Official Hateful Eight Thread

Wall

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Hong Kong
I enjoyed it. Tarrantino's dialogue is second to none imo. Strong performances all around. I felt the lead up was too long and the mystery was too short. LOVED when the violence kicked in. He does violence better than anyone.

That being said, this is on the low end of his films imo. I thought Django was crazy underrated on here and this was not close. Matter of fact, I put Django in his top 3.

Pulp Fiction
Reservoir Dogs
Django Unchained
Inglorious
Jackie Brown
Kill Bill
Hateful 8
DeathProof

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
Tim Roth was doing a terrible impression of Christoph Waltz for the majority of the film.

shyt was :snoop: to see Roth doing that.

Can't help but think that the role was written for Waltz but he didn't end up taking it (probably to make Spectre).

nikka that was the whole point. Did you not hear his real accent towards the end?

Jacaveli The Don

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#NarcissistGang

nikka that was the whole point. Did you not hear his real accent towards the end?

I know about the accent, he was obviously putting on the first one as his character really had a strong London accent.

The acting and accent in the first half of the film was Waltz to a tee, my G

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
I know about the accent, he was obviously putting on the first one as his character really had a strong London accent.

The acting and accent in the first half of the film was Waltz to a tee, my G
yeah, and that's not an accident. He was even dressed like Schultz was. It was the joke.

Jacaveli The Don

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#NarcissistGang
yeah, and that's not an accident. He was even dressed like Schultz was. It was the joke.

OK bro, I respect your take on it.

But for me, Tim Roth is an excellent actor in his own right. I was expecting to see Roth acting out a well rounded character, not Roth doing a Waltz impression (and in that context, it was an excellent impression at that.)

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
OK bro, I respect your take on it.

But for me, Tim Roth is an excellent actor in his own right. I was expecting to see Roth acting out a well rounded character, not Roth doing a Waltz impression (and in that context, it was an excellent impression at that.)

But there also wasn't a lot on the page for those characters. Whatever mannerisms the actors brought in, gave those characters life. Why did Jennifer Jason Leigh do that accent? Kurt Russell was wide-eyed the entire play. Michael Madsen & Samuel L played themselves in a QT flick. Channing Tatum had the worst character because he did nothing with it to make it interesting He didn't even fit.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Tim Roth was doing a terrible impression of Christoph Waltz for the majority of the film.

shyt was :snoop: to see Roth doing that.

Can't help but think that the role was written for Waltz but he didn't end up taking it (probably to make Spectre).
I didn't realize it until you said that, but I can hear it now. I also heard Michael Madsen was supposed to be the Hangman at first instead of Kurt Russell. Jennifer Lawrence was supposed to be Daisy Domergue.

Dank Hill

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
the slowmo of sam saying "diabolical bytch" is one of the funniest things i can remember
nah breh, him peeling back a certain character's cap back, coming up from the basement had me dead

Walton Goggins goofy ass was just as funny too man

On a side note. I watched it while blowed and I got the vibe that the lincoln letter was actually a letter from quentin to sam from all of the years of working together.

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
My review
Haven't read the spoilers. But can't wait to go back. Say what you by QT but bottom line you're not going to get this style of movie making from any movie you see this year. The dialgoue, the subtle humor, etc. It's just one QT and I appreciate that. Only part I didn't get and maybe yall explained it was the general gettting upset about QT story. He wasn't really a general right? Wasn't all that made up about his history? If so, then why was he upset about Sam's story?

The 2 parts that literally had my mouth open was Minnie being Black. And the head being blown off. I was literally stunned. I'm assuming Minnie not liking Mexicans, putting the sign up was an ode to modern times. With relations with Black people and Mexicans. Could be wrong. The sherriff out acted everybody in this movie. Yes, including Sam Jack who was great. Like I could tell from the 1st scene that this Walton Gogginss was going to kill it. Still have to see other Oscar/Globe movies but I'll be surprised if somebody outacted him. I'm an instant stan of his acting.

Daisy character was great as well. I'm surprised these White feminists have not come down harder on this film with the way she was beaten. To me it's better then Django because Django did not know how to end. ANd Jaimie was good but I'm still not a fan of his acting. The shootout should have been the last scene of that film. With this movie the dialogue in the 1st half was tremendous. Could listen to Sam, Kurt, Sherriff talk all day.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I didn't realize it until you said that, but I can hear it now. I also heard Michael Madsen was supposed to be the Hangman at first instead of Kurt Russell. Jennifer Lawrence was supposed to be Daisy Domergue.
Even though they say that i highly doubt America's sweetheart was ever gonna get her ass kicked for 3 hours while incessantly using the N word

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
P.S., i wouldnt see this in a white theatre. You can tell they was hesitant to laugh at the racial jokes. Wished i saw this in the hood but no 70mm there.

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
My review
Haven't read the spoilers. But can't wait to go back. Say what you by QT but bottom line you're not going to get this style of movie making from any movie you see this year. The dialgoue, the subtle humor, etc. It's just one QT and I appreciate that. Only part I didn't get and maybe yall explained it was the general gettting upset about QT story. He wasn't really a general right? Wasn't all that made up about his history? If so, then why was he upset about Sam's story?

The 2 parts that literally had my mouth open was Minnie being Black. And the head being blown off. I was literally stunned. I'm assuming Minnie not liking Mexicans, putting the sign up was an ode to modern times. With relations with Black people and Mexicans. Could be wrong. The sherriff out acted everybody in this movie. Yes, including Sam Jack who was great. Like I could tell from the 1st scene that this Walton Gogginss was going to kill it. Still have to see other Oscar/Globe movies but I'll be surprised if somebody outacted him. I'm an instant stan of his acting.

Daisy character was great as well. I'm surprised these White feminists have not come down harder on this film with the way she was beaten. To me it's better then Django because Django did not know how to end. ANd Jaimie was good but I'm still not a fan of his acting. The shootout should have been the last scene of that film. With this movie the dialogue in the 1st half was tremendous. Could listen to Sam, Kurt, Sherriff talk all day.
he was really a general. He was upset because Sam was talking about when he killed his son