Official Godzilla Minus One Thread

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
I was watching an essay video critic of the Creator movie and it brought up two points that this movie fixed.

The remix of old tropes so people don’t notice. The wounded vet and the Jaws reference. I didn’t even notice the Jaws homage because i was so onboard with the world building of the tug boat crew and why they were out there. Plus the government not giving a crap because of the Soviet flare ups. And the wounded vet is healed by a lone child(aka Logan), but in this case it was building a found family.

the other was the personal attachment to the mega weapon. Both movies have this giant weapon but the way they have Shikashima face Godzilla in various stages of PTSD was great.

Last edited:

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
I don't think I've seen a main character PUNISHED the way the one in this in a movie for a long time:picard:

This is BY FAR the best Godzilla movie and it had a very good human story which I was not expecting :leon:

Like damn it made you want to see Godzilla get destroyed for what was going on, especially this version of the atomic breath :pachaha:

The only thing I didn't like was the ending with a certain character. The movie DIDN'T need that AT ALL.