Official Ghostbusters (2016) Thread

Conz

Superstar
Daps
i'll take this a step further... i don't even think a Ghostbusters movie with a cast I'd like would be good. this might just be a franchise that is past it's expiration date.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
In the original script for Ghostbusters, Winston Zeddemore was intended to be the smartest and most capable of the Ghostbusters, a former Marine with multiple degrees and a Ph.D., making him more suited for the job than the founding three Ghostbusters.[2] However, in the final screenplay none of these qualifications were mentioned. The changes are discussed in detail in the commentary on the DVD of Ghostbusters, the explanation being Winston allowed the technobabble to be put into layman's terms.[citation needed]

However, the novelization of Ghostbusters mentions Zeddemore's service with the Marines prior to joining the Ghostbusters. Further, in Ghostbusters: The Video Game, while the Ghostbusters are on a mission in the New York History Museum, Zeddemore reminisces about the time he spent studying for his doctorate in the museum's Egyptology wing. (In context, it's unclear if Zeddemore studied for the doctorate prior to joining the Ghostbusters, or sometime between the events of the movies and the game's setting in 1991.)

Zeddemore is a religious man to some extent, saying in a discussion in Ghostbusters that he believes in God and "loves Jesus' style". While driving the Ecto-1 with Ray, he voices his thoughts that the sudden spike in ghost appearances might be a sign of the apocalypse, pointing out that while they have come to treat capturing ghosts as routine pest control, in a very real sense the dead are literally "rising from the grave".

Winston was also written for Eddie Murphy. There's no way they were gonna give that background to Ernie Hudson. He simply was not of their caliber in status at that point.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
i'll take this a step further... i don't even think a Ghostbusters movie with a cast I'd like would be good. this might just be a franchise that is past it's expiration date.
:whoa: let's not to too far. The idea somebody threw out of a Franco, rogan, hill, and Robinson team would have been heat rocks

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.

My thoughts exactly,it worked in the 80s before technology and sci fi/IMAX and that was the right place for it...

Alot of 80s classics belong in the 80s and nowhere else....25 yrs after the sequel seems so pointless.

Shadow

Enjoy your life and loved ones.
Daps
I think there's ways to be more creative with the franchise.

Switch up the location. Have them in Japan going after some of those long haired Japanese women ghosts and others.

Have them in space investigating long abandoned space crafts. Maybe allude to the Alien franchise which brings a call back to Sigourney Weaver who was in both the Alien and Ghostbusters. She can do a cameo as both characters with her not acknowledging the fact that she's the same person playing 2 different people. :laugh:

Do a cross over with Scooby Doo, this seems natural as fukk considering the material of both franchises. You can do a Ninja Turtles crossover too. I think it would work.

Put them in Hollywood and have them trying to contain ghosts of Hollywood's past. You can have classic movie stars as ghosts running wild. Marilyn Monroe, Alfred Hitchcock, Marlon Brando, Vincent Price, the Three Stooges, Marx Brothers, Charlie Chaplin, etc then eventually transition into them going after the ghosts of people like Richard Pryor, Leslie Nielsen, Robin Williams, George Carlin, etc.

^Do a sequel to that one and have them going after the ghosts of classic musicians. Mozart, Bach, Beethoven, etc and then do a smooth transition over to the ghosts of The Temptations(with Otis Williams cameo), Michael Jackson, Prince, David Bowie, Whitney Houston, etc.

For the last 2, respect wise none of the jokes would be about making fun of the actual people that died.

^I don't know how expensive that shyt would be though and a lot of this shyt isn't plausible at all but still :laugh:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
I think there's ways to be more creative with the franchise.

Switch up the location. Have them in Japan going after some of those long haired Japanese women ghosts and others.

Have them in space investigating long abandoned space crafts. Maybe allude to the Alien franchise which brings a call back to Sigourney Weaver who was in both the Alien and Ghostbusters. She can do a cameo as both characters with her not acknowledging the fact that she's the same person playing 2 different people. :laugh:

Do a cross over with Scooby Doo, this seems natural as fukk considering the material of both franchises. You can do a Ninja Turtles crossover too. I think it would work.

Put them in Hollywood and have them trying to contain ghosts of Hollywood's past. You can have classic movie stars as ghosts running wild. Marilyn Monroe, Alfred Hitchcock, Marlon Brando, Vincent Price, the Three Stooges, Marx Brothers, Charlie Chaplin, etc then eventually transition into them going after the ghosts of people like Richard Pryor, Leslie Nielsen, Robin Williams, George Carlin, etc.

^Do a sequel to that one and have them going after the ghosts of classic musicians. Mozart, Bach, Beethoven, etc and then do a smooth transition over to the ghosts of The Temptations(with Otis Williams cameo), Michael Jackson, Prince, David Bowie, Whitney Houston, etc.

For the last 2, respect wise none of the jokes would be about making fun of the actual people that died.

^I don't know how expensive that shyt would be though and a lot of this shyt isn't plausible at all but still :laugh:
How did a random messageboard poster come up with multiple ideas in five minutes all better than some highly paid guys in suits who just decided to do a remake with women :mjlol:

We needed you in that board room man :mjcry:

Shadow

Enjoy your life and loved ones.
Daps
They could also do a spin of Poltergeist, The Conjuring, Paranormal Activity, Insidious type movies and put them in haunted houses investigating strange occurrences. Maybe they're down on their luck in this movie and they have to work smaller hauntings rather than city wide stuff?

There's ghost stories all around the world, they need to move around and go after some in different locations.