Official Ghostbusters (2016) Thread

Quarterback

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCOaI06zAvg
Daps
Reppin
Where many murders occur
What's next, The Godmother :lupe:

Vita Corleone :mjlol:

Her daughter Micki takes over after her other daughter Sunni gets gunned down? At the end, they shoot Mona Greene in the eye :ohhh:

We got Supergirl, Batgirl and a female version of It's a Wonderful Life already, so nothing surprises me anymore :manny:

I think VI Warshawski was somewhat of a female James Bond. Jaimie Bond.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
:deadrose:

Brehs do know that the thing is a remake to a movie and that the one from a couple years ago was a prequel right? And if you saw Carpenter's you already knew how that wold turn out, right?:lupe:

The 2011 film was a remake of the 1982 film disguised as a prequel.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Yeah I know. It syncs with the beginning of the Kurt Russel one with the dog being chased by the sniper.
My problem is not with the film itself, just hollywood trying to diversify things that don't matter, then purposely not diversifying things that do matter.
I don't care if there are no black people in the 'friends' movie. There are none in the show.
But I do care who plays Storm in xmen, or who plays the egyptians in Exodus.
Also I care when they use women in roles that shouldn't be women, realistically, but don't care if they put women in roles that they might actually be.

Its just a suspension of disbelief thing.

I also have the Thing video game on xbox by the way... it picks up right after the Kurt Russel movie. So both movies plus the game is like one long feature. Pretty cool... but I dont own the prequel.

Never played the game but I did hear about it. Is it worth playing?

And I feel you on some things but the idea of diversity and whom it matters to is purely subjective right?

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
Never played the game but I did hear about it. Is it worth playing?

And I feel you on some things but the idea of diversity and whom it matters to is purely subjective right?
The game is very good, but I don't know how well it would hold up today. I haven't played it im like a decade, maybe.
You know how durring the movie the black dude kept radioing for help. I'd say the game starts you like maybe a couple hours after the movie. A nearby station sent out a team to respond to the SOS and they end up sending an SOS themselves, so you go investigate. When you get there shyt is still on fire from Kurt Russel blowing everything up and you can go to the area where the suave black dude sacraficed himself (forgot his name)... its well put together. Everyone you meet is distrusting of one another and they can become infected and turn on you, but you need them... cause only engineers can open certain doors, the soldiers fight better than you, and the medics keep your group safe... but you have to sort out who is human and who isnt or they'll sabotage you. Its really psychogical.

As for casting... I don't care if they make Spiderman black for example, that doesnt change anything storywise. Him being white is not apart of his character. I cared when they made Kingpin black in the Daredevil movie, cause I know Kingpin is funded by Redskull. He's not that far removed from being a nazi henchman. It matters to the character. Same with Storm. She is african royalty, marries an african king, has voodoo themed african villains that try and kidnap her and sacrifice her for tribal reasons... its all related. She was introduced really simply because she was a black african. Her entire class (Uncanny) was done to add more ethnicities. Storm (African) Colossus (Russian) Banshee (Scottish) Psylocke (British) Wolvie (Canadian) Nightcrawler (German) Warpath (Native American) etc... so when they don't cast her fully black and chocalately darkskinned its undoing the essence of her character in alot of ways.

Last edited:

Tommy Fits

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QUEENS NY
Seriously this is BS. You don't see me trying to make a movie about making dinner, doing laundry, and buying tampons starring men.

AnotherRoute

Just another post by
Daps
Reppin
BR..O..OK...LYN
Why does Leslie Jones look like a buffoon in every pic I see her in? Should have got Yvette Nicole Brown or Uzo Aduba.

but more importantly, will Bobby B. rise from the ashes and grace us with another gem? :lupe:

They better play this shyt in this reboot. I have been against an all female cast from the beginning but at least we don't have to see Seth Rogan, Craig Robinson and Jonah Hill. I will be watching this online

Conz

Superstar
Daps
seriously though, this dude Feig is a SNL fanboy. he wanted John Milheiser or whatever the fukk his name was (was on last season or the one before, got in like 2 sketches, then got fired) to star in a movie for him. i forgot the story, Feig may have gotten him hired, so he's probably close with Lorne Michaels or something

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The game is very good, but I don't know how well it would hold up today. I haven't played it im like a decade, maybe.
You know how durring the movie the black dude kept radioing for help. I'd say the game starts you like maybe a couple hours after the movie. A nearby station sent out a team to respond to the SOS and they end up sending an SOS themselves, so you go investigate. When you get there shyt is still on fire from Kurt Russel blowing everything up and you can go to the area where the suave black dude sacraficed himself (forgot his name)... its well put together. Everyone you meet is distrusting of one another and they can become infected and turn on you, but you need them... cause only engineers can open certain doors, the soldiers fight better than you, and the medics keep your group safe... but you have to sort out who is human and who isnt or they'll sabotage you. Its really psychogical.

As for casting... I don't care if they make Spiderman black for example, that doesnt change anything storywise. Him being white is not apart of his character. I cared when they made Kingpin black in the Daredevil movie, cause I know Kingpin is funded by Redskull. He's not that far removed from being a nazi henchman. It matters to the character. Same with Storm. She is african royalty, marries an african king, has voodoo themed african villains that try and kidnap her and sacrifice her for tribal reasons... its all related. She was introduced really simply because she was a black african. Her entire class (Uncanny) was done to add more ethnicities. Storm (African) Colossus (Russian) Banshee (Scottish) Psylocke (British) Wolvie (Canadian) Nightcrawler (German) Warpath (Native American) etc... so when they don't cast her fully black and chocalately darkskinned its undoing the essence of her character in alot of ways.

I may have to play the game..and I feel that but with this particular project, it's a complete reinvention, as if the world has never seen ghostbusters, therefore you can start it with any gender or race you want if that's where you're going.

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
I may have to play the game..and I feel that but with this particular project, it's a complete reinvention, as if the world has never seen ghostbusters, therefore you can start it with any gender or race you want if that's where you're going.
Yeah, but based on who was cast it seems like they are going in a direction.
Maybe they will surprise us... but it seems like 'fat sassy black woman' humor.

Who knows though... maybe they'll do something new and inventive.

What if they cast her as Slimer??
:ohhh:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Yeah, but based on who was cast it seems like they are going in a direction.
Maybe they will surprise us... but it seems like 'fat sassy black woman' humor.

Who knows though... maybe they'll do something new and inventive.

What if they cast her as Slimer??
:ohhh:

Paul Feig doesn't strike me as "sassy black woman" type of guy or writer so hopefully he leaves the sassiness to Melissa

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Hit Fix has some potential spoilers

When you're at Sundance, it can sometimes feel like the entire rest of the world has disappeared. It was surreal watching the news about the big east coast snowstorms unfolding on random TVs while walking around Park City, and it sort of felt like there was a real-time disaster movie happening that we were just hearing about in passing.

It's also unusual for news about a future film to pierce the Sundance bubble, but when the news is that they've cast the new Ghostbusters for director Paul Feig, that's worth taking a break so I can offer up some thoughts and a little bit of context for what viewers can expect from the film.

According to the report filed today by Borys Kit, the central quartet will be played by Melissa McCarthy, Kristen Wiig, Leslie Jones, and Kate McKinnon. Obviously Feig is comfortable with Wiig and McCarthy, so I'm not surprised to see the two of them as part of the team. I think it's awesome that Sony would be willing to cast Leslie Jones as a lead, since she's largely unproven as a lead. The same is true of McKinnon, and it feels like casting Wiig and McCarthy gives the studio room to try some actors who are right for the roles, even if they don't have guaranteed box office clout at this point.

One thing to keep in mind here is that they are not playing the characters from the original film. They're not meant to simply be female versions of Venkman, Spengler, Stantz, and Zeddmore. Instead, these are totally different characters in a similar type of situation. Erin Gabler and Abby Bergman are the first two leads, and as the film begins, they are former colleagues. They co-wrote a book about the paranormal together, then went in different directions. Erin works for Columbia, and she's getting close to tenure, while Abby is more involved in the pursuit of ghosts, with a new partner named Jillian. In a world where there are thirty different "Ghost Hunters" style TV shows out there, the set-up makes sense, and it sets up a tension between serious academic motives and mainstream pop parapsychology.

If I was guessing, I'd bet Wiig is Erin, Jones is Abby, and McKinnon is Jillian. That's because I'm almost positive Patty, an MTA subway ticket employee who stumbles across the main ghost in the film, is going to be McCarthy. Seems like a perfect fit for her, and I can see how all four of them will fit together as a team.

There are some other major roles to cast, and based on conversations at Sony, it seems like they'e got some people in mind already. I'm curious to see if they land Peter Dinklage as the main bad guy, a creepy mechanical genius, but there's another role that, if they cast who they want, is going to be the most interesting part of the film. Like I said, these aren't direct one-to-one corollaries, but there is a character named Martin Heiss who is a professional supernatural debunker. When our new Ghostbusters post some videos of what they're doing online, Heiss becomes determined to prove that they are fakes, and he ends up at odds with the team for the whole film.

And who do they want to step into William Atherton's shoes?

Bill Murray, of course.

There's still a lot of work to be done by Katie Dippold and Paul Feig before they manage to start shooting, and I have a feeling what I saw was every early in the process. But it's clear that Fieg and Dippold have been given a very difficult task here. They've been asked to make something that is brand-new, but they also have to fold in the familiar iconography of the series, and it makes for something that feels very awkward. I don't necessarily need to see a major back story for the ghost-in-a-red-circle logo or an explanation for what makes the firehouse special or some special reason they end up with a car that looks just like the ECTO-1. Those things are great in the original film, but they weren't given this sort of over-the-top weight, and it feels like they've shackled the filmmakers to things that they should be free to reinvent completely.

It'll certainly be interesting to see how the rest of the cast falls into place, and I certainly like Feig and Dippold and the cast. I'm just not sold yet on the idea of continuing this series in a way that tries to both play to nostalgia and do things differently. One or the other, folks, because trying to do both may be impossible.

Read more at http://www.hitfix.com/motion-captur...t-should-audiences-expect#idVBGuL1FGDkUa5z.99