Official Ghostbusters (2016) Thread

dizzy4111

All Star
Daps
that's a lie . He judged Bvs S superman etc didn't he as He didn't like the version of superman they chose to portray .

I just reread that review and it looks to me like he's criticizing it because Snyder's Superman makes no fukking sense whatsoever. Which is true.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just reread that review and it looks to me like he's criticizing it because Snyder's Superman makes no fukking sense whatsoever. Which is true.
His superman makes sense in the context of the movies he's been in . He also has been supes for like 2 years in the movie time and in the real world you think people just going to worship superman after the black zero incident ? Of course you'd be conflicted

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Just out of curiosity so no beef at all cause you're my man but I do have to ask: Are cats paid off because they like a movie? I read his review too and I don't see anything in it as being paid off. The trolling comes from Devin being a guy who's gone to war with people on Twitter and other social media chains over women's rights and feminism, etc. and he's got an issue with people blatantly misogynistic or racists or anything similar so of course he's going to needle them as he's the guy behind the keyboard

Edit: Shyt, when I write things on uproxx, I will use that platform to knowingly piss people off whom I feel like have it coming to them and nobody is paying me off. A review, an article, whatever you write is still about self-expression

So you that dude who be pissing me off. :ohhh:

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How about they focus on the fact that the first trailers weren't good and made it seem like a wacky slapstick comedy which the original ghost busters wasn't ?? He pretty much dismisses or even worse ignores the
Skepticism some fans of the original had as the studio seemed to be focusing on the women cast as a gimmick
"have to talk about this a bit, because the movie sure does. This new Ghostbusters has been a target of scorn since it was first announced that it would star an all-female main cast. Angry misogynist nerds rose up to whine and complain, using any argument they could, including the INSANE one that the original wasn’t even a comedy (the original is, first and foremost, a comedy). The sound and the fury has only increased as the movie has gotten closer to release, and in many ways this new Ghostbusters has transformed from just a movie to a political stance - your thoughts on feminism and progress are defined by whether or not you’ll give this film a fair shake. At some point this all became clear to the filmmakers, and so the movie includes scenes where the still-forming Ghostbusters look at YouTube comments on their ghost videos and find angry, misogynist nerds proclaiming (and I’m paraphrasing here) “bytches can’t bust no ghosts.” Towards the end the Ghostbusters attack the bad guy (who has taken on the form of the Ghostbusters logo!) by shooting their proton beams at his dikk."

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Well, there's no such thing as a completely objective critic. Everybody brings something different to the table and that's what makes reading thoughtful film criticism and essays fun for me.

One of the things he brings is the fact that he gets dragged through the mud 24/7 by people that can't stand to see their comic book heroes criticized. That's a huge part of his life experience and by extension a huge part of how he views things.

I personally don't think I've ever seen him judge something by anything other than what it's trying to be and whether or not it succeeds. It just so happens that most of DC's output has been a mess.

Naw dude doesn't like anything DC, even Nolan's trilogy. He has some type of grudge against WB for whatever reason. Hell you get banned for being pro DC on his site, shyt is weird

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Not enough respeck for :birdman:

Nah I'm just messing with you. Good shyt breh.:ehh:

Oh yeah plenty of disrespect coming his way. And Turk. And anyone who thinks their hot shyt when they're really wack or continue to do people dirty. I'd go easier on baby if he stopped jerking dudes. As black men, we cried for years about how white label owners did us dirty then when cats like baby and puffy get in that position, they do the same thing. I can't abide that

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Oh yeah plenty of disrespect coming his way. And Turk. And anyone who thinks their hot shyt when they're really wack or continue to do people dirty. I'd go easier on baby if he stopped jerking dudes. As black men, we cried for years about how white label owners did us dirty then when cats like baby and puffy get in that position, they do the same thing. I can't abide that
:whoa: breh I was joking with you.

I picked like a random one. :heh:

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
CnDj7DcVUAQ-GDS.jpg:large

:dead: