Official Indie/Foreign Film Thread

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
%E6%80%AA%E7%89%A9.jpg

My girlfriend told me to look out for this movie.🤔

MV5BOTkzYmMxNTItZDAxNC00NGM0LWIyODMtMWYzMzRkMjIyMTE1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTAyMjQ3NzQ1._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

Local theater showing this, dunno if I'll watch this.🤔

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps

I'm hoping NEON or A24(More likely it would be the former) picks this up for US distribution. It's gotten great reviews out of the festivals and I have season tickets for Sara montpetit after seeing her in falcon lake

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Finally watched this.

It was alright.

Experiencing it in real life was enough, but still cool to see Argento in this role.
Hope to catch this soon. It sounds like a solid, but not great watch. Which of Gaspar’s past titles would you rank it above?

I caught two foreign entries recently. ‘Afire’ and ‘Passages’, both of which came out within the past year. Most likely would’ve tuned out of ‘Passages’ if it wasn’t for Adèle’s fine ass. She’s the only character that I really cared about. The main lead, as well as Afire’s, are two self-absorbed artists who think the world revolves around them and only them. Their actions, their mere presence, negatively affects those around them and it takes forever for them to not be oblivious to the fact.

As grating as Afire’s lead was though, it was still one of the best movies of the year to me. The themes hit deeper and had me thinking about it days later whereas I just couldn’t wait for ‘Passages’ to end.

If anyone wants to try tackling that double feature then go ahead, but just know that it will be one of the more miserable double features you’ve ever watched. It ain’t Lars von Trier-levels of depressing, but these lead characters will have you damn near shouting at the TV screen at their stupidity.:hubie:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Late_Night_with_the_Devil_poster.jpg

Best Horror Satire in decades
10 out of 10
Fam, this is one of my most anticipated horror features. How did you catch this though? IFC and Shudder acquired the rights but there’s no streaming date announced yet. Unless you caught it at a festival or something, lol.

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
Fam, this is one of my most anticipated horror features. How did you catch this though? IFC and Shudder acquired the rights but there’s no streaming date announced yet. Unless you caught it at a festival or something, lol.
Correct at a film festival.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Hope to catch this soon. It sounds like a solid, but not great watch. Which of Gaspar’s past titles would you rank it above?

I caught two foreign entries recently. ‘Afire’ and ‘Passages’, both of which came out within the past year. Most likely would’ve tuned out of ‘Passages’ if it wasn’t for Adèle’s fine ass. She’s the only character that I really cared about. The main lead, as well as Afire’s, are two self-absorbed artists who think the world revolves around them and only them. Their actions, their mere presence, negatively affects those around them and it takes forever for them to not be oblivious to the fact.

As grating as Afire’s lead was though, it was still one of the best movies of the year to me. The themes hit deeper and had me thinking about it days later whereas I just couldn’t wait for ‘Passages’ to end.

If anyone wants to try tackling that double feature then go ahead, but just know that it will be one of the more miserable double features you’ve ever watched. It ain’t Lars von Trier-levels of depressing, but these lead characters will have you damn near shouting at the TV screen at their stupidity.:hubie:

Afire been on deck. I like petzold. I caught passages on mubi. I liked it

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Which is more bang for your buck: Mubi or Criterion Channel? :jbhmm:
Criterion is cheaper. And I'm grandfathered at the OG charter member yearly price of $89.99

But im enjoying my free month of mubi. Might let it renew another month

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Alejandro Amenábar had a great lil underrated run

Tesis(Spanish scream)
Abre los ojos
The others