Official Ghostbusters (2016) Thread

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Not sure what you're disagreeing with, or why you feel that my statement needed a quote, or correction... but uhhm guess you just wanted to use that bill smiley. :confused:
where do I start, that you would support c00ning if you got entertainment out of it.And then you go on to close your statement by admirering her business acumen like she's some revelation, no black c00ns for the love of it they all c00n for money, what's their to like in that? Y'all kind of folk make me sick :pacspit:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Not sure what you're disagreeing with, or why you feel that my statement needed a quote, or correction... but uhhm guess you just wanted to use that bill smiley. :confused:
where do I start, that you would support c00ning if you got entertainment out of it.And then you go on to close your statement by admirering her business acumen like she's some revelation, no black c00ns for the love of it they all c00n for money, what's their to like in that? Y'all kind of folk make me sick :pacspit:

John Hull

You can’t see me!
Daps
Reppin
Studio gangstas

Because I'm not a cac like yourself and I wish for my brothers and sisters to do well, despite the limited options for legit roles.

I hold out hope they can find some middle ground and build themselves up to some level of respectability. Kind of like how Jamie Fox did going from Wanda on Living Color to being an A List Oscar winner.

Let's not pretend like white comics don't have complete freedom to whatever godawful shyt silliness they can get paid for without getting stereotyped and pigeonholed for it.

I root for Leslie Jones c00ning self just like I root for your faggit ass to one day fucc some p*ssy. Not likely, but not impossible either. Just gotta get off my dikk and go look for it. :camby:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Because I'm not a cac like yourself and I wish for my brothers and sisters to do well, despite the limited options for legit roles.
you wish for blax to prosper by validating the motto of ministrels? And you have the gall to call me a cac?

I hold out hope they can find some middle ground and build themselves up to some level of respectability. Kind of like how Jamie Fox did going from Wanda on Living Color to being an A List Oscar winner.

Let's not pretend like white comics don't have complete freedom to whatever godawful shyt silliness they can get paid for without getting stereotyped and pigeonholed for it.
first of all white ppl have no culture that's why they jack everyone else's secondly they are the majority and are holding the cards so of course they can get away with silly shyt there is no fear of what you don't understand with them like it is with non whites duh

I root for Leslie Jones c00ning self just like I root for your faggit ass to one day fucc some p*ssy. Not likely, but not impossible either. Just gotta get off my dikk and go look for it.
So because I raised a point you did not agree with somehow that means I am struggling to get play? :dwillhuh: am I suppose to get angry now? miss me with that trash, kid

Conz

Superstar
Daps
i have a feeling the reviews are going to be good. like 70% good, b/c i tend to think the hoity-toity critics will convince themselves to like it more b/c of the insane internet backlash against it. does that make any sense? it's like expecting to eat horse diarrhea for dinner, then being pleasently surprised when you get a bowl of gruel instead.

... it's just like that!

plus you got guys like Patton Oswalt already tweeting praise, but that means nothing to me as the Hollywood comedy community is pretty tight knit and they always seem to put out "go see my friend's movie, it's hilarious" tweets.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

"
After bad buzz surrounded a trailer for the upcoming “Ghostbusters” film, the all-female reboot had another setback this week.

Fans noticed action figures from the film are already on clearance at Target stores weeks before the film’s July 15 release.

“LOL toys for #Ghostbusters movie already on clearance,” posted a fan on Twitter with an image of a toy based on actress Kate McKinnon with a big red Target label reading “Clearance… Was $19.99. Now $13.98.”

Another source told us they saw the action figures this week with the same clearance tags at a New Jersey Target, adding, “Target’s clearing out all its ‘Ghostbusters’ merchandise before the movie’s even out.”

But Target told Page Six when reached for comment it was all a big mistake. “This is an error and we are working quickly to address it. We apologize for any guest confusion,” said a rep.

A collector posted on Reddit of the fire sale: “It’s not surprising. The stores are good at sensing turds.” The fan contended that, “Three toys from the line sold,” all classics from the first films, including the “Ghostbusters” car, the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man and the Slimer ghost. But, “Nobody wants action figures of the new cast. The marketers continue to ignore certain basic realities. Girls don’t want to play with… action figures that they can’t change clothes… and the boys, when they do buy female action figures, buy them last.”

Haters of the film’s trailer, including Kevin Smith, have been branded as sexist and faced a backlash themselves. Judd Apatow said, “It’s all silly.”

Original director Ivan Reitman declared, “It’s not so much that the trailer was bad. The trailer was fine. It just can’t stand up to more than 25 years of personal experience” after the 1984 original.
"

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
I wonder if this was well done if you guys would still slam it. I can't tell if the backlash is mostly misogyny or genuine distaste to a poorly written and executed script. I guess we'll never know if it sucks as much the trailer indicates.
I mean there's some misogynist out there but I think most people just don't like the series rebooted with no connection to the prior films.

The whole thing just looks like a Hollywood cash grab with not intention for quality like atleast the first GB was. Hopefully it's good though and alot of people seem to forget that the sequel wasn't that well received at the time it came out so it's not like it's some holy series. The first is just an all time great.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
the plot and cameos are lame if the stuff I read turns out to be true...

they also want to make this the first of a trilogy where they reinterept the OG film into 3 separate films plus a male spin off and silmer one.

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
I mean there's some misogynist out there but I think most people just don't like the series rebooted with no connection to the prior films.

The whole thing just looks like a Hollywood cash grab with not intention for quality like atleast the first GB was. Hopefully it's good though and alot of people seem to forget that the sequel wasn't that well received at the time it came out so it's not like it's some holy series. The first is just an all time great.

If I'm not mistaken, it isn't a reboot, it's a continuation. I think Dan Aykroid is in it. People immediately are hating because it's trying to put PC neo-feminist stamp on one of the defining movies in a lot people's childhoods.

I'll be honest, I hate reboots and remakes, but Ghostbusters is one I wanted. I thought it was time. I guess I have to be a little more specific when I ask for things.

I thought the latest crop of comedic actors would have made a worthy classic; Vaughn, Wilson, Hill, Hart. As much as those guys get hated on, tell me that wouldn't have been perfect

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
If I'm not mistaken, it isn't a reboot, it's a continuation. I think Dan Aykroid is in it. People immediately are hating because it's trying to put PC neo-feminist stamp on one of the defining movies in a lot people's childhoods.

I'll be honest, I hate reboots and remakes, but Ghostbusters is one I wanted. I thought it was time. I guess I have to be a little more specific when I ask for things.

I thought the latest crop of comedic actors would have made a worthy classic; Vaughn, Wilson, Hill, Hart. As much as those guys get hated on, tell me that wouldn't have been perfect
The original cast make cameos as different characters.