Official Godzilla: King of Monsters Thread

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
I didnt think yhe movie was that bad but it was predictable and nithing oartucularly stood out. Godzilla aint the king of shyt tho.

KingCesar

All Star
Daps
Finally got a chance to see this yesterday. Some thoughts:

I loved the references to the Toho films in this. The modernized versions of the classic Godzilla and Mothra themes, the Oxygen Destroyer, the nod to the Mothra twin fairies, and the 'Burning Godzilla' form from Godzilla vs. Destoroyah.

One thing I was worried about when this movie was announced was the question of how you'd fit Ghidorah, Mothra, and Rodan into this movie without them feeling shortchanged. It worked when Toho did it because they'd established Godzilla, Mothra, and Rodan in their own movies already, but here? It feels like they took on too much. Mothra and Rodan don't really get much to do.

Ghidorah was amazing, though. This is really the most powerful he's come across in any Godzilla movie. He beats Godzilla twice, destroys Mothra, and forces Rodan to submit to him. Godzilla ultimately needs help from Mothra and the army, plus a nuclear power-up, to beat him.

I get that it'd be really dumb to go and spend money to get the rights to the other Toho monsters for what would have amounted to cameos. But at the same time I couldn't help but watch all the non-Toho creatures in this movie and think that seeing Kumonga, Angurius, Baragon, etc. in their place would have been so much cooler.

This isn't a particularly great movie or anything, but I enjoyed it a lot. If you had told me ten years ago that there'd one day be a Hollywood Godzilla movie featuring Mothra, Rodan, and King Ghidorah, I'd probably have laughed at you. So I'm just happy that this film even exists in the first place.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
Kong is actually briefly mentioned in the Godzilla: KOTM novel:

D8YEXmdU0AESGUu.jpg:large

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
Kong will beat Godzilla in Godzilla vs Kong. Godzilla earned the Title of King of Monsters. Kong name is just Kong. In the next film he will earned the name King Kong when he snatch the Crown off Godzilla :blessed:

Skyscraper to the side of Your Dome, Come Out of My Throne:wow:

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps
Kong will beat Godzilla in Godzilla vs Kong. Godzilla earned the Title of King of Monsters. Kong name is just Kong. In the next film he will earned the name King Kong when he snatch the Crown off Godzilla :blessed:

Skyscraper to the side of Your Dome, Come Out of My Throne:wow:
Intriguing

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Pretty much. I don't know if you've read the Skull Island graphic novel, but Kong was born and almost instantly watched his parents get slaughtered by Skullcrawlers. :mjcry:

Yea I follow dangerville as well his childhood is fd up:mjcry::wow:Kong had to raise himself as a younging and it's why he hates Skull crawlers so much:demonic: