JJ Lions

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you have HBOMAX, they have over 600 foreign movies - HBO Max

For Criterions:
HBO Max Criterion Collection

Take out the space, reg link doesn't work.
https:// thestreamable.com/news/here-are-the-criterion-collection-films-streaming-on-hbo-max

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Bendetta was great :wow:

The manipulation of religion is something else boy

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
Thanks for that Mubi mention, just added it. Used to buy a lot of blus but last 5 years, lots more streaming options. Was thinking of getting the Criterion Channel but noticed HBO/Max has a bunch of Criterion movies. I own quite of few Criterion blus as well. When I remember some good foreign movies, will post them here.

This is an excellent one, 1995 La Haine starring Vincent Cassel (managed to be married to Monica Bellucci at one time) It's a Criterion blu as well:

:wow:...see now you done just posted my favorite foreign flick of all time :wow:

so far so good

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international

Y'all watched this?? Same director from Oslo August 31, and Anders is in this too!!

Edit: this is a good one.:mjcry:

Trier is a damn great director. I can't quite put a finger on what makes his films feel so relatable.

Great performance from Anders as Aksel, and Renate as Julie, as well.

Another film that I'll watch over and over.

Last edited:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
MV5BZmNmNWM5ZGMtYjM0My00NjliLWFlODYtZTY0ZTYzNjgxYjExXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTAyMjQ3NzQ1._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

This was a gem, among my favorites to have dropped within the past year. Don’t go in expecting a full-on romance, it’s more of a character study and reality gut punch when it comes to the uncertainty of relationships ala (500) Days of Summer.

It’s a beautifully shot film. Such a warm charm overall and things at least for majority of the film felt naturalistic. The time-stopping scene in particular was a joy to watch.

Curious to see what others think of the main lead in this. Honestly found the actor who played Aksel to be the real stand-out here. Not going to spoil the story, but dude had a powerful scene in the closing act. Two scenes actually.

Last edited:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
MV5BZmNmNWM5ZGMtYjM0My00NjliLWFlODYtZTY0ZTYzNjgxYjExXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTAyMjQ3NzQ1._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

This was a gem, among my favorites to have dropped within the past year. Don’t go in expecting a full-on romance, it’s more of a character study and reality gut punch when it comes to the uncertainty of relationships ala (500) Days of Summer.

It’s a beautifully shot film. Such a warm charm overall and things at least for majority of the film felt naturalistic. The time-stopping scene in particular was a joy to watch.

Curious to see what others think of the main lead in this. Honestly found the actor who played Aksel to be the real stand-out here. Not going to spoil the story, but dude had a powerful scene in the closing act. Two scenes actually.
Breh is a doctor irl lol

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
New Gaspar :demonic:

Came in here to post this.

After exploring sex and drugs with Love and Climax, respectively, Gaspar Noé is here devastate you with a look about the one thing we are all guaranteed to face: getting old and the inevitability of death. Vortex, which premiered at Cannes Film Festival last fall, follows a couple (Françoise Lebrun and Dario Argento) as the former deals with dementia. With a split-screen approach, the first trailer has now arrived ahead of a release later next month via Utopia.

Rory O’Connor said in his review, “It is a devastating and uncharacteristically sincere accomplishment for Noé, an Argentinian filmmaker and enfant terrible who made his name with a great string of provocative works about the younger, stickier parts of life—nominally, parties (Climax), drugs (Enter The Void), and sex (Love), though usually all at the same time. Vortex‘s stars are of a much earlier vintage: LeBrun rose to prominence playing Veronika in 1973’s The Mother and The Whore (which Noé greatly admires); Argento (80 years young last year) was at the peak of his Giallo masterpieces just a few years after. Noé survived a brain hemorrhage just over a year ago, and while he has stated it wasn’t an inspiration for Vortex, his film never leaves you in any doubt as to what lies around the corner for us all: from his signature monolithic credit crawl (in which each name is accompanied by their corresponding birth year) and wry tagline (“Life is a short party that will soon be forgotten”) all the way to the shattering denouement.”

We back :damn:

Cloutius Maximus

with the aid of the Funk...
Daps
Reppin
Altadena, California

Y'all watched this?? Same director from Oslo August 31, and Anders is in this too!!

Edit: this is a good one.:mjcry:

Trier is a damn great director. I can't quite put a finger on what makes his films feel so relatable.

Great performance from Anders as Aksel, and Renate as Julie, as well.

Another film that I'll watch over and over.

i'll have to check this out. Oslo, August 31 fukked me up when I saw it years ago

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Did Lux Aeterna ever get a general release? Anyone know where I can catch it?
Supposedly it’s going to drop in select theaters come May and then the digital releases later this year.

I was able to peep this through….other means and it’s definitely something. Film wasn’t even an hour long. I’m curious to hear what our audiences think of it cause I’m sure there’s going to be backlash in regards to a certain sequence.

Let’s just say, if you’re dealing with epilepsy this might not be the film for you. :huhldup: