Official Ghostbusters (2016) Thread

TRIPLE M

This is Where the Power Lies
Daps
enjoyed the slimer spot

should of made him the star of the movie like he was during the later years of the cartooon

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
:ehh: I'm still intrigued. still looking forward to it

:dead: Seeing how negative everyone is about the trailer in this thread, I was looking forward to your post to see if:

A. Were you gonna FRY this trailer too

OR

B. Were you gonna do what you usually do, somehow spin it into a postive and/or act like it's not as bad as everyone making it seem.

:heh: I was hoping for A.

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
:dead: Seeing how negative everyone is about the trailer in this thread, I was looking forward to your post to see if:

A. Were you gonna FRY this trailer too

OR

B. Were you gonna do what you usually do, somehow spin it into a postive and/or act like it's not as bad as everyone making it seem.

:heh: I was hoping for A.

Most people are negative because it's "ew girls can't play with my toys!" That's not me. I've been looking forward to it since they announced it and like everyone involved. The trailer wasn't great but a great trailer doesn't always indicate a great trailer just like a meh one or just okay one doesn't indicate a meh or okay movie. Marketing is marketing the movie is the movie. If I was interested then I'm going to remain interested now. We've all been watching movies way too long to not know that by now

Conz

Superstar
Daps
I still can't get over trailers in 2016 highlighting dialogue like "that's gonna leave a mark!" and "aw hell no!!!"

that's like in the Zoolander trailer they featured the "throw me the knife" gag where it gets stuck in the character's leg, or MBJ yelling "that's what I'm talking about" in the F4 trailer.

how hard is it to NOT write these lines/bits? do execs think super familiar shyt like this puts asses in seats?

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I still can't get over trailers in 2016 highlighting dialogue like "that's gonna leave a mark!" and "aw hell no!!!"

that's like in the Zoolander trailer they featured the "throw me the knife" gag where it gets stuck in the character's leg, or MBJ yelling "that's what I'm talking about" in the F4 trailer.

how hard is it to NOT write these lines/bits? do execs think super familiar shyt like this puts asses in seats?
Yes.

Film execs are idiots. Reading those Sony e-mails that leaked only confirmed it.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Yes.

Film execs are idiots. Reading those Sony e-mails that leaked only confirmed it.

Brad bird said once that if there was a year where every hit movie had someone with a red shirt, the next year every exec would say every movie has to have someone wearing a red shirt

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Yo @MartyMcFly this is really my only problem with this trailer, I ain't gone call you the black like other buddy but that shyt rubbed me off wrong

I can understand that :russ: at the black. But there's also a lot of improv in movies like this (which irks me a bit) and that's normally her kind of comedy for better or for worse