Official Hawkeye Season 1 Thread

Daps
Stakes seem like they are just way too low on this show.

honestly, that’s kind of refreshing. Relatively self contained 3-4 day story. Outside of Black Widow every show/movie had world ending implications. It’s knowing this won’t (shouldn’t?) come down to the normal CGI battle at the end.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
honestly, that’s kind of refreshing. Relatively self contained 3-4 day story. Outside of Black Widow every show/movie had world ending implications. It’s knowing this won’t (shouldn’t?) come down to the normal CGI battle at the end.
Yeah, it's more satisfying to gradually build up to a world ending threat over the course of several movies or shows, rather then having one every outing.
I don't have an issue with this series as far as plot, i think it just needs to be a bit more visceral is all. Falcon and WInter soldier did a better job being more violent (by disney standards) the shield was getting bloodied. They killed several people in fight scenes. Dudes arm getting broken violently etc. This show so far had one death that happened off screen and thats it.

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
overall, show is pretty weak. acting is fine, its just boring. Its hard to understand how Kate is already able to hold her own in combat with trained assassins, the show started out with her doing a prank gone wrong at college . the reveal of the girl from Black Widow was meh. No good villain, Renner does a good job with Hawkeye but this is hardly 'his' story, the show is really a vehicle to act as an origin story for Kate Bishop

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
overall, show is pretty weak. acting is fine, its just boring. Its hard to understand how Kate is already able to hold her own in combat with trained assassins, the show started out with her doing a prank gone wrong at college . the reveal of the girl from Black Widow was meh. No good villain, Renner does a good job with Hawkeye but this is hardly 'his' story, the show is really a vehicle to act as an origin story for Kate Bishop
Except Kate wasn't holding her own. She was getting tossed aside and largely ignored by Yelena

At one point she was in Kate's face and she blatantly brushed past her to get to Clint

She threw Kate off the fukkin roof man:mjlol:

Of all the Marvel properties showing impossible white bytch behavior Kate is surprisingly not one of those

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Except Kate wasn't holding her own. She was getting tossed aside and largely ignored by Yelena

At one point she was in Kate's face and she blatantly brushed past her to get to Clint

Of all the Marvel properties showing impossible white bytch behavior Kate is surprisingly not one of those
She even got beat up in the first episode and had to hide in a locked car until hawkeye rescued her. And her moms boyfriend was basically toying with her during their duel even though she's like state champion
This is definitely not some Rey shyt.

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!

I mean u not wrong but we already knew this going into the show. Kate is gonna be the new Hawkeye with Clint retiring to be with his family.

And i wouldn't say she was "holding her own" Yelena and Echo was tossing her like a rag doll.

Stakes seem like they are just way too low on this show.

We don't need the world to end every single mcu outing lol. Spidey and Strange bout to deal with the multiverse opening up right in front of them next week. Street level shows like this are refreshing.

Hell She-Hulk is one of my most anticipated shows and that's gonna be a comedy legal drama.

Last edited:

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
She even got beat up in the first episode and had to hide in a locked car until hawkeye rescued her. And her moms boyfriend was basically toying with her during their duel even though she's like state champion
This is definitely not some Rey shyt.
this was after they let her body like 10 grown men where their jobs are to fukk people up

stop it

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

And i wouldn't say she was "holding her own" Yelena and Echo was tossing her like a rag doll.

she did hold her own, I didnt say he she was whooping ass. facts is she had no business even lasting more than 10 seconds in that brawl.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
she did hold her own, I didnt say he she was whooping ass. facts is she had no business even lasting more than 10 seconds in that brawl.
But she didn't:russ:

Her being able to fight Maya aint far fetched given her level of training being similar to her. They showed then both having similar training backgrounds for a reason. And Maya STILL beat her ass:mjlol:

Yelena literally treated her like a non factor as she brushed past her and eventually threw her off a roof to get her out of the way

Even the :stopitslime:bytch please headshake when Kate had her dead to rights was a sonning.

Yelena showed her mercy the entire fight there was no "own" for Kate to hold

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
i like the show, but i just wish they hurry up and get past the Scrappy Doo element with Kate and Clint. Like she here now dawg, stop tryna tell her to go home. And i think they are doing a little too much of the whole Hawkeye being tormented by the past shyt.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i like the show, but i just wish they hurry up and get past the Scrappy Doo element with Kate and Clint. Like she here now dawg, stop tryna tell her to go home. And i think they are doing a little too much of the whole Hawkeye being tormented by the past shyt.
Really?

The past was earlier that year breh:russ:

Endgame was a few months ago