Official 'Halo' TV Show Thread | Paramount +

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
With the way they were killing off/"retiring" characters left and right in season 2, wouldn't be surprised if they all knew shyt was coming to an end upfront, barring a massive spike up in numbers.

S2 was infinitely better than S1 but the damage was already done with uninteresting supporting characters that they tried to salvage or kill off.

JNew

Superstar
Daps
The show’s writers clearly had to get around a limited budget.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
You guys sounded like fakkits complaining about a helmet. :mjlol:

This was their highest rated show. Wonder what happened.
Too expensive to produce and too long of a production cycle. That money spent on day 1 won't ROI in two years. Paramount needs to cut cost now

I do hope it gets picked up. Netflix loves wasting money. Be nice they did on something turning the corner and becoming good TV.

Maybe Prime.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
paramount is already struggling financially. All they had going for their streaming offerings were all those Yellowstone shows
I never understood why they felt the need to make an app versus producing shows to the highest bidder...

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I never understood why they felt the need to make an app versus producing shows to the highest bidder...

Yep, everyone was trying to jump on the gravy train. Sony actually did the smart thing and spread their tv offerings out to multiple services.

Streaming wars is like battle royale, they are all gonna merge or close up shop in a couple of years

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Another property ruined by people who despise it. I'm not a Halo guy, never have been. But that shyt was too popular and too much of a cultural hit to produce a dog shyt show. This should have been an easy W given the lore, world, and character they had to play with. They got everything wrong instead. That show had zero cinematic flare, zero creative quality (sets looked like modern day, vehicles looked like Fords and Chevys, etc). They needed someone with a lot of juice to bring that world to life without it looking like a cheap SyFy channel show. Similar to how GoT completely altered how fantasy shows look with the locations, CGI, and (most importantly) high quality costumes and character looks.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
These cac nerds and their stupid ass lore obsession or dei bullshyt are ruining everything. :damn:

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
they Really fukked up the character of Master Chief. i played the games and read the novels. Many writers wrote Master Chief but no one fukked up as much as Paramount did. He was so out of character it was cringe worthy

JNew

Superstar
Daps
they Really fukked up the character of Master Chief. i played the games and read the novels. Many writers wrote Master Chief but no one fukked up as much as Paramount did

The show tried to appeal to as broad of an audience as it could. They tried to humanize MC and write a story/show on John 117 instead of Halo.

The writing make sense. If you know of the “chosen one” narcissistic troupe. What season 1 was based on and what they wrap up actually very nicely in at the end of season 2.

I’ve just played the games but the troupe actually makes a lot of sense within the game’s context, considering in the game MC takes orders without questions and will almost kill himself to save another human.

I think the show was trying to develop the character over several seasons into the one we see in the games.