Official Hawkeye Season 1 Thread

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Haven't started this yet but how good is it? Is it comparable to loki, falcon and the winter soldier, and wandavision?
First two episodes are aight, but 3 and 4 picked up. The Kate character, to me, was a little annoying with the whole kiddie character in the first episodes but as her and Clint's dynamic have been its not bad.
Like someone else mentioned, most of the D+ shows maybe half of the episodes are great with the others decent. But if you're a Marvel fan you'll enjoy viewing.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Really?

The past was earlier that year breh:russ:

Endgame was a few months ago

I'm SO confused about the timeline in this universe, and how it all fits in with the "5 year jump". What year is this now? Are they in 2021, 2026, or some other year?

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
I'm SO confused about the timeline in this universe, and how it all fits in with the "5 year jump". What year is this now? Are they in 2021, 2026, or some other year?
It’s like 2023. The return has only been a few months. WandaVision, Spidey, Eternals, and Falcon are explicitly about how recent the events were.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
2024 this takes place a year after endgame
So far the movies and shows have been

Wandavision 3 weeks after endgame
Falcon and the winter soldier 6 months after endgame
Spider-Man far from home/ no way home 8 months after endgame
Eternals 8 months after endgame
Shang chi 8 months after endgame
Hawkeye 1 year after endgame
Loki takes place during everything and nothing basically

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
2024 this takes place a year after endgame
So far the movies and shows have been

Wandavision 3 weeks after endgame
Falcon and the winter soldier 6 months after endgame
Spider-Man far from home/ no way home 8 months after endgame
Eternals 8 months after endgame
Shang chi 8 months after endgame
Hawkeye 1 year after endgame
Loki takes place during everything and nothing basically

Thanks, that's helpful.
I wish they never went with a 5 year jump, to me that just made things more confusing. A 1-2 year jump wouldhave been easier to follow.

I would also say that the "home" timeline of Loki is actually 2012.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Endgame is 2023

Wandavision takes place a week after Endgame

Falcon and Winter Soldier is 6 months after

Loki is exempt for existing outside of time

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Am I the only one struggling to see what's so bad about Ronin?

How is he any different than Captain America?:mjlol: Both these nikkas would pull up and catch bodies

Watch the beginning of Winter Soldier than try to make me be anti Ronin:mjlol: Cap kicked a nikka into a turbine:huhldup:

humminbird

Veteran
Daps

How is he any different than Captain America?:mjlol: Both these nikkas would pull up and catch bodies

Watch the beginning of Winter Soldier than try to make me be anti Ronin:mjlol: Cap kicked a nikka into a turbine:huhldup:
no one really has a problem against ronin except Clint and the criminal underworld
I guess you could say the skovia accords might be against him

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

no one really has a problem against ronin except Clint and the criminal underworld
I guess you could say the skovia accords might be against him

We're not supposed to hate or have an issue with Ronin. Clint hates Ronin because during that time he was moving sloppy enough to have dedicated enemies. While he was doing it he had nothing to lose because his family was gone. Now they're back and he has everything to lose, so he wants to destroy anything connecting him to that identity so he doesn't put his family or anyone else in danger.

Daps

What about when Cap kicked that dude off the boat but dude hit the side rail of the boat before he went into the water. I always felt like dude's back was broken from that kick alone and then he probably passed out and drowned :picard:

:banderas:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We're not supposed to hate or have an issue with Ronin. Clint hates Ronin because during that time he was moving sloppy enough to have dedicated enemies. While he was doing it he had nothing to lose because his family was gone. Now they're back and he has everything to lose, so he wants to destroy anything connecting him to that identity so he doesn't put his family or anyone else in danger.
Nah breh the writing and tones say otherwise. Look at Clint and Kates convo after he admits it. Talking about "hurting people"

My overall point is how Marvel and fans pick and choose who's bad based on perception. I was listening to a podcast and one of the hosts was going in on Ronin and saying he ruined families:dahell: I point this out because I KNOW she don't have the same energy for Cap because she's not supposed to and she loves Chris Evans:mjlol:

Again I'm failing to see the difference between Ronin and Cap/Tony when they've done the exact same shyt. These nikkas pull up and murder bad guys:russ:. The henchmen Cap cripples and kills don't have families too?:mjlol:

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah breh the writing and tones say otherwise. Look at Clint and Kates convo after he admits it. Talking about "hurting people"

My overall point is how Marvel and fans pick and choose who's bad based on perception. I was listening to a podcast and one of the hosts was going in on Ronin and saying he ruined families:dahell: I point this out because I KNOW she don't have the same energy for Cap because she's not supposed to and she loves Chris Evans:mjlol:

Again I'm failing to see the difference between Ronin and Cap/Tony when they've done the exact same shyt. These nikkas pull up and murder bad guys:russ:. The henchmen Cap cripples and kills don't have families too?:mjlol:

That is Clint's perspective of himself and Ronin. He was saying that he was doing the same thing as Ronin that he did as Hawkeye just without orders. He doesn't feel bad about the people he killed, just that he endangered others with the way he did it. He justified killing them by mentioning that he researched them beforehand to make sure they deserved it.

Some people feel more sorry about someone's death when they see them humanized like we did with Echo's father but the fact remains it's not different. The show doesn't want us to hate Ronin it wants us to think about the people that are killed in these movies overall and I think that's going to be a part of this phase. Shades of gray with villans. In Shang Chi we are meant to sympathize a little with his father.
In Black Widow we are meant to sympathize with Taskmaster and Natasha's "mother" for what they did. Eternals is all about the gray area of who was right based on whose perspective you are looking from. Some people prefer black and white so they can't see a humanized villan without hating the hero for killing them.

Last edited:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York

Cap was like under Congressional investigation since Winter Soldier and by the time his 3rd movie ended he was a flat out fugitive of justice on the run. Maybe the fans gave him leeway but within the MCU he was labeled a criminal for his actions without government sanction.