Official Hateful Eight Thread

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
I don't get the fascination with QT movies. Only one I've mildly enjoyed was pulp fiction. Everything after has been overrated shock fest garbage. And Sam Jackson :snoop: why is he dressed like a confederate general. His career is so strange. He's played a lot of characters but it's still Sam Jackson. That chappelle show parody was probably the truest thing ever
If u don't fukk w/ Django, slap yaself. But to your point, he's a lil overrated.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
If u don't fukk w/ Django, slap yaself. But to your point, he's a lil overrated.
You meant to say inglorious surely. Old tarintino would have had that movie with the basterds being the main characters on some magnificent 7 BS but the audience got faked out and we got a better movie for it. I thought QT had grown as a film maker but with django and now this western he's proving he hasn't evolved at all

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
You meant to say inglorious surely. Old tarintino would have had that movie with the basterds being the main characters on some magnificent 7 BS but the audience got faked out and we got a better movie for it. I thought QT had grown as a film maker but with django and now this western he's proving he hasn't evolved at all

Django was better than Inglorious imo :yeshrug:

The best moments of Inglorious > Django....but overall as a film Django was better imo. He improved with that film. He actually showed a lot of patience/restraint with the Django character itself.

However, I'm not sure this movie will be better than those films.

ETA: I do remember him saying his early draft of Inglorious did focus more on the basterds.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Maybe Sam's character is related to uncle Tom , Steven from Django. Or Kurt Russell is Stuntman Steves great granfather.

I'm a sucker for the little Tarantino-verse building he does. That would have been :mindblown:

Nah it likely wont be a main character connection.

Eli Roth's character in IG was the connection to True Romance.

In Django it was one of the guys he killed for a bounty that turned out to be related to Christopher Walken in Pulp Fiction.

So it will probably be minor again.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
stopped reading here, you are the furthest thing from a troll but that is just wild talk.

Django won best screenplay and has a higher % on RT and IMDB, but its impossible for somebody to believe that Django is better than Inglorious :jbhmm:

I have no problem with people saying IG was better. :manny: I just thought the movie lost focus too much

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
Nah it likely wont be a main character connection.

Eli Roth's character in IG was the connection to True Romance.

In Django it was one of the guys he killed for a bounty that turned out to be related to Christopher Walken in Pulp Fiction.

So it will probably be minor again.
Is that so? :obama: thanks breh

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Is that so? :obama: thanks breh
pulp_django.jpg