Official Godzilla vs Kong Thread

Cartier Murphy

Apathy’s a Tragedy & Boredom is a Crime
Daps
I saw this last night in 3D at the local AMC, I fukked with it :ehh: really wanted to see it in IMAX but didn’t feel like taking the drive. I found this as enjoyable as Skull Island and more in line with it, which was the only really fun movie to me in this whole Monsterverse. The human element in these films is always something that’s gonna be criticized but for the most part I didn’t find them overtly annoying or superficial in this one. The little girl who had a connection to Kong was actually a nice subplot and I thought carried the emotional element of the film in a way that didn’t feel forced or contrived the way most of these are in these kinda movies.
Paper Boi and Eleven’s subplot was trash though and they felt completely inconsequential to the storyline, you could’ve cut them out of the story altogether and not missed a beat. Alexander Skaarsgard having resting :dwillhuh: face was hilarious too.
Overall it’d be like a 3.5/5. Absolutely a film you gotta turn your brain off for to enjoy but in this day and age I’ll gladly take that escapism and enjoy it differently than I might’ve a few years ago. Just being able to sit back down in a theater setting again was a great feeling and made me enjoy this much more than I might’ve if I saw it at home.

CHERUB

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Box Office: 'Godzilla vs. Kong' Heading to $42 Million-Plus Debut - Variety

Two of the world's oldest actors are out here saving the movie theater industry from going bankrupt. Well deserved. I'm just happy for this movie's success and positive reception.

:heh: More like MIXED reviews bruh. I know i aint the only one that wont see this again until its on TNT or some shyt. Some people loved it and a lotta people hated it. The consensus is it came up lacking in a lot of areas but some of yall giving it passes for the fight scenes. It is what it is

Cartier Murphy

Apathy’s a Tragedy & Boredom is a Crime
Daps
The human death toll in this was crazy. The navy lost 2 aircraft carriers. That’s about 10k right there and nobody batted an eye:russ:
My favorite part was during the first Hong Kong fight how they made mention of evacuating the city but later on when they track the two of them running the fade tossing each other into building you still had mfs having board meetings in high rises during a fukking Kaiju battle :dead:

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
The way Godzilla just cut through them ships was :damn:. Them sailors didn’t have a chance. Imagine the anxiety of being on the open ocean with a indestructible giant murder lizard on that ass. The scene with the cargo ship turned over and all them people drowning was crazy

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
U my breh but :stopitslime:
I mean he had Kong laid out foot on neck season know your place breh or near time I’ll kill you :hhh:
Godzilla atomic breath is his move just like Kong throwing punch’s like a boxer is his move
U forget he had him choked out underwater till humans saved him :mjlit:

Godzilla is a season vet fighting stronger monsters while Kong a youngin fighter dealing with dinosaurs and shyt:lolbron:

Godzilla did get his ass beat by mechaBROCKLESNAR tho :russ:

Cause he stood 200 yards away with atomic breath :mjlol:

He should have won on water, He got the home field advantage :mjlol:

Let's see if Zilla will step his ass in hollow earth now that Kong is back:birdman:

Also who was it that beat mechazilla while beta zilla was :dead:

I see Zilla walked his ass off to after Kong did the job he couldn't :birdman:

Also like you said Kong still a kid...Zilla going to be light work for him when he grow up

Just like them other Kongs put the beats on them other Zilla's to the point they made an axe out of their backplates:hubie: