Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch

this is going to be a nuclear bomb.

The screenshot alone looks like shyt.

Everyone involved in this movie fukked up and they fukked up WELL before this version was conceived. There should be like 5 Ghostbuster movies with the original cast by now. Maybe egos and shyt got in the way but they all left money on the table and you KNOW they regret it now and will have to deal with the heat when this new one comes out and people shyt on it.

With a concept like Ghostbusters (and that original cast) the damn thing could write itself. Find a plausible plot and then have Bill Murray and then load it up with jokes.

The timeline after the second one shoulda been them being praised for saving the city again, Venkman finally marries the chick, business is booming again and they eventually start bringing in new recruits.

One issue that fukked them in the beginning of Ghostbusters II was the notion that there were no more ghosts and business had dried up. So you had all 4 guys doing whatever just to earn a buck. IMO at the end of the first there should been this angle that ghosts (good and bad) are always gonna be a thing and their jobs would be to regulate all of it. shyt, a whole movie in the franchise could be dedicated to strictly the paranormal universe side of things. And then one film coulda been a prequel because back then they all still looked young enough to play younger versions of themselves.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The screenshot alone looks like shyt.

Everyone involved in this movie fukked up and they fukked up WELL before this version was conceived. There should be like 5 Ghostbuster movies with the original cast by now. Maybe egos and shyt got in the way but they all left money on the table and you KNOW they regret it now and will have to deal with the heat when this new one comes out and people shyt on it.

With a concept like Ghostbusters (and that original cast) the damn thing could write itself. Find a plausible plot and then have Bill Murray and then load it up with jokes.

The timeline after the second one shoulda been them being praised for saving the city again, Venkman finally marries the chick, business is booming again and they eventually start bringing in new recruits.

One issue that fukked them in the beginning of Ghostbusters II was the notion that there were no more ghosts and business had dried up. So you had all 4 guys doing whatever just to earn a buck. IMO at the end of the first there should been this angle that ghosts (good and bad) are always gonna be a thing and their jobs would be to regulate all of it. shyt, a whole movie in the franchise could be dedicated to strictly the paranormal universe side of things. And then one film coulda been a prequel because back then they all still looked young enough to play younger versions of themselves.

It wasn't egos that got in the way. Ghostbusters 2 wasn't received as warmly as the first and Bill Murray notoriously shytted on it any chance he got. He didn't want to do a third one because he hated making the 2nd one and didn't think it was a good movie (he's not alone)

Conz

Superstar
Daps
i feel like Kristen Wigg is totally mailing this one in

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
It wasn't egos that got in the way. Ghostbusters 2 wasn't received as warmly as the first and Bill Murray notoriously shytted on it any chance he got. He didn't want to do a third one because he hated making the 2nd one and didn't think it was a good movie (he's not alone)

shyt is retarded breh. GB2 was pretty decent IMO but obviously not topping the first because that was really the first flick with nice special effects (for the time) and comedy, and it wasn't a space movie. The formula just worked. Bill Murray was clearly being a fukkboy when it came to that movie. But like I said before, they coulda EASILY stretched that franchise into at least 4 movies by 1995. The second it was obvious that the first one was a hit, 3-4 more scripts shoulda been cooked up

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
shyt is retarded breh. GB2 was pretty decent IMO but obviously not topping the first because that was really the first flick with nice special effects (for the time) and comedy, and it wasn't a space movie. The formula just worked. Bill Murray was clearly being a fukkboy when it came to that movie. But like I said before, they coulda EASILY stretched that franchise into at least 4 movies by 1995. The second it was obvious that the first one was a hit, 3-4 more scripts shoulda been cooked up

Meh can you say it clearly worked tho? I mean if you were my age at the time (3) and saw it as a kid, I'm sure you loved it but it wasn't received well critically or financially and all of the creative talent behind it, not just bill, had issues with it. And Dan tried to get a third one done for a long long time but bill was always the hold out because the 2nd one wasn't good in his eyes or the eye of a lot of people. And like I said to @Deltron, I've watched that shyt multiple times as an adult and it's not good. It has its moments yeah but it's flat as hell, everyone seems like they're sleepwalking, and it feels too much like a carbon copy of the 1st flick just inferior. The video game is the best ghostbusters sequel we've gotten so far

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Meh can you say it clearly worked tho? I mean if you were my age at the time (3) and saw it as a kid, I'm sure you loved it but it wasn't received well critically or financially and all of the creative talent behind it, not just bill, had issues with it. And Dan tried to get a third one done for a long long time but bill was always the hold out because the 2nd one wasn't good in his eyes or the eye of a lot of people. And like I said to @Deltron, I've watched that shyt multiple times as an adult and it's not good. It has its moments yeah but it's flat as hell, everyone seems like they're sleepwalking, and it feels too much like a carbon copy of the 1st flick just inferior. The video game is the best ghostbusters sequel we've gotten so far

:why:

Breh the 2 films made $550 million combined on $60 million combined for a budget.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Where are you getting you numbers from? The first one made $300 mil worldwide and the second made $215 mil

Box office mojo. and looking at domestic numbers as thats really what they gave a shyt about in the 80s more so than international numbers. most of the money a flick would make would be over here anyway. So even with those numbers, the movie made 100 million less domestically than its predecessor. That's a bad look man no matter how you slice it and any accountant or bookkeeper will tell you that.

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Box office mojo. and looking at domestic numbers as thats really what they gave a shyt about in the 80s more so than international numbers. most of the money a flick would make would be over here anyway. So even with those numbers, the movie made 100 million less domestically than its predecessor. That's a bad look man no matter how you slice it and any accountant or bookkeeper will tell you that.

Bread is bread considering those budgets