaken it for easier subjugation. this doesn't make sense since he could've destroyed earth whenever he wanted to or forced them to surrender easily. he beat that one planet and they were more advanced than earth. and that's just one guy. imagine if they sent two omni mans. he also nearly died from fighting the justice league ripoffs when he could've picked each one off one by one easily. he was much faster than any of them mufukkas and could've just flew through them all like a missile at his leisure. also, it doesn't make sense for him to have a kid bc the kid will *surprise surprise* not end up a psychopath after being raised to be normal. finally, the core mission of his people doesn't make sense since they view people as basically ants to be disposed of by the millions. why would you be concerned with the healthcare of a colony of ants? shyt is retarded to even say out loud.

The comics really go into depth about the vitrimite empire... they are basically the saiyans without freeza...:francis: He was supposed to do his job but he fell in love and had a family... he failed....

I can confirm that the comics illustrate it a lot better. @ORDER_66 is right for sure

They tried to explain it with the baseball scene but didn't quite capture it. He says in the comic that he wanted to take him on a secluded island and raise him as a warrior viltrumite but couldn't bring himself to do it because he fell in love with his mom and she was happy. They also better explain why he chose to kill the guardians of the globe (though the execution of it was much worse). Omni man figured that if he didn't kill them all immediately and at once that they may be able to eventually become a real threat.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Looking back at when S1 was first announced, it was back in 2018. We just got it this year so imagine how long season 2 may take...
Now that its a hit for Amazon, I'm sure the budget is raised then they add more animators, writers, staff, etc. The first season with animation always takes a while to get off the ground. Things change when you have a hit in these streaming wars and we all know Amazon's pockets are endless. I'm thinking June/July 2022 for the next season:ehh:

CW_1991

Banned
Daps
Now that its a hit for Amazon, I'm sure the budget is raised then they add more animators, writers, staff, etc. The first season with animation always takes a while to get off the ground. Things change when you have a hit in these streaming wars and we all know Amazon's pockets are endless. I'm thinking June/July 2022 for the next season:ehh:

Good point:ehh:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
:lupe: I hope not tooo much change

Just some examples, and it's not a big spoiler or anything, but it just gives you an idea how different the comic is.

In the comic William isn't gay, in fact he dates Eve at one point. Mark cracks a joke early on about william being gay and I guess they ran with it for the show.

Amber isn't black in this and she's completely irrelevant.

The Machine Head fight at his office never happens, not even sure if he even exists in the comic. As a result of that the robot and monster girl subplot never happens, or atleast it doesn't happen before the omni-man event.

So on and so forth.

When you read the comic you'll have an appreciation for the changes they made in the show because the show actually takes small details in the comic and makes them better. It's usually the other way around.

CW_1991

Banned
Daps
Invincible was written like 20 years ago. And the Creator is deeply involved with the animated series. He's able to make improvements and corrections on things that may have not been the best at the time when he first wrote it.

As long as Amazon allows him to have free creative control this will be better than the comics.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Invincible was written like 20 years ago. And the Creator is deeply involved with the animated series. He's able to make improvements and corrections on things that may have not been the best at the time when he first wrote it.

As long as Amazon allows him to have free creative control this will be better than the comics.

100% agreed.

I just find it interesting because usually people complain about changes or difference in source material but this is the one time where I feel completely the opposite.

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
didn’t live up to the hype for me, and that narration is annoying as hell lol

Bay Area

Raiders/Warriors/A's
Daps
Reppin
East Oakland
I enjoyed this show but I feel like some of yall are exaggerating how dope it is, the way nikkas hyped up the popeyes chicken sandwich. Ill give this thread props though, yall put me on to the show called "The Boys". I like that show more than this.

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
100% agreed.

I just find it interesting because usually people complain about changes or difference in source material but this is the one time where I feel completely the opposite.
first time ever for me. I've never liked any changes done to shyt in fox/mcu, garbage DC movies... but in this its just like kirkman is is leveling up his own story.