Official Godzilla Minus One Thread

HNIC973

R.I.P Bandana P
Daps
Reppin
Brick City,New Jerz
This movie may go down as the most overlooked film of the 23/24 awards season. It got noticeably snubbed by the Golden Globes and IGN forgot to add it to its Best Movie poll. I low key think sites do shyt like this to piss off their audience just for shyts and giggles.
Somebody on Twitter said Japan didn't submit Minus One for certain categories IDk how true that is but :snoop: :beli:

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
Somebody on Twitter said Japan didn't submit Minus One for certain categories IDk how true that is but :snoop: :beli:
TOHO really underestimated how well the film would do in the states but I kind of get it. Shin Godzilla has a huge following now, but I remember it's theatrical run was limited and was a Fandom Event at Regal and I think the last non-American Godzilla film to be released in theaters in the states before that was Godzilla 2000 and Godzilla 1985, both of which kind of came and went really fast. I know the then newly restored print of the original Japanese Godzilla film, that went on big city tour across theaters in the US in 2004, did pretty well though. I suppose the movie studio's line of thinking was, "Why put so much money into advertising? This'll be in and out of their theaters within a week." They were probably just as shocked by the response as everyone else.

HNIC973

R.I.P Bandana P
Daps
Reppin
Brick City,New Jerz
TOHO really underestimated how well the film would do in the states but I kind of get it. Shin Godzilla has a huge following now, but I remember it's theatrical run was limited and was a Fandom Event at Regal and I think the last non-American Godzilla film to be released in theaters in the states before that was Godzilla 2000 and Godzilla 1985, both of which kind of came and went really fast. I know the then newly restored print of the original Japanese Godzilla film, that went on big city tour across theaters in the US in 2004, did pretty well though. I suppose the movie studio's line of thinking was, "Why put so much money into advertising? This'll be in and out of their theaters within a week." They were probably just as shocked by the response as everyone else.
I think they are shocked seeing some reports they've extended the run time to the 21st in the US. Only a 27% drop after two weeks is incredible 97% RT 98% among the audience is :dead: :wow:

nightwing2016

All Star
Daps
The freaking AMC app didn't tell us this was a Japanese film with English subtitles. It usually tells you. How disingenuous of them. I should have left right behind that Black couple, who left after the first 15 minutes, who were the only other Black people in the auditorium, other than three other Black individuals in the back. Being a Godzilla fan, I wound up tryna read through this 2 hour movie, until I started dozing off.

I have three questions:
1. Who goes to a movie knowing they'll have to read subtitles for 2 hours?
2. How did this movie get all this praise?
3. Are y'all crazy?

No wonder somebody set off a fart bomb midway through the movie. It wasn't bad enough to make me step out, but almost. I'm surprised nobody left, or said anything. I think the culprits were those three Black individuals in the back. And I don't blame them, if they weren't warned about the subtitles.

I've never been let down like this before, for a film that had no wenching.
:what: You’re no Godzilla fan watching those terrible ass dubs

detach

Banned
Daps
Reppin
OHIO
Movie was 🔥🔥 even the human parts. Young Godzilla was so agile. Why can't they make adult Godzilla agile like that? On land, adult Godzilla look so stiff.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Y'all know more about Godzilla than Fred Sandford :mjlol: . He could have cared less about how much the film made.
c8c479a0-c10a-4ef1-a3cf-6d97a867ffa6_text.gif