Official Godzilla vs Kong Thread

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Monster movies don't gotta make sense!:lolbron:

Kong put in work on Mecha though. :yeshrug: He wasn't going out like that. Still the homie.:manny:

My favorite monster flick was Pacific Rim. This right here got me questioning that...PR really messed up that final fight. In the dark, under water...:what:

Still, with Godzilla vs Kong was awful whenever the monsters weren't on screen....:patrice:
Breh I love 99% of every monster movie ever made. Cloverfield probably being my favorite......Pacific Rim is absolute dog shyt :scust:

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Breh I love 99% of every monster movie ever made. Cloverfield probably being my favorite......Pacific Rim is absolute dog shyt :scust:

I could never even finish Cloverfield. Different strokes for different folks.:manny:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
watched this again, focused.

action was on point!
graphics was on point!

but yo, i cant front...

King Kong was kinda of a bytch!

:francis:

U-Godzilla smacked this dude up, looked down on him, turned around all casual and shyt like,

:hhh:

Cartier Murphy

Apathy’s a Tragedy & Boredom is a Crime
Daps
Just realize how useless Eleven's friend was. Dude wasn't trying to hacked the system to turn MechaGodzilla, just guess 3 random passwords and got locked out. :skip: Dude did nothing the entire movie.
He was the comedic relief best friend but he wasn’t actually funny. The small crowd in my theater didn’t laugh or react to anything he said. That whole plot line was totally useless and a waste of time.

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
He was the comedic relief best friend but he wasn’t actually funny. The small crowd in my theater didn’t laugh or react to anything he said. That whole plot line was totally useless and a waste of time.

The non monster scenes fell SO flat! It's why I don't have this flick higher on my monster movie list

Cartier Murphy

Apathy’s a Tragedy & Boredom is a Crime
Daps
The non monster scenes fell SO flat! It's why I don't have this flick higher on my monster movie list
I thought that the Kong subplot following Rebecca Hall and that group was actually well done and added emotional depth to the movie, and it added to the lore of Kong well. If they had tossed out the Godzilla subplot with the kids and Brian Tyree it'd have been a better film because that storyline added nothing. I get the intention behind it, to investigate why Godzilla was randomly wrecking shyt, but the villains were one note and hollow and that hero group never actually accomplished anything besides throwing whiskey on some keyboards.

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I thought that the Kong subplot following Rebecca Hall and that group was actually well done and added emotional depth to the movie, and it added to the lore of Kong well. If they had tossed out the Godzilla subplot with the kids and Brian Tyree it'd have been a better film because that storyline added nothing. I get the intention behind it, to investigate why Godzilla was randomly wrecking shyt, but the villains were one note and hollow and that hero group never actually accomplished anything besides throwing whiskey on some keyboards.

Right. And to be more accurate I should have said the humor fell flat. There definitely was some heart there between Kong and the deaf girl.

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I was thinking about this. They should have had Kong get incapacitated after the Godzilla fight rather than yield.
Not at all. He had to yield. This shouldnt even have been a fight to be honest. We've seen Godzilla's feats against planetary threats like King Ghidora already. Theres no reason why he would remotely struggle against Kong. This monsterverse has already established that there can only be one Alpha and if multiple exist, its a fight to the death or yield. Kong was a distraction to Godzilla who's purpose was finding Ghidora. They nerfed Godzilla to give a buffed Kong a shot and he still lost matter of factly, as he should. Kong had his showing. He did put in work and made Godzilla have to give Kong appropriate attention. While Kong really cant see Godzilla at all, he's enough of a threat that Godzilla cant brush him aside. But once Godzilla did give him attention, he ragdolled Kong and literally put his foot on Kongs neck. This was the best way. Kong got pressed, lost, but was respected by Godzilla. Just like Rodan was to Ghidora.