Official Ghostbusters (2016) Thread

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
I thought about that when I peeped it too. I had to do a quick dig into my memory to think of what they had Winston do in the movies and yeah you could take him out of both movies and nothing changes. Leslie is actually key to the plot. Which is good but also messed up at the same time.
Winston just looking for a janitor job in the first movie and never adds anything to the story.
he just shows up out of nowhere in GB2 with no explanation.
In the GB2, the trio capture those ghosts in the courtroom and say "We're Back!" then it cuts to all 4 of them in the streets ghostbusting:rudy:
Atleast Leslie had an encounter with a ghost by herself in this and had important lines thoughout the movie.
If i was Ernie Hudson i would have been hot watching this:martin::stopitslime:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Winston just looking for a janitor job in the first movie and never adds anything to the story.
In the GB2, the trio capture those ghosts in the courtroom and say "We're Back!" then it cuts to all 4 of them in the streets ghostbusting:rudy:
Atleast Leslie had an encounter with a ghost by herself in this and had important lines thoughout the movie.

Yeah he's talked about how his part was cut down once Bill Murray came on and they knew for sure Eddie wasn't coming on

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
When did you first see the original ghostbusters breh? When it hit dvd?

3a94a3142a920ce31cf9f54383803d16.png

VHS rental somewhere early 90s.:yeshrug:

I thought about that when I peeped it too. I had to do a quick dig into my memory to think of what they had Winston do in the movies and yeah you could take him out of both movies and nothing changes. Leslie is actually key to the plot. Which is good but also messed up at the same time.

That's because the studio screwed Hudson over. Once it became clear that Eddie Murphy wasn't going to take the role, the studio then wanted Murray to become front and center of the movie. They gave most of Winston's one-liners to Venkman and cut out his entire background, but not after Hudson had already signed on for the part (having read the original script). If I remember correctly it was Murray who demanded that Hudson had to be brought back for Ghostbusters II or else he wouldn't do it either (as to make up for it), and while the studio agreed, they of course didn't stop seeing Hudson as a fifth wheel, hence why he's still such an afterthought.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Saw this today movie was hilarious and didn't offend me completely like other reboots , rehashes etc. You gotta be a pure hater to see this and not enjoy it for what it was. First and prob last time Chris Hemsworth gonna be funny too:dead:

The sequel will be a guarantee

It's a wonder why this is the first funny thing he's done since he's been Thor. Everyone casts him to be this stoic serious cat when clearly he's silly as hell. JJ does want to bring him back for the next Star Trek movie tho

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Saw this today movie was hilarious and didn't offend me completely like other reboots , rehashes etc. You gotta be a pure hater to see this and not enjoy it for what it was. First and prob last time Chris Hemsworth gonna be funny too:dead:

The sequel will be a guarantee

It's a wonder why this is the first funny thing he's done since he's been Thor. Everyone casts him to be this stoic serious cat when clearly he's silly as hell. JJ does want to bring him back for the next Star Trek movie tho

Vacation reboot :troll:

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
This was surprisingly entertaining. Not all of the jokes worked, but a lot of them did. I also wasn't expecting so man cameos from the original cast, supporting characters included. It was kinda cool how they did a homage to the original by following similar shots, but then turned it into something new. It wasn't a shot by shot remake, which probably worked in its favor because it wouldn't be able to measure up. But it definitely outshines Mike and Dave Need Dates for a Wedding and Central Intelligence in terms of fun for me, which may be a sad comment on this summer's movie selection.

Anyway, two thumbs up.

Sonny Corinthos

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Port Charles, NY
This was surprisingly entertaining. Not all of the jokes worked, but a lot of them did. I also wasn't expecting so man cameos from the original cast, supporting characters included. It was kinda cool how they did a homage to the original by following similar shots, but then turned it into something new. It wasn't a shot by shot remake, which probably worked in its favor because it wouldn't be able to measure up. But it definitely outshines Mike and Dave Need Dates for a Wedding and Central Intelligence in terms of fun for me, which may be a sad comment on this summer's movie selection.

Anyway, two thumbs up.

All them cameos had me :krs: feeling like a kid again wasn't expecting the one during the credits and seeing Egon had me :to: for a minute.

Glad they didn't go the shot for shot route , it actually felt like a completely different movie while keeping basically all the elements from the first. If your not a fan of these chicks and their humor I can see why somebody would hate it. I think Wiig and McKinnon are stars while I can take McCarthy in small doses. The big surprise was Leslie tho in the trailers I was cringing at the character but her timing was on point