Official Ghostbusters (2016) Thread

Conz

Superstar
Daps
He's been In every commercial for the movie
well i mean, yeah, he's a character in the movie... but if you don't think slapping him on the poster release closest to the premiere date is a sign of despiration, i don't know what to tell you. You think they threw Rick Moranis and Annie Potts on the poster in 84?

i could nitpick literally every single thing they've done marketing wise with this movie, even down to the food/toy releases. it's been a workshop on how not to market a movie.

John Hull

You can’t see me!
Daps
Reppin
Studio gangstas
I could support Leslie Jones c00ning persona if it was funny. For most black comedians it's a thin line between comedy and c00ning anyway. She seems smart so I'm not gonna hate, GET MONEY.

But I don't really laugh at her shyt tho. It's way too basic at this point.

Grifter

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Watching
Most recent commercial I saw still looked terrible, the comedy they're going for would be shytty even with a male cast.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
I could support Leslie Jones c00ning persona if it was funny. For most black comedians it's a thin line between comedy and c00ning anyway. She seems smart so I'm not gonna hate, GET MONEY.

But I don't really laugh at her shyt tho. It's way too basic at this point.
:what: all AAs c00n for the money

John Hull

You can’t see me!
Daps
Reppin
Studio gangstas
Chris Tucker and Martin Lawrence old material crosses the line from comedy to c00ning frequently but most of it is funny. Leslie Jones been doing comedy for a long time and she still not that funny to me, so I don't fucc with her like that.

Monique is a good example of the type of humor Leslie Jones is going for, but can't achieve. Too bad they blackballed her. :yeshrug:

Conz

Superstar
Daps
is it racist to call Leslie Jones a BET Comic View comedian? She's no better than a female Bruce Bruce.

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
very... but i used to watch comic view, so that makes it ok.

I don't think calling someone a bet comic is racist. But just for clarity, how white are we talking? Never seen a black person in my life white, or I have a couple black friends white?:patrice:

Conz

Superstar
Daps
I don't think calling someone a bet comic is racist. But just for clarity, how white are we talking? Never seen a black person in my life white, or I have a couple black friends white?:patrice:
the latter... but stretching the definition of the word "friend" just to appeal cooler and less white. same goes for the couple "gay friends" i have. i don't have any asian friends. :hamster: unless Indians count

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the latter... but stretching the definition of the word "friend" just to appeal cooler and less white. same goes for the couple "gay friends" i have. i don't have any asian friends. :hamster: unless Indians count

Understood:jbhmm:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Not sure what you're disagreeing with, or why you feel that my statement needed a quote, or correction... but uhhm guess you just wanted to use that bill smiley. :confused:
where do I start, that you would support c00ning if you got entertainment out of it.And then you go on to close your statement by admirering her business acumen like she's some revelation, no black c00ns for the love of it they all c00n for money, what's their to like in that? Y'all kind of folk make me sick :pacspit: