Official Ghostbusters (2016) Thread

Tommy Fits

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QUEENS NY
Sounds like the critics that don't like it are from more established publications and Web sites. And the sites that like it are newer Web sites.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Just read Devin's review, Sony blatantly paid off some of these reviewers. Some of the things he said is borderline trolling

Just out of curiosity so no beef at all cause you're my man but I do have to ask: Are cats paid off because they like a movie? I read his review too and I don't see anything in it as being paid off. The trolling comes from Devin being a guy who's gone to war with people on Twitter and other social media chains over women's rights and feminism, etc. and he's got an issue with people blatantly misogynistic or racists or anything similar so of course he's going to needle them as he's the guy behind the keyboard

Edit: Shyt, when I write things on uproxx, I will use that platform to knowingly piss people off whom I feel like have it coming to them and nobody is paying me off. A review, an article, whatever you write is still about self-expression

Last edited:

dizzy4111

All Star
Daps
Sounds like the critics that don't like it are from more established publications and Web sites. And the sites that like it are newer Web sites.

It seems to be mixed on that front.

Manohla (maybe the best critical mind in the business), Matt Singer, Robert Abele, Faraci, Grierson, Bibbiani all like it. Some of the best, most thoughtful critics out there.

Peter Debruge and Eric Kohn don't like it.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Just out of curiosity so no beef at all cause you're my man but I do have to ask: Are cats paid off because they like a movie? I read his review too and I don't see anything in it as being paid off. The trolling comes from Devin being a guy who's gone to war with people on Twitter and other social media chains over women's rights and feminism, etc. and he's got an issue with people blatantly misogynistic or racists or anything similar so of course he's going to needle them as he's the guy behind the keyboard

Tbh i'm sort of bias towards Devin because he's bias himself. He's one of those people who like antagonizing people who like things he doesn't then he makes tweets or articles stating why he's right and you're wrong. He even assaulted a guy because he disagreed with what he said on Twitter. He reminds me of Max Landis and his unhealthy obsession with Zack Snyder

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps

Edit: Shyt, when I write things on uproxx, I will use that platform to knowingly piss people off whom I feel like have it coming to them and nobody is paying me off. A review, an article, whatever you write is still about self-expression
Cmon breh Devin was going to write a good review for this no matter what

The way he went at the youtuber for just saying he didn't want to see this:stopitslime:

I'm not saying they're getting paid but it is very clear that a lot of critics want this movie to be good/successful

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
Tbh i'm sort of bias towards Devin because he's bias himself. He's one of those people who like antagonizing people who like things he doesn't then he makes tweets or articles stating why he's right and you're wrong. Reminds me of Max Landis and his unhealthy obsession with Zack Snyder
Landis is anywhere close to the a$$hole Devin is though

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Cmon breh Devin was going to write a good review for this no matter what

The way he went at the youtuber for just saying he didn't want to see this:stopitslime:

I'm not saying they're getting paid but it is very clear that a lot of critics want this movie to be good/successful

He went at the youtube dude for being an a$$hole. Are we defending cats who have outright hate speech against women now? He felt, like many others felt, that the man only had an issue with the movie because its all girls. So he would've came at him regardless as he should've. People like that need to be put in check and I have no compassion for or mercy for anyone like that. Sorry

Tbh i'm sort of bias towards Devin because he's bias himself. He's one of those people who like antagonizing people who like things he doesn't then he makes tweets or articles stating why he's right and you're wrong. Reminds me of Max Landis and his unhealthy obsession with Zack Snyder

Fair enough lol he can be a bit of a douche and its more annoying on his podcast but I always respect his opinion even if I disagree with it. Like his feelings on Snyder..some i agree with some I don't but I always get where he's coming from

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
He went at the youtube dude for being an a$$hole. Are we defending cats who have outright hate speech against women now? He felt, like many others felt, that the man only had an issue with the movie because its all girls. So he would've came at him regardless as he should've. People like that need to be put in check and I have no compassion for or mercy for anyone like that. Sorry

Fair enough lol he can be a bit of a douche and its more annoying on his podcast but I always respect his opinion even if I disagree with it. Like his feelings on Snyder..some i agree with some I don't but I always get where he's coming from
The YouTuber that I'm thinking of didn't say anything hateful

He just said he wasn't going to review and why

Maybe we're talking about different guys

There's definitely a girl power agenda thing going on with this flick.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Which parts of Faraci's review do you guys take issue with?

Something about the ghosts in this movie being "scarier" than the processors. I didn't know that Ghostbusters was suppose to be scary. Reminds me of him describing CA:CW's final fight between IM and Cap as something out of a horror movie :mjlol:

dizzy4111

All Star
Daps
The YouTuber that I'm thinking of didn't say anything hateful

He just said he wasn't going to review and why

Maybe we're talking about different guys

There's definitely a girl power agenda thing going on with this flick.

He's talking about the guy from yesterday that said the original films aren't comedies. Not Angry Video Game Nerd.