Official Hawkeye Season 1 Thread

Daps
Stakes seem like they are just way too low on this show.

I've been seeing this complaint and I don't understand

Y'all want a universe level threat EVERY time? How many times y'all wanna see a city blow up?

When I say the stakes are low, I mean that I never feel like Clint or Kate are in any real danger.

When they were fighting the Russians, it was a bunch of "bro" and "hey, y'all ride these ponies so we can laugh".

I've never once felt that anybody could die.

Not even when they was fighting Yelena on the rooftop.

Just seems like everybody involved, both good and bad guys, are having some good, clean Christmas holiday fun.

At this point, I could see Clint inviting everybody involved, Kate and her mom and Jack, Echo, Yelena and even the Russians over to his house for Christmas dinner with Kingpin coming down the chimney in a red suit for laughs. They all seem like one big happy family to me.:manny:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
well, you know what i mean. :skip:
I'm saying the shyt he been through aint something you just get over. He's stuck with it and deals with it the best way he can. The dialogue stresses that

And consider the situation. He's trying to get this suit that's directly connected to all this trauma.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
I'm saying the shyt he been through aint something you just get over. He's stuck with it and deals with it the best way he can. The dialogue stresses that

And consider the situation. He's trying to get this suit that's directly connected to all this trauma.
and i'm saying they doing it a little too much and it's a little cliche'.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
When I say the stakes are low, I mean that I never feel like Clint or Kate are in any real danger.

When they were fighting the Russians, it was a bunch of "bro" and "hey, y'all ride these ponies so we can laugh".

I've never once felt that anybody could die.

Not even when they was fighting Yelena on the rooftop.

Just seems like everybody involved, both good and bad guys, are having some good, clean Christmas holiday fun.

At this point, I could see Clint inviting everybody involved, Kate and her mom and Jack, Echo, Yelena and even the Russians over to his house for Christmas dinner with Kingpin coming down the chimney in a red suit for laughs. They all seem like one big happy family to me.:manny:
:russ:

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Here is my theory

The person Clint was working with who was embedded with crime families when he was Ronin was the Kingpin. Kingpin fed him information for him to kill his competition. He would just go to criminal meetings wearing the Rolex and Clint would follow and either kill the competition then, or start trailing them to kill them later.

It explains why Clint knows who Kingpin is but doesn’t want to even say his name because he is complicit and he knows Clint’s identity, fukk around Kingpin might have even given him the costume, mask, and a speech to convince him killing was his best option. That also why Clint didn’t kill Kingpin when he was Ronin, and how Kingpin will go from the local crime boss we know from the DD series to Boss of Bosses we know he is in the comics. He had Ronin kill most of the competition. Plus it explains why Echo and he will have their falling out, and why she is the one who started looking for the watch because she suspects both Kingpin and Clint were the ones who killed her uncle.

Also I think it’s pretty clear to everyone that Kate’s mom killed Swordman’s uncle. I legit think dude is a idiot and once he figures it all out they are going to have to stop him from killing Kates mom out of revenge, or even better Kingpin killed the uncle and frames the mother for it as a business move. He’s probably her silent partner, and her going to jail means he can buy the company out from under her.

Which not for nothing would take this storyline from a 7 to a 10 in enjoyment because as physically scary as Kingpin is, him plotting is scarier.

Last edited:

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
I enjoyed eps 3 & 4 more than anything marvel has put out in a while. Nice to see theyre respecting Hawkeye as a character.

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
Here is my theory

The person Clint was working with who was embedded with crime families when he was Ronin was the Kingpin. Kingpin fed him information for him to kill his competition. He would just go to criminal meetings wearing the Rolex and Clint would follow and either kill the competition then, or start trailing them to kill them later.

It explains why Clint knows who Kingpin is but doesn’t want to even say his name because he is complicit and he knows Clint’s identity, fukk around Kingpin might have even given him the costume, mask, and a speech to convince him killing was his best option. That also why Clint didn’t kill Kingpin when he was Ronin, and how Kingpin will go from the local crime boss we know from the DD series to Boss of Bosses we know he is in the comics. He had Ronin kill most of the competition. Plus it explains why Echo and he will have their falling out, and why she is the one who started looking for the watch because she suspects both Kingpin and Clint were the ones who killed her uncle.

Also I think it’s pretty clear to everyone that Kate’s mom killed Swordman’s uncle. I legit think dude is a idiot and once he figures it all out they are going to have to stop him from killing Kates mom out of revenge, or even better Kingpin killed the uncle and frames the mother for it as a business move. He’s probably her silent partner, and her going to jail means he can buy the company out from under her.

Which not for nothing would take this storyline from a 7 to a 10 in enjoyment because as physically scary as Kingpin is, him plotting is scarier.
Rolex theory highly plausible :ehh:

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
Here is my theory

Dope

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But she didn't:russ:

Her being able to fight Maya aint far fetched given her level of training being similar to her. They showed then both having similar training backgrounds for a reason. And Maya STILL beat her ass:mjlol:

Yelena literally treated her like a non factor as she brushed past her and eventually threw her off a roof to get her out of the way

Even the :stopitslime:bytch please headshake when Kate had her dead to rights was a sonning.

Yelena showed her mercy the entire fight there was no "own" for Kate to hold

The whole thing with that fight scene in the last episode is that it showed Kate was in over her head. Clint was willing to let her tag along when it was just the Track Suit Mafia. They were small time chumps and she had some skill to handle herself. Now that actual spies/assassins are involved he is being more forceful about leaving her behind because the only reason she wasn't killed in the fight is Yelena let her live.

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
I'm not a " the stakes are too low" person, but this show just isn't hitting for me. I'm easy to please though. I'm not gonna complain or anything, I simply appreciate the content. But of every Marvel movie and show so far, this one is easily my least entertaining.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Here is my theory

:unimpressed:SO BASICALLY
DAREDEVIL
SEASON 3.

:devil:
:evil: