[Official] Gotham Knights. Releases 10/21/22.

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
If this game doesn't have cross-platform then it's being sent to die

I highly doubt this will have cross platform. I have no idea why everyone thinks cross platform is gonna become the norm. That shyt takes TONS of money cause it's all running on the developers own servers. So yea people like activision and epic can get away with it. But that doesn't mean everyone can. Outside of Activision/EA/2K/Epic etc don't expect it.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I guess it’s a little confusing because in Arkham Knight she is in the wheel chair then killed later on.

here she is alive and well but has a wheel chair. But Batman died in an explosion, in this game, just like at the end of Arkham Knight.

Edit: Also, didn’t freeze die or something in one of the DLCs to Arkham Knight? Or do you lock him up. Can’t remember.

Yeah, it's quite literally just the first trailer, but they've already got people confused. This appears to be a reboot, but since they're using the major twist from the end of the last game, it definitely muddles things.

And in AK, you end up taking Freeze's wife out of the freezer, and they dip.

That's what makes me certain this is a full (unnecessarily confusing) reboot. The last game really left the cupboards bare for a sequel in the same storyline that wouldn't come off as being made just because.

That's a problem across the entire genre man. The average consumer can't get enough of that shyt so its pretty much an exception if a game doesn't have a form of that type of progression or challenge/reward loop.

I'd say from the tiny bit they've shown and said so far, this might not be a GaaS game but it definitely has gear. There's not much need for damage numbers and the like if stuff like gear and skill trees didn't effect those numbers.

However, I won't be surprised in the least bit to read some point down the line that this originally was supposed to be a GaaS type game, and when WB figured out that this and Suicide Squad were coming out close to each other, they told them to cut that shyt out, and we got what we're seeing now.

That said, as someone who's played Destiny since nearly the beginning, I'm REALLY hesitant to have another game like that in the rotation, because no matter what, they almost always fail to respect the player's time. As I get older, and my life changes, I really don't have the time or patience to run the same missions multiple times in the hopes of getting the right roll of a weapon, or grind out currency for stuff. But to be fair, this game type is in its relative infancy, and could change over time.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Yeah, it's quite literally just the first trailer, but they've already got people confused. This appears to be a reboot, but since they're using the major twist from the end of the last game, it definitely muddles things.

And in AK, you end up taking Freeze's wife out of the freezer, and they dip.

That's what makes me certain this is a full (unnecessarily confusing) reboot. The last game really left the cupboards bare for a sequel in the same storyline that wouldn't come off as being made just because.

I'd say from the tiny bit they've shown and said so far, this might not be a GaaS game but it definitely has gear. There's not much need for damage numbers and the like if stuff like gear and skill trees didn't effect those numbers.

However, I won't be surprised in the least bit to read some point down the line that this originally was supposed to be a GaaS type game, and when WB figured out that this and Suicide Squad were coming out close to each other, they told them to cut that shyt out, and we got what we're seeing now.

That said, as someone who's played Destiny since nearly the beginning, I'm REALLY hesitant to have another game like that in the rotation, because no matter what, they almost always fail to respect the player's time. As I get older, and my life changes, I really don't have the time or patience to run the same missions multiple times in the hopes of getting the right roll of a weapon, or grind out currency for stuff. But to be fair, this game type is in its relative infancy, and could change over time.
Looks like Batman Odyssey

Which I wouldn't hate to be honest :manny:

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
DBTezmU_d.webp

Dunno if you caught this but Barbra definitely has her wheel chair in the video but flying around as batgirl. :mindblown:

You know how bad parking is in Gotham :what:? Obviously she kept the wheelchair to run a tag scam :jawalrus:

bytch gets everywhere 3-5 minutes before the rest of the squad :russ:

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Looks rough. Like, really rough.

Maybe it’s cause I hold Arkham series combat in high regards. And partially because it was alpha footage too I believe?

Could still be fun, especially the co-op aspect. Not many fully fledged co-op experiences out there like that these days.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
:leostare:what's that?

Button Mashing (Right now, my hand legit hurts)
"Collecting"
Grinding for skins
Video gamey shyt like platforming in a "realistic" setting

Fam, I wished I recorded it, but, they got Hulk opening "chest" with his toes.

It looks so stupid because they are trying to fit into this MMO/Live Service landscape and it's weird how they are using Avengers for it.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
That's a problem across the entire genre man. The average consumer can't get enough of that shyt so its pretty much an exception if a game doesn't have a form of that type of progression or challenge/reward loop.

You could literally play this game with one hand.

Look, I see the potential of this game, but, after 3-4 hours of playing, I don't see how they could built on this and make it something different and interesting a year from now OUTSIDE of new characters with new abilities.

Feels like I just played a mobile game on my Xbox.

The game isn't wack by any means. I've been watching people review it and decided to jump on since they opened the beta.

It doesn't change my mind on what I expected it to be.