Official Ghostbusters (2016) Thread

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
Long rant because I'm a big GB fan.....the studios didn't respect or even try to honor the original license, but instead of using logic, they fed into some SJW BS which could have given them Transformers, TMNT, or Jurassic Park numbers. Outside of comics, GBs didn't have a media presence since Extreme Ghostbusters back in 97 and before that, it was only 4 years after RGB went off the air. At least with the other franchises, they were somewhat on the radar of the target audience for studios (ie Millenials, Gen-X'ers, and Homeland Babies (born after 2000). GB never had that benefit to be honest....

Film was trash, through and through....

Toilet humor and slapstick style of comedy doesn't work with this type of property and that isn't really a dig at the actresses, but the writing, music, and SFX were dogshyt.

Written for the ADHD crowd, the pacing was awful and contradicted itself a few number of times, the largest where their equipment can contain ghosts, then in the finale it is vaporizing them without explanation (and no, it wasn't total protonic reversal :smile: The chemistry was non-existent between the leads whereas the original team had a genuine camaraderie on film and even the cartoon due to the writers having the understanding of the characters and their universe (though I will concede the last few seasons fell off due to ABC's meddling). That wasn't the case here, flat, lifeless, and dull. Even Neighbors 2 has more bite than this flick and I thought Neighbors 2 was an absolutely ridiculous premise.....

Now, adding onto the controversy and SJW slant they put on this, I hope it fails and it looks as it will as it only made $65 Mil worldwide and is going to drop to half next week once Trek 3 comes out.

Extreme Ghostbusters consisted of a Black guy, Goth Bi-Chick, Spanish Dude, and a man in a wheelchair, and was infinitely greater than this reboot. That is the trick with reasonable writing, you can sub in any character and still make it work, they didn't in this case and it was trash. ie, Robocop 2014,GI Joe...

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The 1st half was actually pretty funny. When wiig said she was visited by the dude from the 1st house and the guy said he was dead for 15 years then she like omg i see him right there. And he like "o thats jr" :russ:

She like " thats him man"

:stopitslime:

Thor was jokes but it got old quick and i dont get why they called leslie a stereotype. Maybe they think thats make up and not realize she was born like that. I liked the creepy villain dude he was ok but if he can change form why didnt he just shrink back down or possess one of them hoes again??

And what happened to containing ghosts? They was murdering them with proton bombs wtf. Overall i'd give it a 3/5 because the writing was extra corny and wish the cameos wouldve been used as them being the og's and passing on the tech and firehouse so we could've skipped the origin stuff and spent more time on ghosts

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Leslie Jones Is Shining A Light On A Major Problem With Twitter
A representative for the company said they “do not comment on individual accounts” and sent a link to Twitter’s “content boundaries.”

Originally posted on Jul. 19, 2016, at 12:53 a.m.Updated on Jul. 19, 2016, at 5:27 a.m.
Susan Cheng
BuzzFeed Editorial Assistant

This is Ghostbusters star Leslie Jones.
Alberto E. Rodriguez / Getty Images
On Monday, she began sharing some of the racist and misogynistic tweets people have lobbed her way in the wake of the movie’s release.
View image on Twitter
Cnry5EEWEAATZte.jpg

Follow
Leslie Jones

✔@Lesdoggg

I just don't understand

12:30 AM - 19 Jul 2016 · Manhattan, NY, United States

View image on Twitter
CnrFkZmXEAAKW7F.jpg

Follow
Leslie Jones

✔@Lesdoggg

I'm exposing you suck mfs

9:12 PM - 18 Jul 2016 · Manhattan, NY, United States

View image on Twitter
CnrMViOXEAAPMx6.jpg

Follow
Leslie Jones

✔@Lesdoggg

Exposing I hope y'all go after them like they going after me

9:41 PM - 18 Jul 2016 · Manhattan, NY, United States

View image on Twitter
CnrloORWEAAVIHA.jpg

Follow
Leslie Jones

✔@Lesdoggg

Yep so sad these people have mothers and sisters and aunts. So fukking sickening

11:32 PM - 18 Jul 2016 · Manhattan, NY, United States

Understandably, she’d had enough.

Follow
Leslie Jones

✔@Lesdoggg

Ok I have been called Apes, sent pics of their asses,even got a pic with semen on my face. I'm tryin to figure out what human means. I'm out

8:45 PM - 18 Jul 2016 · Manhattan, NY, United States

Paul Feig, who directed and co-write theGhostbusters reboot, and Katie Dippold, who co-wrote the film, have tweeted in support of Jones.

Follow
Paul Feig

✔@paulfeig

Leslie Jones is one of the greatest people I know. Any personal attacks against her are attacks against us all. #LoveForLeslieJ@Lesdoggg

11:37 PM - 18 Jul 2016

Follow
Katie Dippold

✔@katiedippold

I love @lesdoggg
Not only brilliant but one of the kindest people I've ever met

11:32 PM - 18 Jul 2016

11:56 PM - 18 Jul 2016

Jul. 19, 2016, at 2:22 a.m.

Follow
Leslie Jones

✔@Lesdoggg

It's like when you think "ok I've proven I'm worthy" then you get hit with a shovel of hated. I'm numb. I mean I know there is racism.

2:10 AM - 19 Jul 2016 · Manhattan, NY, United States

Follow
Leslie Jones

✔@Lesdoggg

But I'm I that naive to think that some things was changing yes I was. We still live in a world where we have to say "black lives matter"

2:12 AM - 19 Jul 2016 · Manhattan, NY, United States

Follow
Leslie Jones

✔@Lesdoggg

I'm more human and real than you fukking think.I work my ass off. I'm not different than any of you who has a dream to do what they love.

2:07 AM - 19 Jul 2016 · Manhattan, NY, United States

UPDATE

A Twitter spokesperson sent BuzzFeed News the following statement: This type of abusive behavior is not permitted on Twitter, and we’ve taken action on many of the accounts reported to us by both Leslie and others. We rely on people to report this type of behavior to us but we are continuing to invest heavily in improving our tools and enforcement systems to prevent this kind of abuse. We realize we still have a lot of work in front of us before Twitter is where it should be on how we handle these issues. Jul. 19, 2016, at 5:28 a.m.

UPDATE

After a day spent addressing online harassers, Jones issued one final tweet.Jul. 19, 2016, at 6:55 a.m.

Follow
Leslie Jones

✔@Lesdoggg

I leave Twitter tonight with tears and a very sad heart.All this cause I did a movie.You can hate the movie but the shyt I got today...wrong
Leslie Jones Is Shining A Light On A Major Problem With Twitter
:mindblown:

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
And that Thor character was wack. I guess If you like seeing people act stupid and retarded, you would probably like this movie then.
I think he was a counter to the trope of the dumb pretty blonde.

It was a bit over the top, though. But I actually liked that they turned the caricature on its head.

The movie was enjoyable but some of the SNL-esque jokes were :russell: