Official "Invincible" TV Series Thread (NO COMIC SPOILERS)

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
Just some examples, and it's not a big spoiler or anything, but it just gives you an idea how different the comic is.

In the comic William isn't gay, in fact he dates Eve at one point. Mark cracks a joke early on about william being gay and I guess they ran with it for the show.

Amber isn't black in this and she's completely irrelevant.

The Machine Head fight at his office never happens, not even sure if he even exists in the comic. As a result of that the robot and monster girl subplot never happens, or atleast it doesn't happen before the omni-man event.

So on and so forth.

When you read the comic you'll have an appreciation for the changes they made in the show because the show actually takes small details in the comic and makes them better. It's usually the other way around.
Im pretty sure Williams is gay in the comics he just doesnt come out until later in the story. And they are mssing a couple of characters on the guardians of the globe.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
So I'm reading invincible now I have to say I agree with changes made in the show. Specifically more development of the characters and Omnimn taking out the squad was waaaaaay better in the show. The show actually seems to have made him more:demonic:than the comic to me honestly :jbhmm:Also the invasion was altered too book wise
They straight up created tech to neutralze and kinap Omniman:merchant:He goes missing for 8 months in the alien timestream:merchant:
Tv show wise he just goes there and violates their planet:demonic:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Im pretty sure Williams is gay in the comics he just doesnt come out until later in the story. And they are mssing a couple of characters on the guardians of the globe.

Yeah I noticed we haven't run into Bulletproof or Superpatriot in the show but they in the comic, and yeah I realized I posted a bit early, I made it to the Machine Head fight, it just happened way later. It's also worse in comic. It feels like nearly everything they changed from the comic was made better in the show. :pachaha:

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
Yeah I noticed we haven't run into Bulletproof or Superpatriot in the show but they in the comic, and yeah I realized I posted a bit early, I made it to the Machine Head fight, it just happened way later. It's also worse in comic. It feels like nearly everything they changed from the comic was made better in the show. :pachaha:
Kirkman basically rewriting

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
bro I mentioned this to a friend of mine last night and he said the same thing

I think I must have accidentally had some narration feature turned on from the first episode and never knew it wasn’t default :dead:

that shyt legit ruined the show for me :mjlol:

:mindblown:
I still can’t believe this shyt happened, I was high as hell and it fit into a comic book narrative structure I figured but I absolutely HATED it lmao. I might have to rewatch this shyt now smh

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County

I think I must have accidentally had some narration feature turned on from the first episode and never knew it wasn’t default :dead:

I still can’t believe this shyt happened, I was high as hell and it fit into a comic book narrative structure I figured but I absolutely HATED it lmao. I might have to rewatch this shyt now smh

Definitely do that bro, this shyt didnt have narration :dead:

This was seriously one of the best TV viewing experiences I had in a long time especially since I grew up with the animated batman series, Xmen, Teen Titans, etc

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Definitely do that bro, this shyt didnt have narration :dead:

This was seriously one of the best TV viewing experiences I had in a long time especially since I grew up with the animated batman series, Xmen, Teen Titans, etc
I’m going to have to. I legit hated it (the narration) and was like wtf is going on. Put it on for 5 mins and see what I went through :mjlol:

I texted my boy during the first episode and he’s like I don’t really remember a narrator, he was like it must go away after the first episode :dead:

hit him back today and he was like yeah, I had no fukking idea what you were talking about :skip:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Wife was watching this shyt like...
:stopitslime:
This a cartoon? :dahell:

Then when OmniGOAT started wrecking the squad in the first episode she was like...
:gladbron: :ohhh:

:lolbron:

I felt those punches Invincible was taking at the end when his pops was pounding him into that mountain
:damn:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I always wondered....if Lex Luthor existed in this universe, he would be a prophet :ohhh:
Or "Captain Luthor" from the new CW Superman show. This show makes me think Earth would be better off with some of the villains from other Superhero shows to help protect us.

:lolbron: "English [Audio Description]"

GLo5iIk.png

Turn that off
:ufdup: