Official Godzilla Minus One Thread

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
Invasion of the Astro Monster. Godzilla vs Mothra has to be up there. IDK always preferred Terror of Mechagodzilla :manny:
I always thought Terror of Mechagodzilla > Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla (74) but I seem to be in the minority on that. I just really enjoyed the darker tone and some of the themes resemble ones from the original Gojira movie. Godzilla gets the ever-loving hell beat out of him so when he makes that great comeback at the end, it's cheer worthy. I was surprised at how much of the film got butchered by its American distributor, and when the Classic Media DVD was released in 2007, it made me appreciate the movie even more after seeing the uncut version. It was also Ishiro Honda's last Godzilla film that he directed and Akira Ifukube's last score (and it was a great, haunting score BTW) for the series until Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah in 1991. After a lot of lackluster films, it's great to see the Showa series go out with a bang.

Last edited:

Hawaiian Punch

umop-apisdn
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The I in Team
Just can back from watching it with my kids. Knew nothing about it, just randomly saw it was in theaters and told my kids let’s go. Man that was a good flick. It was a great story all around. It’s sad and ironic that it took a Godzilla story told by Japanese directors and actors to make you realize how a Godzilla standalone flick should be made. Highly recommend this.