Official Godzilla Minus One Thread

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
The freaking AMC app didn't tell us this was a Japanese's film with English subtitles. The app usually tells you. How disingenuous of them. I should have left right behind that Black couple, who left after the first 15 minutes, who were the only other Black people in the auditorium, other than three other Black individuals in the back. Being a Godzilla fan, I wound up tryna read through this 2 hour movie, until I started dozing off.

I have three questions:
1. Who goes to a movie knowing they'll have to read subtitles for 2 hours?
2. How did this movie get all this praise?
3. Are y'all crazy?

One of my favorite things on the internet is when a person with a minority opinion is confronted with the fact that they're holding a minority opinion and it blows their mind lol.

Laidbackman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL, but rasied in DMV
One of my favorite things on the internet is when a person with a minority opinion is confronted with the fact that they're holding a minority opinion and it blows their mind lol.
I guess you mean my Black opinion, since you're suddenly bold enough to show you're probably not, after hearing your you-tube video. Anyway, the only positive thing I can say about your video, is it did warn us that the film was done in English sub-titles. I just didn't watch your video first. You also indicated if we weren't into watching foreign movies with all sub-titles, we may not be all that thrilled. But now your offended because I was one of them...with my minority opinion :mjlol:

I just wish you was honest enough to warn us about the sub-titles, before watching your video.

Last edited:

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
The same way you bytch every time I tell the truth about something. If my opinion offends you that bad, just put me on ignore.
what truth?

it was well advertised it'd have subtitles.

we both got a-list, and every movie that had the trailer in it clearly showed it would be subtitled.

I saw the trailer in front of a handful of films

Laidbackman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL, but rasied in DMV
what truth?

it was well advertised it'd have subtitles.

we both got a-list, and every movie that had the trailer in it clearly showed it would be subtitled.

I saw the trailer in front of a handful of films
Again, my AMC app, the app members over here use to buy tickets, did not advertise "Godzilla Minus One" as having subtitles, plain and simple. I checked several times. If yours did, cool. You didn't have to make a big deal outta it.

Last edited:

Laidbackman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL, but rasied in DMV
godzilla-computer.jpg

images

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Again, my AMC app, the app members over here use to buy tickets, did not advertise "Godzilla Minus One" as have subtitles, plain and simple. I checked several times. If yours did, cool. You didn't have to make a big deal outta it.
only one making a big deal is you, with your tired as rants

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
looks like it's headed towards the 10mil-12 mil range which is pretty good to only be showing in 2300 theaters throughout the states. Toho really sold this film short imo :manny:

It make a killing in Japan, it's primary audience and 10M is considering the highest gross for a Japanese release in the U.S. Not to mention the fact this movie only costed 15 minute to make!