Official Hateful Eight Thread

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
WOAT Tarantino movie, definitely one of the worst of the year. Tarantino is tone deaf and needs someone to rein him in. Him and Spike have the same issue, where they feel their work is so genius that if the audience doesn't like it it's because they "don't get it." In reality, it's just not that good. The difference Tarantino has a money faucet and spike has to scrape up every dollar.

The first hour was unnecessary. The dialogue was weak (saved by good acting), violent just for violence sake, the "******" use was way too cringeworthy,
the black guy gets castrated :mjpls:

The ending was weak to me because I truly didn't care about any of the characters. If it wasn't for Sam Jackson this would've been a complete waste of time.

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This was just ok.

Overly unnecessary use of ******. Didnt even come off as a necessity and just shock value.

Well acted gotta point that out.

Sam Jackson investigating was my favorite part of the movie.

I didnt care to remember any of the characters names because there really wasnt a reason to.

• Dap
Reactions: IVS

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
There's really a heavy divide here - no middleground. Bottom line - it's Tarantino doing a whodunit. If you're interested in a gang of characters in a secluded location for some time, tryna figure out who's lying, then go see it. It' heavy on dialog, little on action (but when the actions starts it doesn't let up).

Eff that, I'm gonna watch it again AND see it in theaters. It was great to me.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Maybe it's just me but whenever I see Samuel L.'s name in a movie, I automatically don't want to see it anymore

Sam is a Legend but it's clear he never tells his agent No when it comes to movies. Dude has done 4-5 movies a year for 20 years, lol. Honestly again I think he was the best actor of the bunch along with Kurt and Jennifer.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Just finished watching this movie and I didn't enjoy it all. Very basic movie which is not like Tarantino at all and probably his worst yet. Meh

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Trailer didn't do anything for me and from what I'm reading here, I don't even want to stream it. :scust:
It's pretty boring. Literally nothing happens in the movie that lasts for over 2 hrs.
also I wasn't really that bothered about the N word. I think the female character actually got a raw deal in the movie.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
WOAT Tarantino movie, definitely one of the worst of the year. Tarantino is tone deaf and needs someone to rein him in. Him and Spike have the same issue, where they feel their work is so genius that if the audience doesn't like it it's because they "don't get it." In reality, it's just not that good. The difference Tarantino has a money faucet and spike has to scrape up every dollar.

The first hour was unnecessary. The dialogue was weak (saved by good acting), violent just for violence sake, the "******" use was way too cringeworthy,
the black guy gets castrated :mjpls:

The ending was weak to me because I truly didn't care about any of the characters. If it wasn't for Sam Jackson this would've been a complete waste of time.
I kind of agree. I wanted to like it more than I did.

Honestly to me I was letdown because

It started to really get interesting to me after the coffee got poisoned and Jackson was trying to piece together the mystery and then all of a sudden it seemed like it went from narrowing down suspects to a big shootout in 10 minutes. Seemed rushed to me.

QT definitely is just jerking himself off at this point. I think I probably liked the movie more than you did, but I don't think I'd be excited to watch it again. After Kill Bill, Django is really the movie of his I enjoy the most. I know the opinions on it are very split on here, but I thought Inglorious Basterds was overrated or if it wasn't, I just didn't enjoy it that much.

Jackie Brown is his most underrated flick by far.

I also think he's on the autism spectrum. Has to be.

Also, at least he knows he's getting out of his prime. He said he may do 2 more and call it a wrap.

jmegamar

On the Come up Member
Daps
Thought it was decent. Didn't think about it until a poster said it but it's similar to reservoir dogs.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Seeing on twitter that you get a dope program at the 70mm showings.

My theater better have one

y que

Banned
Daps
death proof and inglorious are his most mediocre movies

inglorious is way overrated though

any movie that shows hitler getting shot up will get praise from jewlywood