Official Ghostbusters (2016) Thread

dizzy4111

All Star
Daps
Something about the ghosts in this movie being "scarier" than the processors. I didn't know that Ghostbusters was suppose to be scary. Reminds me of him describing CA:CW's final fight between IM and Cap as something out of a horror movie :mjlol:

That seems like some top notch nitpicking. Just because it's a comedy at heart that doesn't mean having some "scary" elements can't be a bonus.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The YouTuber that I'm thinking of didn't say anything hateful

He just said he wasn't going to review and why

Maybe we're talking about different guys

There's definitely a girl power agenda thing going on with this flick.

Yeah we're thinking of two different cats so that's my bad.

And I got no problem with there being a girl power thing for it. If there weren't so many people in comment sections or websites like this that were just straight up sexist and hateful, then that girl power thing probably wouldn't even be a thing. The guy who reviewed the movie for the site I work for started his review saying he liked the movie and if that bothers you, you have his permission to stop reading but he really doesn't give a shyt. The reason he has that attitude is because for months, he and other writers and people who work in film journalism have had to read ignorant crap . Stuff that none of us would dare say to our moms, or sisters, or grandmothers, etc but there it is. And as a writer, it does something to you when you're bombarded with that.

Cats on here call anything progressive an "agenda"...im sure there were white people who said there was an "agenda" when we started showing up on tv shows like Star Trek or I Spy or when we started winning awards for being the best actors and actresses in our field. If that's an agenda, then I'm glad to be a part of it

Last edited:

dizzy4111

All Star
Daps
im sure there were white people who said there was an "agenda" when we started showing up on tv shows like Star Trek or I Spy or when we started winning awards for being the best actors and actresses in our field. If that's an agenda, then I'm glad to be a part of it

lol there still are

Look at what happens anytime a black actor gets a role in a comic book movie that once belonged to a white person

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
Yeah we're thinking of two different cats so that's my bad.

And I got no problem with there being a girl power thing for it. If there weren't so many people in comment sections or websites like this that were just straight up sexist and hateful, then that girl power thing probably wouldn't even be a thing. The guy who reviewed the movie for the site I work for started his review saying he liked the movie and if that bothers you, you have his permission to stop reading but he really doesn't give a shyt. The reason he has that attitude is because for months, he and other writers and people who work in film journalism have had to read ignorant crap . Stuff that none of us would dare say to our moms, or sisters, or grandmothers, etc but there it is. And as a writer, it does something to you when you're bombarded with that.

Cats on here call anything progressive an "agenda"...im sure there were white people who said there was an "agenda" when we started showing up on tv shows like Star Trek or I Spy or when we started winning awards for being the best actors and actresses in our field. If that's an agenda, then I'm glad to be a part of it
I think we're talking about different things.

I the agenda should not be seeping into the actual review.

For instance if they did this with 4 black actors and got backlash, I wouldn't want people just giving it good reviews to spite the racists.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I think we're talking about different things.

I the agenda should not be seeping into the actual review.

For instance if they did this with 4 black actors and got backlash, I wouldn't want people just giving it good reviews to spite the racists.

But not everyone is giving it a great review so for the "agenda" theory to hold weight, it would have to be reviewed impeccably across the board. It's got a 75 on RT right now which is a C, which is average. Some people like it, some people don't. I don't see how there's anything insidious about that.

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
But not everyone is giving it a great review so for the "agenda" theory to hold weight, it would have to be reviewed impeccably across the board. It's got a 75 on RT right now which is a C, which is average. Some people like it, some people don't. I don't see how there's anything insidious about that.
I feel you. We'll see how it plays out but this shyt looks like Pixels :francis:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I feel you. We'll see how it plays out but this shyt looks like Pixels :francis:

Well here's the thing. Movies are subjective. We argue about them all the time. So even if 15 critics like a movie and you don't or I don't that doesn't mean they're wrong. It means we just experienced it differently. So if you see it and feel like it's ass cheeks that shouldn't make their opinion less valid. Especially when it comes to a comedy

dizzy4111

All Star
Daps
The guy clearly judges certain flicks harder than others which is bullshyt

He's been a straight fakkit when it comes to DC

Well, there's no such thing as a completely objective critic. Everybody brings something different to the table and that's what makes reading thoughtful film criticism and essays fun for me.

One of the things he brings is the fact that he gets dragged through the mud 24/7 by people that can't stand to see their comic book heroes criticized. That's a huge part of his life experience and by extension a huge part of how he views things.

I personally don't think I've ever seen him judge something by anything other than what it's trying to be and whether or not it succeeds. It just so happens that most of DC's output has been a mess.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Well, there's no such thing as a completely objective critic. Everybody brings something different to the table and that's what makes reading thoughtful film criticism and essays fun for me.

One of the things he brings is the fact that he gets dragged through the mud 24/7 by people that can't stand to see their comic book heroes criticized. That's a huge part of his life experience and by extension a huge part of how he views things.

I personally don't think I've ever seen him judge something by anything other than what it's trying to be and whether or not it succeeds. It just so happens that most of DC's output has been a mess.

This is nonsense.

His reviews of comic book films are a joke. He judges them for what he wants them to be not what they are.

He's a shytty critic and a terrible writer.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

that's a lie . He judged Bvs S superman etc didn't he as He didn't like the version of superman they chose to portray .