Official Ghostbusters (2016) Thread

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
Just want to point out that in the original (male) ghostbusters... Ernie Hudson's char Winston is a marine with a doctorate and a double PHD.
So if they do c00n up this flick its going to be that much more ridiculous.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
Just want to point out that in the original (male) ghostbusters... Ernie Hudson's char Winston is a marine with a doctorate and a double PHD.
Leslie Jones has played "loud opinionated black woman" in every sketch she's done on SNL so far

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Winston was a double PHD???
They never mentioned that in the movie?

did they?

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
:patrice: Wasn't he like an out of work bus driver or some shyt looking for a paycheck?

notPsychosiz

Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
Leslie Jones has played "loud opinionated black woman" in every sketch she's done on SNL so far
I'm well aware. I'm just saying, its not like Winston was your average black man. Or your average man, period. He was above and beyond in terms of his education and discipline... so the contrast would be pretty terrible to his she-c00n counterpart in this film.

notPsychosiz

Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
Winston was a double PHD???
They never mentioned that in the movie?

did they?
Don't remember. But I have the Video Game on Wii which is written by Ackroid. They all voice act it. He has said he considers it to be the 3rd movie, and script elements from the 3rd movie that never happened were reworked into the game.
But you can talk to the chars in-game and get more backstory.

edit: actually, upon looking it up, they discuss it more in the tv series and on the ghostbusters dvd audio commentary as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winston_Zeddemore

Might have to pick that up :ohhh:

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Don't remember. But I have the Video Game on Wii which is written by Ackroid. They all voice act it. He has said he considers it to be the 3rd movie, and script elements from the 3rd movie that never happened were reworked into the game.
But you can talk to the chars in-game and get more backstory.

edit: actually, upon looking it up, they discuss it more in the tv series and on the ghostbusters dvd audio commentary as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winston_Zeddemore

Might have to pick that up :ohhh:

ok because they never mention that in the movie.

fukking 80's

Conz

Superstar
Daps
i mean, not that she's been around long enough to really be typecast, but if you're hiring Leslie Jones, i can't imagine he swaying too far from her SNL act.

seriously, she was just in a ghost hunters skit a month ago (forgot the host, maybe Franco) where she's afraid of ghosts, basically "oh damn, what the hell was that?!" the whole time "uh-uh, im leavin!" guarantee they saw that sketch, said "that's what we need!"