Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps

Cm6et3GWEAAzsFw.jpg

Last edited:

doublex

Pro
Daps
I mean there's some misogynist out there but I think most people just don't like the series rebooted with no connection to the prior films.

They could have saved themselves a LOT of heartache by just making this a sequel about characters who know of the original Ghostbusters and are inspired by them to form their own team, had the OG's show up in the film as mentors, and basically paid homage to what has come before. Fans hate reboots that front like they can replace the original.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
this started with misogyny and the whiney "you're raping my childhood" crap a lot of people cling to, but since then every trailer has been crap. i don't see how you can argue that. it flat doesn't look good.

doublex

Pro
Daps

"Main villain is an anti-social nerd"

"Final villain... defeated by all fours GBs beaming it in the dikk"

:mjlol:

They're so busy trying to stick it to old male Ghostbusters fans that they forgot to reach out to new fans.

The ineptness of courting a black female audience with a token "stereotypical black woman" character...

Last edited:

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
:upsetfavre:
"Main villain is an anti-social nerd"

"Final villain... defeated by all fours GBs beaming it in the dikk"

:mjlol:

They're so busy trying to stick it to old male Ghostbusters fans that they forgot to reach out to new fans.

The ineptness of courting a black female audience with a token "stereotypical black woman" character...

:russ: Breh this movie is gonna be absolute shyt.

Like the shoot him in the dikk with the proton pack stuff is just insanely proposterous. Dude was right in his review tho. People hated on the concept of this movie because it was 4 women but people also KNEW it would be a fukkin fail no matter who was in it. They coulda casted Angelina Jolie, Jennifer Lawrence, Halle Berry and Elizabeth Olsen and the shyt would've sucked.

The blame on this falls squarely on Ivan Reitman, Bill Murray and the rest of the original team for not doing at last 4-5 Ghostbusters movies in the 90s and setting that franchise up for either a proper reboot or a continuation like Star Wars.

At least the Star Trek reboots are kinda getting in their own groove even tho it's on some hipster shyt but at least (outside of the ship designs) they're doing it with their own flavor.

When Ghostbusters bombs at theaters the feminist brigade will blame a bunch of sexists but when it's all said and done they made a wack film. People saw those wack ass uniforms and Kristin Wiig's dopey ass face and automatically where like "man helllllllllllllllllll naw" and that's exactly the tone this movie set

Conz

Superstar
Daps
Farachi being a staunch defender of this movie is making me think I'm right about how the critics are going to handle this. perfect chance for them to be holier than thou. that guy can troll with the best of em.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
They could have saved themselves a LOT of heartache by just making this a sequel about characters who know of the original Ghostbusters and are inspired by them to form their own team, had the OG's show up in the film as mentors, and basically paid homage to what has come before. Fans hate reboots that front like they can replace the original.
They could've followed Ghostbusters Extreme and did the new generation being interested in the paranormal by one of the ogs from the start. Egon would've been perfect :mjcry:Peter or Winston could've been the teacher at a school and still be the Uncle of Leslie Jones character while still respecting the OG films:snoop:. No misogyny over here these lines and effects in the trailers are cringeworthy:why:

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
If the cartoon character shyt is what it is then they've completely missed the point on why the movies are what they are.

The adlibing and sarcastic charm is the whole deal. If it's just a bunch of clowns fighting ghost then it's not Ghostbusters it's a 3 Stooges skit or something.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Farachi being a staunch defender of this movie is making me think I'm right about how the critics are going to handle this. perfect chance for them to be holier than thou. that guy can troll with the best of em.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
i have a feeling the reviews are going to be good. like 70% good, b/c i tend to think the hoity-toity critics will convince themselves to like it more b/c of the insane internet backlash against it. does that make any sense? it's like expecting to eat horse diarrhea for dinner, then being pleasently surprised when you get a bowl of gruel instead.

... it's just like that!

plus you got guys like Patton Oswalt already tweeting praise, but that means nothing to me as the Hollywood comedy community is pretty tight knit and they always seem to put out "go see my friend's movie, it's hilarious" tweets.
Considering bridesmaids and Spy both got in the 90% range im gonna say this will be 80s. Maybe 80-85.

I'm hoping for an 88%

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
"
After bad buzz surrounded a trailer for the upcoming “Ghostbusters” film, the all-female reboot had another setback this week.

Fans noticed action figures from the film are already on clearance at Target stores weeks before the film’s July 15 release.

“LOL toys for #Ghostbusters movie already on clearance,” posted a fan on Twitter with an image of a toy based on actress Kate McKinnon with a big red Target label reading “Clearance… Was $19.99. Now $13.98.”

Another source told us they saw the action figures this week with the same clearance tags at a New Jersey Target, adding, “Target’s clearing out all its ‘Ghostbusters’ merchandise before the movie’s even out.”

But Target told Page Six when reached for comment it was all a big mistake. “This is an error and we are working quickly to address it. We apologize for any guest confusion,” said a rep.

A collector posted on Reddit of the fire sale: “It’s not surprising. The stores are good at sensing turds.” The fan contended that, “Three toys from the line sold,” all classics from the first films, including the “Ghostbusters” car, the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man and the Slimer ghost. But, “Nobody wants action figures of the new cast. The marketers continue to ignore certain basic realities. Girls don’t want to play with… action figures that they can’t change clothes… and the boys, when they do buy female action figures, buy them last.”

Haters of the film’s trailer, including Kevin Smith, have been branded as sexist and faced a backlash themselves. Judd Apatow said, “It’s all silly.”

Original director Ivan Reitman declared, “It’s not so much that the trailer was bad. The trailer was fine. It just can’t stand up to more than 25 years of personal experience” after the 1984 original.
"

That's because they're trash. They're made for boys but lack the quality of the current other toy lines.

Slystallion

Live to Strive
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
cast should have been jonah hill seth rogan kevin hart and maybe james franco could have been the Egon character...but it should have been handed off to them where the original guys were retired maybe even have the first 5 minutes have had the original cast actually doing ghost busting and then saying fukk it we are done

this easily could have been made in 2008 while all the original cast was alive...instead of this feminist bullshyt

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
cast should have been jonah hill seth rogan kevin hart and maybe james franco could have been the Egon character...but it should have been handed off to them where the original guys were retired maybe even have the first 5 minutes have had the original cast actually doing ghost busting and then saying fukk it we are done

this easily could have been made in 2008 while all the original cast was alive...instead of this feminist bullshyt

The movie just has subpar written all over it. And to go from one extreme with an all male cast to an all female cast while keeping looking like a replica of the original was a horrible idea. The suits at these movie companies are just :snoop:

If you are going to do a movie like this the script has to be GREAT.

edit: Early reviews seem to be pretty solid. :patrice: :wtf: :ohhh:

fukk it, I'll check on a matinee. :yeshrug: