Official Hateful Eight Thread

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Django won best screenplay
Scorsese didn't win an Oscar till departed did that mean all the lesser directors who had were better?
and has a higher % on RT and IMDB, but its impossible for somebody to believe that Django is better than
one direction and the Kardashians have taken the world by storm the last few years is that an account for taste?
I don't let other misguided opinions form my own. I bet the ppl that lean towards django do so because they felt IB had a lot of dialogue and the action was spaced apart
I have no problem with people saying IG was better. :manny: I just thought the movie lost focus too much
if you are talking about the point where Pitt and dude get kidnapped can't disagree but by that time we'd already witnessed a borderline classic :francis:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Scorsese didn't win an Oscar till departed did that mean all the lesser directors who had were better? one direction and the Kardashians have taken the world by storm the last few years is that an account for taste?
I don't let other misguided opinions form my own. I bet the ppl that lean towards django do so because they felt IB had a lot of dialogue and the action was spaced apart if you are talking about the point where Pitt and dude get kidnapped can't disagree but by that time we'd already witnessed a borderline classic :francis:

I initially wrote something really long, but then realized we'd be arguing this all day. So I'll just agree to disagree breh. If anything if you've watched Django only a few times I suggest revisiing it. If it does nothing to feel like its on IB's level then it just wasnt good enough to you. :manny:

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
pulp_django.jpg
aint that some shyt??? :mindblown:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
@Milk N Cookies
Reddit user claims he saw a rough cut of the film. Over 3 hrs
So i saw The Hateful Eight, and had a funny run-in with a certain Mr. Tarantino... • /r/movies

Expect a different ending compared to the leaked script

[–]MovieIdiot4lyfe 1 point 4 hours ago

How are the performances of the assembled cast? Who gave the best performance? And was Channing Tatum any good? He worries me. And did Fred Raskin improved his editing compared to Django Unchained?

[–]FeastYourEarTongues[S] 3 points 4 hours ago

Editing right off the bat is way more subtle, so yeah.

Ensemble cast is great, but here is something; Sam Jack is the LEAD in this movie. Advertising makes it look fairly equal, but that is far from the truth. It's his film. Some of the Hateful Eight get maybe a quarter the screentime he gets. Jennifer Jason Leigh is number two.

The whole cast does a good job but yeah, was surprised how some of them actually don't get that much screentime and most of the cast get zero solo-screentime.

People will be walkig away from this movie talking about Goggin's performance.

Last edited:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
When audiences pay to see the limited roadshow engagement of Quentin Tarantino’s “The Hateful Eight” this holiday season, it won’t just be the projection of Ultra Panavision 70mm photography that distinguishes it from multiplex versions released two weeks later. It will be a slightly different — and longer — film overall.

“The roadshow version has an overture and an intermission, and it will be three hours, two minutes,” Tarantino told Variety. “The multiplex version is about six minutes shorter, not counting the intermission time, which is about 12 minutes.”

The two-time Oscar winner was not ordered to truncate the film for wider release. Rather, he liked the idea of the roadshow experience having a little something extra. “Nor did I want to treat the multiplex release like this left-handed version, either,” he said. So he tweaked certain scenes to better suit the separate viewing experiences.

“The 70 is the 70,” he said. “You’ve paid the money. »

Variety