Official Godzilla Minus One Thread

KingCesar

All Star
Daps
Just saw this.

It's a really great movie. Like most of the reviews said, it's a rare Godzilla movie that doesn't need Godzilla to carry it because the human stuff is actually worth watching. I loved the scenes of Godzilla wrecking Ginza, or fighting with the boats in the ocean. But I also loved watching Shikishima building a family with Noriko and Akiko, dealing with his wartime guilt/PTSD, or just watching the scenes with his co-workers on the boat.

Which isn't to say that the Godzilla stuff wasn't incredible, because it was. There wasn't as much city destruction as I thought there'd be, but what was there was amazing. As was the attack on Odo Island. Or any of the fight scenes in the water. I enjoy the Monsterverse and seeing a heroic Godzilla fighting other monsters, but I also love seeing a destructive one.

Laidbackman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL, but rasied in DMV
Don't be surprised if the next Godzilla movie don't even have English subtitles, and you'll have to know the language, when America finish getting sold out. But it's all good...you can still see the monster. Maybe I should have hollered at that young Asian girl sitting next to me last month in that near empty movie auditorium afterall :ohhh:. She looked like she saw it coming...lol.

Last edited:

jmegamar

On the Come up Member
Daps
Just finished seeing this. Holy shyt I haven’t had this much fun watching a movie in theaters in a minute. I got legit shook whenever Godzilla popped up. Can’t say I’ve felt like that watching a Godzilla movie before.

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
Just finished seeing this. Holy shyt I haven’t had this much fun watching a movie in theaters in a minute. I got legit shook whenever Godzilla popped up. Can’t say I’ve felt like that watching a Godzilla movie before.
What about the one with Matthew Broderick

Laidbackman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL, but rasied in DMV
This brother gave the most accurate review I've seen so far. He tried to be honest....maybe even a little generous at the same time. But like everybody else I heard so far, he sounds like a movie buff, or a movie critic. It will probably be later before you find out what normal viewers think, especially the ones who usually wait for movies to stream. At least by that time, they'll go in knowing this movie was subtitled from the beginning to the end, I hope, and not just the first 15 minutes, like I was thinking. I'm not sure if the brother doing this video knew if the movie was subtitled going in, but if he didn't, he held back better than I did. I like to keep it all the way real.

Then again, after watching his review again, this brother was pretty much on point. He's lucky somebody didn't set off a fart bomb in the movie auditorium, like they did when I went to see it...lol.

Last edited: