Veteran
Daps
Was anybody else :noah:over Minnie?
ZssUTLM7_400x400.jpg

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
This first hr and a bit was a hard watch for me. I'm just not comfortable with white people randomly calling a blck man ******.

The last hr or so was watchable and funny in some parts. I'm definitely not in a rush to ever see this movie again.
started with Kurt Russell's character saying "black fella" over and over again...you thought " :ehh: tarantino turning over a new leaf"... then out of nowhere old girl busts out "hey ******"... then its on from there...Dude even inserted a "joke" about how black people dont like to be called ****** and shyt :dead:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
@FlyRy @Milk N Cookies :ohhh:
IMDB
There are two subtle references to Django Unchained in the film. First, when we meet Major Warren, he is sitting on top of 3 corpses and a saddle. This saddle was previously owned by Django and the second is in Minnie's Haberdashery. Sitting on the floor of the haberdashery is Django's green corduroy jacket. Both of these references have been confirmed by Samuel L. Jackson.
Those connections :wow:

Imagine the fukkery of Django and Warren out on the bounty hunting shyt.​

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Tarantino explained in interviews only after the film was released that the very earliest concept of what became this story was a sequel to Django Unchained he began as a novel called 'Django in White Hell.' However, he did not get far with the novel before he realized that it didn't work to have a character who's morals were known to the audience beforehand, nor a character you felt was fairly sure to survive. Tarantino withheld this trivia from interviews until after the film's release because he was already contesting false reports that the movie would be a sequel to Django Unchained and didn't want to further muddle early public expectations. This is also why, in the wake of the script's leaking online, he was considering taking the story back to novel form when he considered canceling production.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
I thought the candy jar was also a reference to django, as well as the snowy mountainside, dope flick tho, tarrantino sort of kinda already did django 2 but in comic book form with Django\Zorro. He said he wants to do Django\Tonto next

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
10 Movies That Started Life As Sequels
2. Django Was Originally One Of The Hateful Eight
U6krzQt4.jpg

The Weinstein Company
Tarantino grew pretty fond of Django while working on Django Unchained, and he was keen to follow the character on further adventures. Keen to give himself a creative challenge he decided to follow-up the movie with a series of paperback novels instead, with the first being titled Django In White Hell.

The basic setup was identical to The Hateful Eight, with Django being trapped in a lodge with a group of unsavoury characters. Tarantino loved the idea so much he decided it was his next movie, only he realised a fatal flaw in the story; Django didn’t belong there. The story was about horrible people doing horrible things, so having a heroic character with a moral centre didn’t make sense.

Django was rewritten to become Sam Jackson’s nasty bounty hunter Major Warren, who nobody would mistake for a nice guy. The movie has a little easter egg that links the two characters though; in Major Warren’s introduction scene he’s sitting in a saddle on top of a pile of corpses, with the saddle formerly belonging to Django himself.

10 Movies That Started Life As Sequels

:mindblown:

bright black

All Star
Daps
People said ****** how they drink water back then, why is this even an issue!?

nothing is "an issue"...i pointed out ****** is used in this movie the same way it is used in blazing saddles...****** jokes...the movie is called the hateful 8 and people say the movie is "hilarious" but yall want to tell me im wrong for believing tarantino intended for the hate filled dialogue to be funny...

BodeineBrazy

hehehehehehehehehe
Daps
Reppin
Philly, Norfside
nothing is "an issue"...i pointed out ****** is used in this movie the same way it is used in blazing saddles...****** jokes...the movie is called the hateful 8 and people say the movie is "hilarious" but yall want to tell me im wrong for believing tarantino intended for the hate filled dialogue to be funny...

i dont even understand your point right now nikka